Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official August 2021 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Comments

• josephbraun99josephbraun99 Member
    66 karma

@InsertTextHere Me to bro, me too. I almost cancelled my score then and there. I'd be lucky to scrape -12 on the first one i had.

• 66 karma

@josephbraun99 Same and I sort of screwed up LR as well. I had LR-LG (incredibly tough one) - RC - LG (easy one) and I was thinking about cancelling my score throughout the 10 min break LOL.

• J WickerJ Wicker Member
    28 karma

Did anyone find the LR (conspiracy theories, Sisyphus, Norway/Sweden, dark bird feathers) really really really hard? Or was it just me because I'm terrible at LR?

Damn you, LR...

• asvab_to_lsatasvab_to_lsat Member
    12 karma

@afifiguoguoguo

I don't believe so. I had clay and summer camp games maybe?

• JScherrmanJScherrman Member
    26 karma

Just finished, I had LR-LG-RC-LG. I'm not the best at LR but I felt it was overall decent no terrible questions for me. The first LG was really tough, I really can't remember many of the topics, but my brain is fried from the test. RC was decent as well, I had Nigerian Author, EMF litigation, Privatization, and Tree fungus. Felt each of those was pretty average overall. The final LG section which I hope to GOD is the real one had topics of Fencing, Movie's to theaters, and two other I'm blanking on right now. Hope the test went well for others! Looking forward to a little study break before getting ready for the October Exam due to the LSAC kinda screwing us over with the score release and the deadline to register for that exam.... :/

• MinyMy11MinyMy11 Member
    8 karma

@InsertTextHere said: I really have no idea
    @MinyMy11 Do you by any chance remember the questions from your LG section? Did you get something about fencing competitions? I got LR-LG-RC-LG

I

• edited August 2021 25 karma

edited
    Just finished! I had LR - LG - RC - LG! Had the famous Nigerian author passage, LR reminded me alot of the 80's PT (no monkey token question) it mentioned the dark feather birds. the LG was okay, usually my best area and i get through all the games but could only get through 3! which made me anxious, and the last LG section was more difficult (hoping it was experimental) and also was not given my 10 minute intermission. I remember a game about political/union parties and counselling? cant remember whether that was the first or second LG though

66 karma

@JScherrman Same as me. Exact same test it seems like. I felt rushed on the RC compared to usual--but I probably did okay. I wasn't unsatisfied with any answers at a cursory glance. I'd guess I went at least -2/3 though, no chance for a sweep. I have very similar thoughts on our AR section.

Wicker, I found it had a few more tricky ones than I was expecting, but I also know I performed like shit today. I've scored -1,-0,-4 on RC LR AR in practice and there's no shot of that today. I agree that the Sisyphus question was hard, if that's implied in your comment. Don't remember what they had to say about sweden. Is that the imported goods one? I probably went -3,-2 or-1 on it. My problem on the LSAT is I'm borderline useless on AR and it drags my score down like an anchor. I score at like a 130 pace on them sometimes.

• UCLApleaseUCLAplease Member
    281 karma

@josephbraun99 said:
    Hello, I just finished. Was the Logic games section with the fencing competition experimental or real?

Real

• mariaye0604mariaye0604 Alum Member
    79 karma

I just finished mine today. I had 2 LGs and I hated it. I thought the first LG was significantly more difficult than the second set. I did okay on the second with possibly -1/-2 barring any stupid mistakes. LR and RC seemed okay to me. LR was probably similar difficulty and I felt that my RC was simple. The RC included - power line fear, plant & fungus, African writing by a particular author, and a comparative about privatization.
    Anyone with two LGs had similar experiences??? I'm really hoping for the first LG to be the experimental now...

• ElizabethSD89ElizabethSD89 Member
    16 karma

Tuesday tester. I had RC - LR - LR - LG.

RC -- nigerian languages, ansel adams aperture, reduced sentences & prosecutorial misconduct, quantaum physicics comparative. The last passage was tricky given how abstract the concepts where, but the questions themselves were a bit easier from a POE perspective.

LR 1 -- group memberships & political influence; rigged election; using paper materials vs. digital materials & reducing global pollution. Thought certain questions were tricky & came down to 2 ACs, but not too brutal overall.

LR 2 -- First ~10 questions had more assumption family questions than I expected for so early in the section. Roast chicken vs. fresh chicken; copyright protections; monkey tokens (this one got me); revolutionary political movements

• J WickerJ Wicker Member
    28 karma

@josephbraun99

I wish I could've scored -3 on that LR section. Unfortunately I have a feeling I got anywhere from 5-7 questions wrong. I would much rather have had two RC sections because RC is my strongest area (followed by LG). I don't think I found the Sisyphus question hard, it was just one of the most memorable ones for me.

Someone please cradle my broken body and tell me it'll be okay.

• 50 karma

@mariaye0604 said:
    I just finished mine today. I had 2 LGs and I hated it. I thought the first LG was significantly more difficult than the second set. I did okay on the second with possibly -1/-2 barring any stupid mistakes. LR and RC seemed okay to me. LR was probably similar difficulty and I felt that my RC was simple. The RC included - power line fear, plant & fungus, African writing by a particular author, and a comparative about privatization.
    Anyone with two LGs had similar experiences??? I'm really hoping for the first LG to be the experimental now...

I think I had the same test. Same RC topics, and 2 LGs. I can't remember all the topics, but my 2nd LG section had: movies in months as the 3rd game and pairing as the 4th. My first LG section had something about theaters V,W on Friday or Saturday as the 3rd game.

I couldn't finish either LG section... but I think I did better on the 2nd section by a couple points

time to sign up for Oct... lol

• edited August 2021 239 karma

RC RC LG LR

i thought LR was hard but half of my mind was also on my poor guinea pig who’s currently in the ER possibly has meningitis

one of the RC i had national Nigerian language, something i forget, sentence reduction, Krauss

the other RC i had cowbirds (DNR the rest); thought both sections were probably around the same difficulty, kind of like PT89’s RC.

LG was standard if not easier; last game took a bit of time but i finished. It was about fashion designers and stores.

LR was rough for me as the last section. There was a question about Sisyphus and an Athenian with a name starting with C that I couldnt figure out. I thought the middle of the section was harder than the very end. In general kind of like a mix of PT89 but with more typical question types on steroids. Again I’m probably biased because I was worried about my guinea pig half the time I was doing the section and my proctor stopped me out of no where because her video wouldnt load. One of the proctors I had was great, the others all awful.

• jess.pahrryjess.pahrry Core Member
    12 karma

I'm confused- just finished the test and came on to see which section of my LG was the "real" one-- but also found out I had a different passage in RC than some others with only one section had? So is there not "one" test out there? And can experimental questions be mixed into the sections? (I bombed my first LG section which I hoped was experimental since my second LG had the fencing game, but others didn't have the fencing game at all so I'm... confused)

• 23 karma

@"jess.pahrry" said:
    I'm confused- just finished the test and came on to see which section of my LG was the "real" one-- but also found out I had a different passage in RC than some others with only one section had? So is there not "one" test out there? And can experimental questions be mixed into the sections? (I bombed my first LG section which I hoped was experimental since my second LG had the fencing game, but others didn't have the fencing game at all so I'm... confused)

This isn't helpful, but for what it's worth, I'm in the exact same position wondering the same thing. I had two LGs and definitely bombed one, and have been hoping that it was experimental. But some people didn't have the game I know I messed up on, and others had only one LG section that did have that game... Likewise, I only had one RC section and it was different from what other people are saying is their only RC section. Hoping someone can provide insight!

• edited August 2021 239 karma

There are lots of test forms in use. It’s not surprising. The same thing happened with weekend-to-Monday test-takers.

• ASar2021ASar2021 Live Member
    63 karma

I took the test this morning and I had LR LG LR and RC. I thought the first LR section was standard, the games were pretty straightforward too (I had a game on fencing matches, movies (can't remember the two others). The second LR section seemed difficult to me hoping that's the experimental one. I don't recall a monkey tokens question on either section but I did have the Norway/Sweden perishable goods question on the second LR section. RC was Nigerian languages, Ansel Adams photography, prosecutorial misconduct and, a quantum physics comparative passage. Both the second LR and RC seemed difficult to me.

• I had the Norway Sweden question and I only had 1 LR…

• ssk2201ssk2201 Member
    8 karma

Hello just trying to figure out which LR I had was experimental :P
    Some people mentioned that there wasn't a monkey token question but then people who took the test on other days said that there were.. & people are also mentioning a Norway/Sweden question but I don't remember seeing that question >< Probably because there is more than test form in use as people have pointed for RC/LG

But can anyone who just had one LR section tell me if they recognize questions about roast chicken vs. fresh chicken, monkey tokens, and revolutionary political movements?

• george.kinghockeygeorge.kinghockey Free Trial Member
    11 karma

@ASar2021 said:
    I took the test this morning and I had LR LG LR and RC. I thought the first LR section was standard, the games were pretty straightforward too (I had a game on fencing matches, movies (can't remember the two others). The second LR section seemed difficult to me hoping that's the experimental one. I don't recall a monkey tokens question on either section but I did have the Norway/Sweden perishable goods question on the second LR section. RC was Nigerian languages, Ansel Adams photography, prosecutorial misconduct and, a quantum physics comparative passage. Both the second LR and RC seemed difficult to me.

Did your LG section ave fencing school, six movies, and political parties/candidates? Trying to figure out that one was real. I had an LR with Norway/Sweden perishable goods, Sisyphus, conspiracy theories, and one about ancient humans and whether or not they ate bird wings.

66 karma

@george.kinghockey that one seems to have been real from what I can see but not totally sure

• 23 karma

@tealeavesbreadloaves said:
    There are lots of test forms in use. It’s not surprising. The same thing happened with weekend-to-Monday test-takers.

Gotcha, thanks for the insight! I was under the impression people were comparing different forms of tests to see if they had sections in common, and if they did, that would indicate that the common section was the scored section. But if I'm understanding correctly, people are trying to find others who had the exact same test form as them and are just speculating which section was the experimental? Thanks!

• CasandraCasandra Member
    40 karma

@Rhizomes said:
    LG-RC-LR-RC was the order for my exam today. Felt a lot better about the second RC than the first, but looking at comments it seems that my first RC was the second RC section for a lot of people.

LG felt like a cakewalk after all the prep I've been doing, and LR I felt alright about.

I had the same order and felt the same way and I too felt better about the second RC so I was hoping the first one was experimental.

• camicam12camicam12 Core Member
    17 karma

I had LR-LG-RC-LG, the first LG was very hard and I think I had some trouble recovering from it 🥲 c’est la vie see you in October

• IRLIASIPIRLIASIP Member
    42 karma

@ssk2201 said:
    But can anyone who just had one LR section tell me if they recognize questions about roast chicken vs. fresh chicken, monkey tokens, and revolutionary political movements?

I only had one LR and had these. There were also questions on star clusters, roofing materials, and the speed limit during inclement weather

• 117 karma

Much like the above commenter I had LR-LG-RC-LG. I bombed the first LG but it seems that was experimental. Thank god. Third and fourth games killed me. The second one had a third game with romance and thriller movies, fourth game was fencing pairs. Felt way better about that set.

LR had swedish import shop, dark feathered bird, greek mythology dialogue question.

RC was symbiosis, privatization, nigerian literature and one other I'm not recalling. There seems to be another RC section floating around with a nigerian language passage and another on physics. Some are confusing the two.

• autumn.ames23autumn.ames23 Member
    251 karma

@cassettecounty said:
    Much like the above commenter I had LR-LG-RC-LG. I bombed the first LG but it seems that was experimental. Thank god. Third and fourth games killed me. The second one had a third game with romance and thriller movies, fourth game was fencing pairs. Felt way better about that set.

LR had swedish import shop, dark feathered bird, greek mythology dialogue question.

RC was symbiosis, privatization, nigerian literature and one other I'm not recalling. There seems to be another RC section floating around with a nigerian language passage and another on physics. Some are confusing the two.

I had the same LR section. How you think it was difficulty wise? I legit cant even remember how I think I did on it lol

• a.andersona.anderson Core Member
    50 karma

I was PRAYING it wouldn't happen, but the LSAT gods bestowed upon me two LG sections.

LG-RC-LR-LG

(First LG included movies and the theatres they're played at in a festival; second LG included movies and their genres in a movie night. It could have been books? I can't remember which--I do remember genres.)

I am really hoping the second LG section was experimental, because I had quite a bit of trouble with that one. I breezed through the first and feel so much more confident with that set.

LR seemed straightforward, RC had some DENSE language I had to parse through. I had much less leftover time at the end than I am used to.

Wishing you all happy testing! (And anyone who feels like they know which LG section was experimental, pls save ya girl some time agonizing wondering which one it was.)

• 141 karma

I just lost power and internet right as I was waiting for my proctor. Called LSAC and filed a formal complaint..

Has anyone had a similar experience? What happened?

11 karma

@"a.anderson" said:
    I was PRAYING it wouldn't happen, but the LSAT gods bestowed upon me two LG sections.

LG-RC-LR-LG

(First LG included movies and the theatres they're played at in a festival; second LG included movies and their genres in a movie night. It could have been books? I can't remember which--I do remember genres.)

I am really hoping the second LG section was experimental, because I had quite a bit of trouble with that one. I breezed through the first and feel so much more confident with that set.

LR seemed straightforward, RC had some DENSE language I had to parse through. I had much less leftover time at the end than I am used to.

Wishing you all happy testing! (And anyone who feels like they know which LG section was experimental, pls save ya girl some time agonizing wondering which one it was.)

It seems like the one that had fencing students and political parties/candidates was real. This seems like it was the easier of the two for most people.

50 karma

@"george.kinghockey" said:

@"a.anderson" said:

LG-RC-LR-LG

It seems like the one that had fencing students and political parties/candidates was real. This seems like it was the easier of the two for most people.

So I've been reading through a few of the comments and if what you're saying is true, that would be AMAZING, because I do remember the political parties / candidates being an easier game in my first LG section.

But I am also seeing that some people had a brutal "security guard" question which I don't remember at all. If political parties / candidates is real, I'm stoked because I clearly remember that section being much, much easier.

• vgillia1vgillia1 Member
    88 karma

@a.anderson I think we had the same version. I also breezed through the first LG, but the second one seemed to trip me up which never happens, so I’m hoping that was experimental too. For your second one was it fencing, political sides, movie genres & one other im blanking on? I for some reason took so long on the movie genres I ended up having to guess on a couple :(

50 karma

I'm seeing a lot of people wondering which of their RC sections were real and these were the RC questions I got (I only had one RC section):

1. Nigerian novel
    2. Cacao virus
    3. EMF litigation
    4. Privatization
    11 karma

@"a.anderson" said:

@"george.kinghockey" said:

@"a.anderson" said:

LG-RC-LR-LG

So I've been reading through a few of the comments and if what you're saying is true, that would be AMAZING, because I do remember the political parties / candidates being an easier game in my first LG section.

But I am also seeing that some people had a brutal "security guard" question which I don't remember at all. If political parties / candidates is real, I'm stoked because I clearly remember that section being much, much easier.

Yea I'm hoping so too. Dave and Jon from Powerscore will probably know all of the real sections and announce them with curve predictions in their next podcast.

• Matthew19941Matthew19941 Core Member
    102 karma

I had LG-RC-LR -LG. I'm not aiming for a super high score so I'm hoping I at least got enough right to get a 155 and up.

The first LG section was brutal. I had to guess on that super hard third game. If that's the experimental section than I have a chance to get the score I want. The last LG section I had was the one with fencing. I did well on the first two games on that one and had to somewhat guess on the last two.

LR wasn't too bad. I ran out of time for three questions and had to guess. I remember the monkeys getting tokens and another question being about revealing a witness's name.

RC wasn't too bad either but I got disconnected on the last passage for a few minutes with about six minutes left. Once I was reconnected I had to re-read the passage all over again which killed me with time and made me answer the last few questions pretty fast. Hopefully that didn't do too much damage to me. I remember the passages were about nigeria, EMF's, and plants.

• jpark.j23jpark.j23 Member
    16 karma

Is it possible that there are two real Logic Games sections? One from Saturday/Sunday test takers seems like it was about boutiques. The other from Monday/Tuesday seems to be about political speakers and fencing (or is it the other one??)

• LawSchool8LawSchool8 Member
    edited August 2021 192 karma

Deleted.

• mmhf2019mmhf2019 Core Member
    24 karma

Had LG-RC-LR-LG for mine. I'm guessing the first was the experimental with the really difficult third game (Friday/ Saturday with V&W screenings?). Things Fall Apart, Privatization for RC. Monkeys and Tokens for LR. Fencing for last LG.

Unfortunately got tripped up on the fencing game. Anyone know any game from a past PT similar to it?

• Cazbell1Cazbell1 Member
    edited August 2021 16 karma

Had RC-LR-LR-LG
    RC was a config people have mentioned a lot, with photography, nigerian national language, prosecutorial misconduct/sentence reduction, and the Quantum physics one. (So if you had this one with another RC, this is definitely the real one)

LR 1 and 2 are a bit of blur since those are my weak sections. Definitely had monkeys with fruit tokens in one and things about roofing tiles and star clusters but uncertain if that was with monkeys or not.

LG Political Parties, Fencing Academy, Movie theater etc. Definitely seems like the crazy security guard one people were concerned about is experimental, since I've seen people mention having it as a second section and the LG section I had as their first.(And any other section paired with this LG would be experimental as well I guess)

• jpark.j23jpark.j23 Member
    16 karma

@ElizabethSD93 said:
    Tuesday tester. I had RC - LR - LR - LG.

