Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Having trouble getting out of mid 150s

Hurtado0814Hurtado0814 Member
in Logic Games 34 karma

Hi everyone,

I am planning to take the LSAT in October. My goal score is 165. I’ve been scoring consistently in the mid 150s and sometimes will score a 158/159. I haven’t been able to crack 160.

Logic games is my worst section by far. Reading comprehension fluctuates. And LR is typically -4/-5. Any advice? It would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• ledkarlyledkarly Member
    483 karma

my trouble with logic games, was what kind of set up each game needed (sounds very stupid, but its true). I used Khan Academy for actually setting up the game and it really really helped me!!! so definitely use that! its free! and if you already have some knowledge I dont think it would take more than a couple days to see an improvement.

For RC and LR, I read the Loophole in logical reasoning and it helped a TON!! not only in LR but also RC. It took me about a week to get through the whole thing and it really really helped. About $60 bucks on amazon. I am scoring a 163-68 now!

• GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma

While this might not be true for everyone, following the fool proofing plan JY sets out in the curriculum helps tremendously for LG. It takes a great deal of time to get through every game the foolproof way, but it should serve to shore up the LG section. This section stands to be the easiest to get close to perfect...for me anyways. With your current scoring on the the other two sections, imagine what -1 or 2 on LG would do for you. Best of luck!

• nomomnomnomomnom Member
    412 karma

Given that your test is in two months, LG would be the best way to make the quickest gains as it's supposedly the most learnable and highly relevant to your score esp since you say it's your worst section. My RC used to fluctuate wildly from -8 to -16 but I worked with a tutor and study buddy and I recently have it down to around -3 to -6. The main gamechanger for me (although it might not work for you) is to focus on structure and function of each paragraph and to view RC like LR stimuluses in a method of reasoning way. I would also recommend to read for leisure on screen (don't necessarily have to buy ebooks, since public libraries have digital database for ebooks to check out) perhaps a bit each day. It's really made the difference for me, and will make a huge difference especially if you aren't an active reader already and a non-reader currently.