Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(read before they take it down) DO NOT waste your money on 7sage.

Comments

• LSAT KillerLSAT Killer Member
    120 karma

@"noone..." said:
    Cringe troll post. There are more productive ways to use your time fyi

How about you worry about your time and let the rest of us spend it how we see fit.

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Alum Member
    2249 karma

Please just stop commenting (notifications are exploding) and this post will fade away to obscurity.

• 571 karma

@"LSAT Killer" said:
    7sage is ripping us off. If you want to kill the LSAT, all you need is practice. Nothing will save your rear-end other than practice. When you pay the big bucks for 7sage and start watching their videos, you are losing very valuable practice opportunity – the chance to dig deep and truly figure out what went wrong on your own. There is a huge different between someone explaining the question to you and you figuring it out on your own. 7sage will not write your exam, you will.

Trust me, cancel your subscription now and relay on yourself. You will see a huge improvement. Don't give up and handout your money to 7sage, so they can do the work for you. You have to do it, because you will be on your own during the exam.

This is how I killed the LSAT. DO NOT SEEK HELP FROM ANYONE. Doesn't matter how long it will take, figure it out on your own.

Good Luck All.

As someone who made a 16 point improvement (so far) almost exclusively using their resources, I would say this post is wrong if we were speaking about everyone. Maybe you meant for this to be some logical reasoning problem for us to solve? If you said some people might not benefit, therefore those people shouldn't buy 7Sage, you may have an argument. However, I -- acting as a MBF example -- contradict what you say directly. Have a great day!

• jayssn98jayssn98 Member
    34 karma

is this a flaw/descriptive weakening question

120 karma

@jayssn98 said:
    is this a flaw/descriptive weakening question

No, this is you getting ripped off without even realizing it.

120 karma

@DontPay4LawSchool said:

@"LSAT Killer" said:
    7sage is ripping us off. If you want to kill the LSAT, all you need is practice. Nothing will save your rear-end other than practice. When you pay the big bucks for 7sage and start watching their videos, you are losing very valuable practice opportunity – the chance to dig deep and truly figure out what went wrong on your own. There is a huge different between someone explaining the question to you and you figuring it out on your own. 7sage will not write your exam, you will.

Trust me, cancel your subscription now and relay on yourself. You will see a huge improvement. Don't give up and handout your money to 7sage, so they can do the work for you. You have to do it, because you will be on your own during the exam.

This is how I killed the LSAT. DO NOT SEEK HELP FROM ANYONE. Doesn't matter how long it will take, figure it out on your own.

Good Luck All.

As someone who made a 16 point improvement (so far) almost exclusively using their resources, I would say this post is wrong if we were speaking about everyone. Maybe you meant for this to be some logical reasoning problem for us to solve? If you said some people might not benefit, therefore those people shouldn't buy 7Sage, you may have an argument. However, I -- acting as a MBF example -- contradict what you say directly. Have a great day!

Have you made those improvements on your real LSAT ?

120 karma

@Ashley2018 said:
    Please just stop commenting (notifications are exploding) and this post will fade away to obscurity.

@Ashley2018 said:

Who the hell put you in charge of telling people what to do ?

edited August 2021 2249 karma

@"LSAT Killer" said:

@Ashley2018 said:

@Ashley2018 said:

Go away, Karen.

120 karma

@Ashley2018 said:

@"LSAT Killer" said:

@Ashley2018 said:

@Ashley2018 said:

Go away, Karen.

Last time I checked, Karens had a high tendency to tell people what to do. Plus if you don’t like the post, you can mute it.

• Legallyblack-2Legallyblack-2 Alum Member
    245 karma

So if you don't like 7 sage why are you on here talking bad about the company on their website as well as having a subscription and claiming that you killed the lsat? Make it make sense?

120 karma

@"Legallyblack-2" said:
    So if you don't like 7 sage why are you on here talking bad about the company on their website as well as having a subscription and claiming that you killed the lsat? Make it make sense?

I don’t have a subscription – you don’t need one for discussion – and I did kill the test. I am sorry that it doesn’t make sense to you.

120 karma

@"LSAT Killer" said:

@"Legallyblack-2" said:

I don’t have a subscription – you don’t need one for discussion – and I did kill the test. I am sorry that it doesn’t make sense to you.

If you don’t believe me, pick a PT and come proctor me.

• hello worldhello world Member
    14 karma

Not me coming on here innocently to be productive and seeing this 7sage beef/drama 😭

• edited August 2021 571 karma

@"LSAT Killer" said:

@DontPay4LawSchool said:

@"LSAT Killer" said:

Good Luck All.

Likely, which is based on how I feel I performed on the test, but we will see.

Let's be real here, though. You realize that you do not HAVE TO watch the explanation videos. You can both rely on your own intuition and work ethic while taking advantage of the test bank/problem sets/analytics, which is what I primarily use 7Sage for now. Also, painting this broad brush on what is appropriate for all people neglects that people learn differently from you and each other. This argument seems full of logical assumptions, which makes me doubt that you killed the LSAT. Either way, no tough feelings but please steer away from these type of ultimatums.

120 karma

@"hello world" said:
    Not me coming on here innocently to be productive and seeing this 7sage beef/drama 😭

See, more reasons to unsubscribe. 7Sage sucks. It sucks. It sucks. It sucks.

• LegallyBrunette21LegallyBrunette21 Yearly Member
    edited August 2021 500 karma

I am really happy that you did well on the LSAT, but your claims are very general. Research shows that everyone learns differently. So some may benefit from this resource and others like yourself may not. I also do not understand how you can fairly evaluate this resource if you have never used it.

edited August 2021 2249 karma

@"LSAT Killer" said:

@Ashley2018 said:

@"LSAT Killer" said:

@Ashley2018 said:

@Ashley2018 said:

Go away, Karen.

Last time I checked, Karens had a high tendency to tell people what to do. Plus if you don’t like the post, you can mute it.

Karens spend a lot of time complaining. Sounds familiar?

edited August 2021 120 karma

@LegallyBrunette21 said:
    I am really happy that you did well on the LSAT, but your claims are very general. Research shows that everyone learns differently. So some may benefit from this resource and others like yourself may not. I also do not understand how you can fairly evaluate this resource if you have never used it.

Most people who use it can’t answer killer games/passages/LR questions, because they missed out on the opportunity to self identify their mistakes and self overcome exam obstacles. Your brain’s neural networks will not look the same if you simply watch a video explanation the minute you encounter a strange question. 7Sage’s explanation videos doesn’t allow for your brain to develop the necessary neural networks it needs, should you face a tough question on the real test(and trust me there will be a few of those on the real test)

120 karma

@DontPay4LawSchool said:

@"LSAT Killer" said:

@DontPay4LawSchool said:

@"LSAT Killer" said:

Good Luck All.

Let's be real here, though. You realize that you do not HAVE TO watch the explanation videos. You can both rely on your own intuition and work ethic while taking advantage of the test bank/problem sets/analytics, which is what I primarily use 7Sage for now. Also, painting this broad brush on what is appropriate for all people neglects that people learn differently from you and each other. This argument seems full of logical assumptions, which makes me doubt that you killed the LSAT. Either way, no tough feelings but please steer away from these type of ultimatums.

You know that you can do everything you just described without a monthly subscription?

120 karma

@Ashley2018 said:

@"LSAT Killer" said:

@Ashley2018 said:

@"LSAT Killer" said:

@Ashley2018 said:

@Ashley2018 said:

Go away, Karen.

Karens spend a lot of time complaining. Sounds familiar?

Oh it sounds very familiar actually. Reminders me of someone you might know.

120 karma

@DontPay4LawSchool said:

@"LSAT Killer" said:

@DontPay4LawSchool said:

@"LSAT Killer" said:

Good Luck All.

Again, if you have any doubts about my ability to kill the LSAT. Pick a PT and come proctor me.
    But if I got a 180, you have to unsubscribe from 7Sage for life.