RC -- nigerian languages, ansel adams aperture, reduced sentences & prosecutorial misconduct, quantaum physicics comparative. The last passage was tricky given how abstract the concepts where, but the questions themselves were a bit easier from a POE perspective.

LR 1 -- group memberships & political influence; rigged election; using paper materials vs. digital materials & reducing global pollution. Thought certain questions were tricky & came down to 2 ACs, but not too brutal overall.

LR 2 -- First ~10 questions had more assumption family questions than I expected for so early in the section. Roast chicken vs. fresh chicken; copyright protections; monkey tokens (this one got me); revolutionary political movements

Do you remember which games were on the one you had?

• buiztolawbuiztolaw Core Member
    edited August 2021 38 karma

@mariaye0604 said:

I had LG-RC-LR-LG. I'm really hoping that the first LG was the experimental section because I only managed to answer like 10 of the questions and I usually get -2 on LG haha. The second LG was pretty similar to all the other PTs that I did. I'm thinking I'll get at most 2 wrongs just like you. Overall, the test was ok. Not significantly harder or easier than any other PTs.

50 karma

@ssk2201 said:
    Hello just trying to figure out which LR I had was experimental :P
    Some people mentioned that there wasn't a monkey token question but then people who took the test on other days said that there were.. & people are also mentioning a Norway/Sweden question but I don't remember seeing that question >< Probably because there is more than test form in use as people have pointed for RC/LG

I only had one LR section and I recognize all three of those questions!

• vgillia1vgillia1 Member
    88 karma

Anyone that had fencing, political parties, & movie genres for the LG, what was the 4th game again?

50 karma

@vgillia1 said:
    @a.anderson I think we had the same version. I also breezed through the first LG, but the second one seemed to trip me up which never happens, so I’m hoping that was experimental too. For your second one was it fencing, political sides, movie genres & one other im blanking on? I for some reason took so long on the movie genres I ended up having to guess on a couple :(

Yes!! Those were the exact games on my second section. I am also totally blanking on the last game I had almost no time left for it and could pretty much only set up my board and a couple inferences before guessing my way through it. 😂

It feels nice to know someone else is in the same boat as I am hoping the first section was real. 🥲

• 117 karma

@"autumn.ames23" said:

@cassettecounty said:

I had the same LR section. How you think it was difficulty wise? I legit cant even remember how I think I did on it lol

I always have a hard time diagnosing the difficulty of LR after the fact. I'd say it felt medium difficulty?? not insane but certainly not easier than normal. Same for my RC section.

• em_c_em1em_c_em1 Core Member
    edited August 2021 19 karma

My exam was: LG, RC, LR, LG.

LG1: I got murked by this section, legit do not remember the topics. usually strong in games.

RC: African novelist, power lines/liability, privatization, endophytes on leaves.

LR: Standard/no surprises. Nothing stands out although after reading through this forum I definitely remember monkeys/coins.

LG2: Not too hard; I remember fencing, movie genres, & political parties, not much else. I am also concerned I may be conflating the two LG sections now.

• hl782hl782 Member
    edited August 2021 30 karma

7 Interruptions from ProctorU saying that my video was disconnected even though the video was constantly on (why the f would it turn off by itself when my wifi is fine & I'm trying to take a test)? Lost all groove. Especially angry since I had 2 LG sections, which I felt were each doable. Was interrupted on ALL sections, ProctorU failed to pause my exam on about half of those and precious time kept on ticking. Hours of studying gone to waste.

Beyond pissed and I'll be taking the exam in paper next time. Filed in a complaint to the LSAT and if the complaint isn't satisfied, I will cancel.

Good grief. I hope everyone else had it better than I did.

For those it may help

LG1 - VW Movies was the only notable (and hard one) here.
    RC - Nigerian Novel, EMF & 2 ways of viewing cases, Privatization, Fungi
    LR - Honestly a blur. There was a question about not inspecting cluster of stars for life.
    LG2 - Politicians, Movies in Months, Fencing, etc.

• LawSchool8LawSchool8 Member
    192 karma

Does anyone know when Powerscore will release their predictions on this test?

• afazzingoafazzingo Member
    42 karma

I had LG-LR-RC-LR

Definitely will need to take the October 2021 exam, as I ran out of time on LG.

Slowly dying on the inside because I know I could’ve done so much better if I just calmed the fuck down about the time!!!! Anyway, anyone looking for a study/accountability partner for the October LSAT!?