Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank you 7Sage!

JeremyOUJeremyOU Member
in General 148 karma

I took the LSAT for the first time in April and received a 166. Although I was proud of my score, I believed that I was capable of getting a 170+. So I continued to prep using 7Sage as my only LSAT resource. Today, I am thrilled to report that I made 174 on the August LSAT!!! Now I've got to get started on my applications for Fall 2022. Keep grinding everyone!

Comments

• BuddySmithIIIBuddySmithIII Core Member
    40 karma

Congratulation!

• chienkuanyungchienkuanyung Alum Member
    14 karma

Congratulations!

What are your percentile and score band?

• cpeaks13cpeaks13 Core Member
    496 karma

@chienkuanyung can you explain the score band? I dont really understand what it means...

• AnnBurnsAnnBurns Core Member
    31 karma

Any tips?? I’m looking to increase my august 163 to a 170+ for the nov. test

• AnnBurnsAnnBurns Core Member
    31 karma

And congrats!

• JeremyOUJeremyOU Member
    148 karma

@chienkuanyung said:
    Congratulations!

What are your percentile and score band?

99th percentile and 170-178 score band.

148 karma

@AnnBurns said:
    Any tips?? I’m looking to increase my august 163 to a 170+ for the nov. test

I would do blind review on every single question, not just one's that you are uncertain about. My usual process was take a PT on Saturday, blind review the entire PT on Sunday (this would take several hours), then do a deep review on any of the questions I missed for the rest of the week until it was time to take a fresh PT again. Doing a thorough blind review really helped me recognize reoccurring patterns in the LSAT (such as trap answer choices).

148 karma

@cpeaks13 said:
    @chienkuanyung can you explain the score band? I dont really understand what it means...

This is copied straight from LSAC regarding the score band:

LSAT scores are estimates of a test taker’s actual proficiency in the skills tested.

LSAT scores are reported to law schools along with a score band because the estimate of proficiency provided by a given LSAT score is not perfectly accurate. A test taker’s actual proficiency in the skills tested on the LSAT may be slightly higher or slightly lower than that reflected by the score received on an officially administered LSAT.

The score band indicates a range of scores, including scores slightly higher and slightly lower than the score received. The test taker's actual proficiency in the skills measured is likely to fall within this range. As an example, a score of 157 would be reported along with a score band of 154 to 160.

In other words, even though an individual score received on an officially administered LSAT is an estimate of a test taker’s actual proficiency in the skills tested, it is unlikely that the test taker’s actual proficiency in the skills tested is more than a few points higher or lower than the score received.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

Killed it! Congrats. Now comes the "fun" part.

148 karma

@canihazJD said:
    Killed it! Congrats. Now comes the "fun" part.

Thank you! Maybe I will be fortunate enough to see you at Cornell next year. They are at the top of my list!

• Burt ReynoldsBurt Reynolds Alum Member Sage
    957 karma

Congrats!!!

148 karma

@"Burt Reynolds" said:
    Congrats!!!

Thank you!

• Seconded. 178 in August.

148 karma

@"Riddled Basins of Attention" said: