Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retake attempt due to technical difficulties

hl782hl782 Alum Member

Hi guys - I had a nightmare experience with Proctor U and was just reached out by LSAC to potentially sign up for a retake of the August exam.

For anyone that has taken a retake, does this retake count as an additional attempt? For example, the August exam I took on the 16th was the 2nd time I’ve taken the exam. If I am to take a retake, would this count as my 3rd or will it still remain my 2nd attempt?

Thank you all for your help. Best of luck studying for everyone!

Comments

  • LittlefootLittlefoot Alum Member
    7 karma

    I am also retaking on the 26th. If you retake on the 26th, your Aug 16th exam is cancelled (but not visibly to Law Schools). Essentially, the 26th will be your only Aug exam. Below is part of the email I was sent about retesting:

    In the event that you do not wish to retest, you may instead select one of the options outlined below. Please confirm your preference, by completing the Retest Option Form. You may indicate whether you wish to:

    Retest on Thursday, August 26, 2021.

    Keep your August 2021 LSAT score.

    Cancel your August 2021 LSAT score and be registered for the next available LSAT administration. Please Note: If you have reached your test-taking limit, we will not be able to register you for an upcoming LSAT, per our Test Taking Limit (TTL) policy. More information can be found here: Limits on Repeating the Test.

  • cpeaks13cpeaks13 Monthly Member
    493 karma

    Do you know how long it takes to find out if you can retake? I had proctor issues filed a complaint via phone and online first thing monday morning. They told me the latest I would hear would be Weds morning and I still havnt heard anything. I keep calling but am getting nowhere with LSAC or proctoru. Its so frustrating not knowing what is going on. #help

  • nrandersonnranderson Alum Member
    13 karma

    In the same boat. Took me a few days to hear back.

  • thomasthelawenginethomasthelawengine Alum Member
    141 karma

    I'm on the same boat. My entire neighborhood lost electricity right before my test time on Tuesday so I reached out to LSAC by phone to file a formal complaint.

    The LSAC rep told me that the latest you'll hear about an August retest is tomorrow (Friday the 20th) and the deadline to sign up for retest options (as listed in an above comment) is next Monday (the 23rd).

  • edited August 2021 43 karma

    Same here, was already half way through the exam when my Proctor U extension crashed. Contacted LSAC and they offered to cancel my score and move me to October LSAT. Did not know they were offering a makeup exam on the 26th! If that was an option I would've taken it. Really don't want to be sending out applications in December and be behind the curve again.

  • BooheredBoohered Alum Member
    56 karma

    I had a lot of technical issues as well, though thankfully I don't have to retake. Anyone know why? Everyone I know who has taken the LSAT this month has had at least some issues.

  • thomasthelawenginethomasthelawengine Alum Member
    141 karma

    @Jiujitsujunkie said:
    Same here, was already half way through the exam when my Proctor U extension crashed. Contacted LSAC and they offered to cancel my score and move me to October LSAT. Did not know they were offering a makeup exam on the 26th! If that was an option I would've taken it. Really don't want to be sending out applications in December and be behind the curve again.

    I think I got the retake option because I never got to see the exam at all. If you saw half the questions they may re-use some of the questions from the test which LSAC may see as an unfair advantage potentially for time management I guess?

  • thomasthelawenginethomasthelawengine Alum Member
    141 karma

    @cpeaks13 said:
    Do you know how long it takes to find out if you can retake? I had proctor issues filed a complaint via phone and online first thing monday morning. They told me the latest I would hear would be Weds morning and I still havnt heard anything. I keep calling but am getting nowhere with LSAC or proctoru. Its so frustrating not knowing what is going on. #help

    I've already gotten the email to submit a retake option form. It arrived in my inbox last night.

  • kayonyekwerekayonyekwere Yearly Member
    55 karma

    How does that work with score preview ?

