Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wrong answer journal for RC?

Hi everyone,
I am just wondering what we should do to keep track of questions we get wrong on RC. I was told that we should keep a wrong answer journal for LR, which is something I had been doing on the LR section of the CC (I am on the game section now). Do we also make a wrong answer journal for RC? How do we keep track? Please help me!

Comments

• st_cupertinost_cupertino Member
    177 karma

I would recommend having one only if you are going to be
    1. Clear about noting your takeaways… including in ways that would make sense to you without having to re-read the entire passage
    2. Intentional about going back to it at least occasionally.

One of my biggest flaws in prep was taking all this time to keep track of my wrong answers and not actually doing anything with the information.

Some people find re-doing passages to be helpful. Personally, I didn’t have the desire or discipline to do so. Instead, I found it much easier to just keep track of general takeaways/reminders for myself that I would read before I took a timed section. By no means an RC expert, but I think the practice helped.

• Webby_SongdoWebby_Songdo Alum Member
    677 karma

@st_cupertino said:
    I would recommend having one only if you are going to be
    1. Clear about noting your takeaways… including in ways that would make sense to you without having to re-read the entire passage
    2. Intentional about going back to it at least occasionally.

One of my biggest flaws in prep was taking all this time to keep track of my wrong answers and not actually doing anything with the information.

Some people find re-doing passages to be helpful. Personally, I didn’t have the desire or discipline to do so. Instead, I found it much easier to just keep track of general takeaways/reminders for myself that I would read before I took a timed section. By no means an RC expert, but I think the practice helped.

Sounds good. Thank you