Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Asking my prof to resubmit LOR for the third time...

emmorensemmorens Core Member
edited August 2021 in Law School Admissions 1470 karma

Hey all! I have a really close relationship with both my professors who wrote me absolutely GLOWING letters of rec. Unfortunately I am on my third cycle of applications, I will likely be reaching out to my professors in September to ask if they can resubmit, wondering if anyone else has had to do this and how you went about it? They are really supportive so I'm sure it won't be an issue but for some reason I can't shake that feeling of embarrassment & am not sure how to word the email.

Would appreciate any advice!

Comments

• zoomzoomzoomzoom Member
    462 karma

I'm in that same boat but with former employers haha. I feel you with that sense of embarrassment.

The best advice I can give is this - just send a polite email explaining that you need his assistance again, thank him, hit send, smile, and just walk away :)

The key to shaking off embarrassment is realizing that nobody gives a shit about things that don't really affect them. They may spare you a thought or even check up, but once that is over, they'll just move on with life.

It's in moments like these where we realize nobody cares so you do what you need to do!

Plus, reusing recs are totally fine. I've been told that quality recs are difficult to get and admins realize that. So don't worry about reusing them because at the end of the day, the substance contained in them is what matters most.

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    1470 karma

@oychoi79 aw thanks for this, it really helped! I think you're definitely right. I'm gonna try to get the email out as soon as applications open and will maybe remind them that application numbers were up this year to make myself feel better lol. SO important to remember that it's much bigger in our heads than in theirs! Best of luck to you.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

I'm just reusing them and I sent emails to inform the people about it. They were fine with it.