Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Emotional Support Thread for August Score Release

edited September 2021 in August 2021 LSAT 425 karma

Hi everyone!

I wanted to start this as an emotional support thread. I am sure I'm not the only one anxious awaiting my score on September 10th! Let's throw out some positive energy! I hope everyone is focusing on their mental health and well-being during this time!

How are you all feeling?!

Comments

• braydo29braydo29 Member
    64 karma

I’m tired of waiting but also if it’s bad at least there’s hope in not knowing.

• CashhhyyyCashhhyyy Core Member
    583 karma

best of luck to everyone <3 I don't take mine until next month, but good luck

• yeasm22syeasm22s Member
    217 karma

Anxious, mildly depressed, dont want to take this test again. LG was my strongest section but the section didnt go well for me during the test. I keep playing multiple scenarios in my head. Aug was my first time taking the official test. I wanted to start studying for the test again but I am exhausted, depleted. Also the medians going up this cycle makes me more anxious.

• I will be writing in October to grab a couple more points but overall feeling confident. I have doubts about certain questions/passages/games, but I make sure to remember that people tend to underestimate their performance. It’s why cancelling scores is typically bad advice unless you simply didn’t attempt questions. Just know you probably did better than you think!

• @"Legally Dark Blonde" said:
    Hi everyone!

I wanted to start this as an emotional support thread. I am sure I'm not the only one anxious awaiting my score on September 10th! Let's throw out some positive energy! I hope everyone is focusing on their mental health and well-being during this time!

How are you all feeling?!

I love this mindset! The curve balls thrown on the August exam really got to me. But, it was a great learning experience and something that will help me improve going into October.

• @"Forever Addicted to Coffee" Thank you! I'm trying to stay as positive as possible. Same here! RC is my worst section and I had an experimental RC with RC being the hardest of the three sections. Part of getting a high score is luck. We need the cards to fall in our favor and play on our strengths! We still have plenty of time before the October exam to improve. Let's keep the mindset that we are going to crush October (regardless of our score on Friday)!!

• rglusakrglusak Core Member
    128 karma

Terrified because I barely started studying before so I’m not expecting a good score, but feeling very hopeful for the October test!

• Lime Green DotLime Green Dot Member
    1384 karma

Notice from LSAC:

Because the August LSAT was the first administration of the new online LSAT consisting of three scored sections and one unscored section, we are providing an opportunity for August test takers who are also registered for the October LSAT to decide if they want to cancel their October registration and receive a full refund of their October registration fee.

August LSAT scores will be released at 9 a.m. ET on Friday, September 10, 2021. If, after seeing your August score, you wish to cancel your October registration, you may do so until 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, September 12, 2021, to be eligible for a full refund of your October registration fee.

To cancel your October registration, you must email us at LSACinfo@LSAC.org with “OCTOBER CANCELLATION REQUEST” in the subject line no later than the deadline, and inform us of your decision to cancel your October registration.

I was really stressed about reg'ing for October, but ended up doing so with a lot of uncertainty. Regardless of score outcomes for August, this is the news I needed & it'll allow me to decide whether to keep my October reg or cancel it & move my test up to Jan w/o penalty (currently in Asia, so no Nov test here)! Hope this comes as good news to others too. 💗

• @"Lime Green Dot" This is fantastic news! Thanks so much for sharing! :)
    @Cashhhyyy Thanks so much! You're gonna kill it next month!
    @yeasm22s Sounds like you are definitely burnt out. Take some time off and do something you enjoy. Every time I've taken a week off I've gotten a new high score on my next PT! Sometimes it's the reset our brains need to come back stronger!

Keep your head up everyone! Remember this: progress, not perfection!

• Burt ReynoldsBurt Reynolds Alum Member Sage
    957 karma

Remember:
    - it's just one test
    - it's a test you can take multiple times
    - theoretically, your highest score matters most to law schools
    - This score doesn't define you :smile:

• chanyoungleechanyounglee Member
    95 karma

Stressed because I want this to be my last test--I love the test, but I want to move on and prioritize my law school apps. Hoping that we both get what we want :-)

• zoomzoomzoomzoom Member
    462 karma

Stressed as well but hoping for the best! At this point, I'm just mentally worn out from this exam. I want to be on the other side and done with this forever!

• ah2cpah2cp Core Member
    38 karma

@yeasm22s said:
    Anxious, mildly depressed, dont want to take this test again. LG was my strongest section but the section didnt go well for me during the test. I keep playing multiple scenarios in my head. Aug was my first time taking the official test. I wanted to start studying for the test again but I am exhausted, depleted. Also the medians going up this cycle makes me more anxious.

This really sums up how I'm feeling. I swing back and forth on how I'm feeling. One day its super confident, the next I'm convinced I'm going to get a 120. I wanted to only take a week off from studying and then start back up so that I could feel great going into October if needed, but I'm so worn out and tired of the test. I'll do what I need to do, but I am really hoping I pulled out the score I want.

• mdf1960mdf1960 Free Trial Member
    54 karma

I'm one and done for this test, assuming I don't get below a 155. Otherwise, I will proceed with my applications as I'm not seriously trying for a Top 50 school.

• mm9749mm9749 Member
    26 karma

Yeah I'm nervous as hell. I've already started studying for the October test in case I don't hit my goal, but after 9 months of studying I am literally exhausted and can't find the motivation to study anymore. I've been trying to distract myself by working out and hanging with friends, but either way Sept 10 is gonna be an emotional day.

• lizzogonzolizzogonzo Member
    628 karma

I've been tired of waiting ever since we took it lol. But now that it's almost coming idk what to do with myself. The more I wait the more I overthink and start pessimistically anticipating the worst. I'm trying to hold onto the good feelings I had on test day and how I felt like I put my best foot forward.

This was my 2nd and last take (first in Feb 2021) after a looong 2 years studying on and off. I knew I wasn't going to retake under any circumstances. The wait is almost over tho, and I'm excited to finally be free of this test!