  • LittlefootLittlefoot Alum Member
    7 karma

    I submitted my complaint on the 17th at 1:30, received the retest email by the 18th at 12:30, less than 24 hours. I was also told the 20th was the deadline to let me know. Based on what I’ve read the 26th test will be completely different than any sections from the other days since they know people talk and people have put out their predictions about which sections are experimental. I took 2 sections before my issues with Proctor U. I can’t see any scenario where I will get the same sections or the ones people have been discussing all over.

  • 43 karma

    @Littlefoot said:
    I submitted my complaint on the 17th at 1:30, received the retest email by the 18th at 12:30, less than 24 hours. I was also told the 20th was the deadline to let me know. Based on what I’ve read the 26th test will be completely different than any sections from the other days since they know people talk and people have put out their predictions about which sections are experimental. I took 2 sections before my issues with Proctor U. I can’t see any scenario where I will get the same sections or the ones people have been discussing all over.

    I notified them and they told me I could not retake the test because I was already exposed to the exam.

  • David1234David1234 Alum Member
    61 karma

    @Jiujitsujunkie said:

    @Littlefoot said:
    I submitted my complaint on the 17th at 1:30, received the retest email by the 18th at 12:30, less than 24 hours. I was also told the 20th was the deadline to let me know. Based on what I’ve read the 26th test will be completely different than any sections from the other days since they know people talk and people have put out their predictions about which sections are experimental. I took 2 sections before my issues with Proctor U. I can’t see any scenario where I will get the same sections or the ones people have been discussing all over.

    I notified them and they told me I could not retake the test because I was already exposed to the exam.

    That is completely unfair. I'm so sorry!

  • JohnathanJohnathan Monthly Member
    edited August 2021 82 karma

    @hl782 said:
    Hi guys - I had a nightmare experience with Proctor U and was just reached out by LSAC to potentially sign up for a retake of the August exam.

    For anyone that has taken a retake, does this retake count as an additional attempt? For example, the August exam I took on the 16th was the 2nd time I’ve taken the exam. If I am to take a retake, would this count as my 3rd or will it still remain my 2nd attempt?

    Thank you all for your help. Best of luck studying for everyone!

    FROM LSAC - HOPE THIS HELPS!

    Thank you for contacting LSAC.
    Only the August LSAT retest will count toward your Test Taking Limit, not the cancelled exam.
    Test Taking Limit (TTL): Any tests taken prior to September 2019 will not be counted towards the test taking limit. Additionally, the summer LSAT-Flex administrations (May, June, July, and August) will not count towards the LSAT testing limits. Score cancellations will counts towards the test taking limit, as the candidate was exposed to the LSAT. Moving forward, you are permitted to take the LSAT:
    • Three times in a single testing year (the next testing cycle beings August 2021).
    • Five times within the current and five past testing years (the period in which LSAC reports scores to law schools).
    • A total of seven times over a lifetime.
    I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions.
    Kind regards,
    Christine

    Customer Relationship Representative
    lsacinfo@lsac.org

    Law School Admission Council
    622 Penn St., Newtown, PA 18940
    P: 215.968.1001
    LSAC.ORG

    @hl782

  • hl782hl782 Alum Member
    30 karma

    Did anyone get an email from ProctorU on rescheduling your exam? I filled out the form sent by LSAC but nothing so far.

  • thomasthelawenginethomasthelawengine Alum Member
    141 karma

    @hl782 said:
    Did anyone get an email from ProctorU on rescheduling your exam? I filled out the form sent by LSAC but nothing so far.

    Go check ProctorU - never got an email but was able to sign up.

  • JohnathanJohnathan Monthly Member
    82 karma

    @hoonkaorukim said:

    @hl782 said:
    Did anyone get an email from ProctorU on rescheduling your exam? I filled out the form sent by LSAC but nothing so far.

    Go check ProctorU - never got an email but was able to sign up.

    @hl782 - THIS ⬆️

Sign In or Register to comment.