• @"LSAT Killer" said:

@"noone..." said:
    Cringe troll post. There are more productive ways to use your time fyi

How about you worry about your time and let the rest of us spend it how we see fit.

Irony!

• edited August 2021 114 karma

@Ashley2018 said:

turn them off for this thread

• orianariquezesorianariquezes Core Member
    66 karma

Went from a 143 diagnostic to a 155 June 2021 lsat. I say its working. What I regret wasting my money on is Princeton review. 7sage has been amazing

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

I'm not here to knock your opinion. But what kind of response did you honestly think you were gonna get on a message forum that tends to be frequented by people who find 7sage helpful?

edited August 2021 120 karma

@orianariquezes said:
    Went from a 143 diagnostic to a 155 June 2021 lsat. I say its working. What I regret wasting my money on is Princeton review. 7sage has been amazing

I am afraid you wasted your money on both. If you focus on practice and independently figure out the reasoning behind all questions, your 155 will turn into 175+. But you have a choice to make when you hit a wall:
    1) do I run to 7sage
    2) do I believe in myself and figure it out on my own.

Believe me, choice 1 won’t get you far

120 karma

@tahurrrrr said:
    I'm not here to knock your opinion. But what kind of response did you honestly think you were gonna get on a message forum that tends to be frequented by people who find 7sage helpful?

@tahurrrrr said:

@tahurrrrr said:

Look, at the end of they day you get to believe and do what you want. I don’t care about your response. This post is a wake up call for all LSAT takers who fall victims for LSAT prep companies who are more interested in increasing their revenue than increasing your score.

I am telling you there is a more effective and free way to increase your score. You can listen to me or ignore everything I said.

@"LSAT Killer" said:
    Look, at the end of they day you get to believe and do what you want. I don’t care about your response. This post is a wake up call for all LSAT takers who fall victims for LSAT prep companies who are more interested in increasing their revenue than increasing your score.

I am telling you there is a more effective and free way to increase your score. You can listen to me or ignore everything I said.

I agree with some of what you are saying but not about prep courses in general. I think it's true that most top scorers eventually move beyond explanations, but most people are better off in the beginner and intermediate stages having specific curricula/reliable sources of information to build the foundation of knowledge and skill they need to get to the 99th percentile. As a result, I think courses like 7sage make most students' journey up the scale more efficient not less. And believe it or not, not everyone has the ability to "figure everything out" on their own. I'm a 99th percentile scorer (174 in June, and multiple 180s on PTs) who frequently learns things I didn't know from JY's videos and the discussion on 7sage. This is to say nothing of the tools 7sage provides to identify and isolate areas where I need work, practice individual questions, take timed sections, etc. Sure, I could do much of this on my own but it would be far less efficient.

120 karma

@"Riddled Basins of Attention" said:

@"LSAT Killer" said:

I agree with some of what you are saying but not about prep courses in general. I think it's true that most top scorers eventually move beyond explanations, but most people are better off in the beginner and intermediate stages having specific curricula/reliable sources of information to build the foundation of knowledge and skill they need to get to the 99th percentile. As a result, I think courses like 7sage make most students' journey up the scale more efficient not less. And believe it or not, not everyone has the ability to "figure everything out" on their own. I'm a 99th percentile scorer (174 in June, and multiple 180s on PTs) who frequently learns things I didn't know from JY's videos and the discussion on 7sage. This is to say nothing of the tools 7sage provides to identify and isolate areas where I need work, practice individual questions, take timed sections, etc. Sure, I could do much of this on my own but it would be far less efficient.

All the basics that you need are made freely available on LSAC website. Relaying on explanations during the early stages of preparation is very detrimental. You need to let your brain develop the neural networks it needs to overcome tests obstacles independently.

@"LSAT Killer" said:
    All the basics that you need are made freely available on LSAC website. Relaying on explanations during the early stages of preparation is very detrimental. You need to let your brain develop the neural networks it needs to overcome tests obstacles independently.

