Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't find motivation to study for Oct after August!

jenleevajenleeva Monthly Member
in General 189 karma

Title says it all...

How do you find motivation to keep studying after the August test in preparation for October? I took a week off...it's slowly turning into two weeks.

I just want to know my score!!!!

Comments

  • agc438agc438 Yearly Member
    253 karma

    OMG SAME. The only thing I can tell you is to turn off distractions and redo your first ever practice test to see growth. It's hard to get back into the rhythm and you'll have to ease back in 1 game/passage at a time.

  • alinaekim2000alinaekim2000 Yearly Member
    9 karma

    I'm also on a break !! Sometimes a break is nice, though. I do see my score improving after taking some time off... But if it turns into procrastination, I turn off my Switch/phone and stuff to keep video games and other distractions away lol. Good luck !! You can do it !!

  • Elle KoodsElle Koods Alum Member
    133 karma

    I am minimally doing 1 game per day out of conscience...

  • haleyj95haleyj95 Monthly Member
    39 karma

    I'm struggling with this as well. Trying to focus on doing 3 solid hours a day and not pushing it beyond that right now. I'm burnt out already and don't want it to get worse

  • 296 karma

    Same boat, but I think if you're struggling, it's your mind and body telling you to take a break. I'm taking November because I knew I'd need some down time after August and didn't want to rush into October. Good luck.

  • jenleevajenleeva Monthly Member
    189 karma

    @agc438 said:
    OMG SAME. The only thing I can tell you is to turn off distractions and redo your first ever practice test to see growth. It's hard to get back into the rhythm and you'll have to ease back in 1 game/passage at a time.

    This is such a good idea! I hadn't thought about redoing my first PT. I'm hoping this gives me some confidence lol! Thanks and good luck to you!

  • jenleevajenleeva Monthly Member
    189 karma

    @mpereira962D said:
    Same boat, but I think if you're struggling, it's your mind and body telling you to take a break. I'm taking November because I knew I'd need some down time after August and didn't want to rush into October. Good luck.

    Totally right. Need to listen to myself. Thank you and good luck to you too!

  • agc438agc438 Yearly Member
    253 karma

    @jenleeva said:

    @agc438 said:
    OMG SAME. The only thing I can tell you is to turn off distractions and redo your first ever practice test to see growth. It's hard to get back into the rhythm and you'll have to ease back in 1 game/passage at a time.

    This is such a good idea! I hadn't thought about redoing my first PT. I'm hoping this gives me some confidence lol! Thanks and good luck to you!

    I just did mine and I only got 2 points up which made me a little sad. Then when I reviewed, I realized I bombed a game because I didn't see the last three rules LMAO. Keep. Moving. Forward!

  • sk7sagersk7sager Monthly Member
    36 karma

    Just popping in to say I needed to see this! Glad to know I'm not alone

Sign In or Register to comment.