Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bay Area & Beyond Study Group

mom_phd_mom_phd_ Member
edited August 2021 in Study Groups 44 karma

Hi! I'm a current PhD student making a transition to law. Anyone want to start a LSAT study group with me? We could set goals, go over questions, review techniques, and keep ourselves accountable on a weekly basis. I'm signed up for October but I'm flexible on my test date since I'm not applying this round. I'm in the Bay Area but the study group will be over Zoom, so everyone is welcome. I'm scoring around 160 on my PTs, and my goal is 170+.

Comments

• JulietteWestJulietteWest Core Member
    54 karma

Hey! I'm in the same spot. I'm averaging 164 and my goal is 170+. I'm taking August but almost certain I'll retake in October. I'm in Oakland and I work 9-5 but I don't mind an early morning session or I can try and log off work early. Let me know if that all sounds good?

• mom_phd_mom_phd_ Member
    44 karma

Thanks for your response! What are weekends like for you? Sundays are usually a study day for me. At the very least, we can start a WhatsApp/text accountability group.

• lsat2016lsat2016 Free Trial Member
    edited August 2021 488 karma

@mom_phd_ said:
    Hi! I'm a current PhD student making a transition to law. Anyone want to start a LSAT study group with me? We could set goals, go over questions, review techniques, and keep ourselves accountable on a weekly basis. I'm signed up for October but I'm flexible on my test date since I'm not applying this round. I'm in the Bay Area but the study group will be over Zoom, so everyone is welcome. I'm scoring around 160 on my PTs, and my goal is 170+.

I'm interested. what are you doing PhD in, and transitioning from what work? what schools are you targeting?

44 karma

Hi! I'm studying history, and hoping to stay in the Bay Area for law school. How about you?

44 karma

If you are interested in setting up a WhatsApp group, which will be the first step to finding a collective time to meet, please message me with your number and I'll get it started.

• aheminger97aheminger97 Alum Member
    edited September 2021 96 karma

Hey, I just saw this thread. I'm also in the Bay Area --SF, more specifically. Would be interested in joining this group if there's room for one more!

• LegalityLegality Member
    edited September 2021 280 karma

Likewise! I'm averaging ~170 on PTs and I'm in the Bay Area signed up for the October test.

44 karma

Hi! For anyone who is interested, please fill out this google form and I will send out a group email: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeINidvm_TLG0yReJGwm28PxLtB0NaALeQ6bEJDRI9-Mq1b_w/viewform?usp=sf_link

• PROMISED LANDPROMISED LAND Member
    340 karma

I'm also in the Bay Area, and just signed up via the google doc form!

• nicolemyriadnicolemyriad Core Member
    16 karma

Hello! Also just signed up via the Google form.