I don't agree that LSAC's free materials are sufficient for most people to reach their best score, especially in a section like LG where that material is notoriously incomplete and poorly constructed. But even if they were, it wouldn't mean that commercial prep doesn't offer a ton of value in other ways. There is a lot more to 7sage than explanation videos.

But, I can get behind your larger point that students would be better off locking themselves in a room with nothing but preptests and going through them over and over than they are being spoonfed solutions and otherwise not engaging directly with the exam. This is exactly why JY recommends taking 40 PTs and then conducting a rigorous blind review of every question, and then further reviewing those questions you miss in BR, or struggle with.

• The WeakndThe Weaknd Alum Member
    28 karma

Sufficient assumption: everyone learns the exact same way.

120 karma

@"The Weaknd" said:

@"LSAT Killer" said:

I don't agree that LSAC's free materials are sufficient for most people to reach their best score, especially in a section like LG where that material is notoriously incomplete and poorly constructed. But even if they were, it wouldn't mean that commercial prep doesn't offer a ton of value in other ways. There is a lot more to 7sage than explanation videos.

But, I can get behind your larger point that students would be better off locking themselves in a room with nothing but preptests and going through them over and over than they are being spoonfed solutions and otherwise not engaging directly with the exam. This is exactly why JY recommends taking 40 PTs and then conducting a rigorous blind review of every question, and then further reviewing those questions you miss in BR, or struggle with.

@"LSAT Killer" said:

I didn’t want to spell it out, but here it goes. Khan has everything you need. Period. I think locking yourself in with nothing but you and your PTs is the best way to improve your score.

120 karma

@"The Weaknd" said:

Except everything you need to answer the question is given to you on the test. So I don’t know what exactly are you learning?

This is a skill my friend and everyone improve their skills the same way. Practice.

If you think there is a set of knowledge that you can learn and kill the LSAT, think again. This is a skill.

• eschul8eschul8 Member
    14 karma

lmao I got above a 170 just from 7sage. Without them, I would probably be going to Cooley.

245 karma

@"LSAT Killer" said:

@"Legallyblack-2" said:

This doesn't make sense. You literally don't have an subscription but you saying that 7 sage is a waste of money when you haven't fully experienced the full version of 7 sage. What you are saying is flawed. Please don't speak for the rest of us because different people have different learning styles.

245 karma

@eschul8 said:
    lmao I got above a 170 just from 7sage. Without them, I would probably be going to Cooley.

Lmao I had a professor who tried to convince me to go there im like nope! I visited their school once in Tampa and all I have to say is no comment.

120 karma

@eschul8 said:

Congratulations. I wonder if they can also help you win your trials or think for you when you encounter a case with no precedent whatsoever.

120 karma

@"Legallyblack-2" said:

@"LSAT Killer" said:

@"Legallyblack-2" said:

This doesn't make sense. You literally don't have an subscription but you saying that 7 sage is a waste of money when you haven't fully experienced the full version of 7 sage. What you are saying is flawed. Please don't speak for the rest of us because different people have different learning styles.

Who the hell spoke for anyone ??? Relax.

• cam.plummer5cam.plummer5 Member
    edited August 2021 28 karma

b

• lizzogonzolizzogonzo Member
    628 karma

It's been hours and you're still at it omg. Do you plan on doing this on the Powerscore forum too? I want to see you tell them how much they suck as well.

And falsely equating using resources on the lsat to practicing as an attorney is a classic LR flaw. Maybe you're just helping everyone practice for the Oct exam?

245 karma

@"LSAT Killer" said:

@"Legallyblack-2" said:

@"LSAT Killer" said:

@"Legallyblack-2" said:

You did obviously by telling people not to subscribe due to your experience with 7 sage. However you didn't fully experience 7 sage due to not having a subscription. And I'm chill I'm just pointing out the obvious. If you want to rant go on reddit LSAT. That site is full of negativity lol.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    edited August 2021 27860 karma

Just chipping in my part for the record:

I studied on my own without asking for help for about 6 months before coming to 7Sage. I worked my way up to the low 160’s and then plateaued. Once I got to 160 plateau, I continued working hard. In fact, I actually began working far harder. I put everything I had into it. And still, I could not find a way forward into higher test scores.

