Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

October vs. November LSAT?

Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
edited August 2021 in Law School Admissions 1417 karma

Is November LSAT too late for Fall 2022 admissions since scores are probably released in late November-December?

I would like to have 3-8 points score increase compared to my June Flex.

Should I take October, November, or both?

Context: I have already taken the LSAT three times with 2 tests taken back in 2018. Thank you for the help.

LSAT administration
  1. Which administration?62 votes
    1. October LSAT
      25.81%
    2. November LSAT
      35.48%
    3. Both: October and November
      38.71%

Comments

• JMPlaw19JMPlaw19 Member
    edited August 2021 144 karma

November scores are usually released before thanksgiving, also amount of times you've taken the LSAT wont affect anything beyond there being a 5 total limit per 5 years

• lizzogonzolizzogonzo Member
    628 karma

Relatively, yes taking November is already on the late side. I don't see how you'll have time to work on your apps if you're studying for Nov without being stressed over applying on time (typical benchmark is before Thanksgiving). At that rate you might be applying in Dec/Jan. It also depends on where you're scoring. A +3 in the 150s vs. a +3 in the 160+ range is going to have different time commitments and rigor. You should take the exam at the time when you're 100% confident that you can hit your goal score.

• 15 karma

I really think it has to do with the schools you're applying to. Make sure to look at their specific application deadlines. If the schools don't have strict deadlines that prohibit you from taking a November test, then you should be fine. The law school I am applying to says that even the February LSAT is okay, just as long as you put that you're taking the test in February on your application.

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Thanks all for the help.

• Future_EsqFuture_Esq Member
    66 karma

Hello. I am in the same decision making process as you plus I have 2 tests on file already (June 2018 and June 2021). I am registered for the October test and am trying to decide before Wednesday (the cancellation deadline) whether or not I want to wait until November. Some advice I heard from someone knowledgable on law school admissions said that if you're waiting to take in November and will likely get a higher score then that is far better than taking in October and getting a lower score just so you can apply "earlier." He also said when you apply has become less important over the years (within reason of course lol). He also said applying in December is no longer considered to be late. I remember when I applied for the Fall 2019 cycle I sent my app for my dream school in January and was accepted so you can still have favorable results. I would just recommend having your materials ready to send off as soon as you get your score back or depending on the schools you apply to you could submit your app since you already have score on file and then ask them to wait to review your app until your new score comes in (some schools automatically do this while some you have to request it).

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Thanks again everyone for your time and help. Yes, keep on going for a higher LSAT score as a higher score is a win!! Good luck all :)