Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to break out of Pting in the 155's

domm2222domm2222 Member
in General 72 karma

Hi, I started at a 142 and am currently PTing between 155-157. Any advice on how to break out of this? My goal is a 165 by October.

I need to definitely work on logic games timing, but any overall tips would be helpful. Or any books/course/tutors!

LSAT Trainer effectiveness
  1. Did LSAT Trainer boost your score?22 votes
    1. YES
      40.91%
    2. NO
      59.09%

Comments

• shaybaebeeshaybaebee Member
    185 karma

Dm me, I can try to help you out

• afazzingoafazzingo Member
    42 karma

same here!!!

• lizzogonzolizzogonzo Member
    628 karma

How many are you missing on LG? Getting to -1/-0 is one of the most surefire ways of breaking into the low 160s. For me, 7sage fool proof method was the best way. The thing I love about LG is that it's the easiest to improve on (relatively to LR and RC). It takes a lot of practice, but once you get the hang of it doing LG becomes second nature.

I read the Trainer but focused only on LR, I loved it. For me to really absorb the information however, I read slowly, only one chapter a day, and I did all the drills. It really helped build the right habits and skills to keep my LR score more consistent. I fell for a lot less trap choices too and improved my accuracy even on curve breakers. The LR chapters are about 20-ish I think? If you do 1 chapter a day and really learn from it, you can finish it in 2-3 weeks. After that you should be doing full PTs to gear you up for October.

Sounds like you've put in a lot of work, look at your score jump! Good luck. :)

• majilatmajilat Member
    99 karma

I only began scoring consistently in the mid 60's once I got a tutor so it might be worth investing in one. If you are not sure whether you want to make that commitment yet, perhaps seek out a study buddy who is scoring within your target range and walk them through one LG/LR/RC section (preferably timed but 36' or 37' is okay too!). They might be able to diagnose any strategy/timing/fundamental areas of improvement that you can later hone in on alone or with a tutor. Echoing @lizzogonzo, nailing LG is the easiest, best way to see a significant score increase. I did find the Trainer helpful for LG but I prefer 7sage due to the game type analysis feature that shows you exactly which game types you are struggling with.

• domm2222domm2222 Member
    72 karma

Thank you all for the advice! Will def work on fool proofing and reading the trainer!

• ledkarlyledkarly Member
    483 karma

I was in the same boat as you (I scored a PT of 157 at the end of July) , and trust me when I say READ THE LOOPHOLE IN LOGICAL REASONING. I was testing -11/-12 and now (most recently today, I tested -6 on LR and -4 on RC). It seriously helped so so much and I took a test today (took breaks in between sections) and BR a score of 167. Seriously read that book. and truly understand the concepts that she talks about. it not only helps in logical reasoning but RC too. Although this may be a fluke, I honestly do think I understand LR much much better. You have to find the loophole in the argument.

for logic games, a big problem of mine was understanding what set up to do. Khan Academy helped for that.

Hopefully this helps!