So I started with 7Sage. At that point, my scores began breaking higher again. I slowly starting building my PT average up to 175. Scored 170 on test day, then retook for my 176. I always tried figuring things out without additional resources or explanation from others, but there were whole aspects of the LSAT I simply didn’t know existed. 7Sage brought them to my attention, and I became increasingly more able to work out things on my own. Then, on my final PT before my 176, there was one question I spent three hours on and simply couldn’t solve; I did everything I knew to do, and I simply didn’t have the insight to solve it. So I went to JY who asked me, “What does ‘dissolve’ mean?” That seems like a pretty dumb question for someone to have to ask you, but it unlocked the problem for me. Far more than allowing me to solve that specific question, though, it identified an issue the test writers employ to create a point of confusion. Since I identified that issue, with JY’s help, I’ve seen it again and have been able to crack the questions that use it.

This is how learning works. You turn something you don’t know into something you do, and you recognize opportunity to utilize that new knowledge in future applications. 7Sage is a tool that assists in that endeavor.

7Sage changed my life. It won’t do the same for everyone. The LSAT requires hard work and 7Sage can’t do that work for anyone. A hammer can’t build a house for the carpenter, and 7Sage can’t master the LSAT for the student. It isn’t meant to, because that isn’t how tools work.

• ColeParkerColeParker Member
    14 karma

lmao "relay"

• MissionLsatMissionLsat Member
    379 karma

Honestly, as an International student who was very unfamiliar with the LSAT and had never given such entrance test in past (in my country entrance test are more memory based) 7sage really helped me in my journey to get a 171. And even for someone who does not earn in dollars, it was very much affordable too.

120 karma

@"Legallyblack-2" said:

@"LSAT Killer" said:

@"Legallyblack-2" said:

@"LSAT Killer" said:

@"Legallyblack-2" said:

You did obviously by telling people not to subscribe due to your experience with 7 sage. However you didn't fully experience 7 sage due to not having a subscription. And I'm chill I'm just pointing out the obvious. If you want to rant go on reddit LSAT. That site is full of negativity lol.

Honestly, this explains why your prof was trying to convince you to go to Cooley. It is a nice school.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

We value constructive criticism because that's how we improve. Since I don't see any suggestions for improvement in the original post, I am "sinking" this discussion for now. This just means that new replies won't bump it up to the top of the Discussions.

120 karma

@"Juliet --Student Service--" said:
    We value constructive criticism because that's how we improve. Since I don't see any suggestions for improvement in the original post, I am "sinking" this discussion for now. This just means that new replies won't bump it up to the top of the Discussions.

Translation: Since we are worried about our revenue, we will censor any opinion that could put our revenue in jeopardy. Keep sucking at LSAT 7Sagers, we love you.

• turvsbroturvsbro Member
    90 karma

Lmao genuinely curious on what your score is since you "killed" the LSAT

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited August 2021 5740 karma

@"LSAT Killer" said:

Translation: Since we are worried about our revenue, we will censor any opinion that could put our revenue in jeopardy. Keep sucking at LSAT 7Sagers, we love you.

OP has been banned for violating Rule #1(Be nice. Behind the screen is a person reading what you write to them.)

• afnjkfbefeeafnjkfbefee Member
    2 karma

@"LSAT Killer" said:

OP has been banned for violating Rule #1(Be nice. Behind the screen is a person reading what you write to them.)

OMG what a disaster. It's over, It's over. Well, guess what, I am the LSAT killer. I don't need your useless services. This shows how democracy is dying in our country. This is the communism that our fathers fought hard against. Here it is.

Rule #1 translation : Say what we want to hear or get the hell out of here.
    Shows how democracy is dying in our country. I can say whatever I want. if you don't like it get the hell off the internet.