Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

January test date for August admission?? Too late or not?

LuxxTabooLuxxTaboo Core Member
edited September 2021 in Law School Admissions 212 karma

Would it be ok if took the January test for the upcoming August admission? Will I still get a chance at scholarship money? I was scheduled to take the exam next month and apply next month but I don't think I will make the score that I want in that time. Currently I have a 3.8 undergrad GPA and I'm guessing that if I take the test in Nov I will make around a 155. If I take it in January that will give me an extra 2 months to study although not sure how much higher I will make if I wait.

Comments

• trisdhaliwal1trisdhaliwal1 Member
    89 karma

Which schools are you applying to?

• Law school numbers has a new feature where you can see time-based acceptances to schools (only for students registered though which seems a small % in light of the total number of applicants.)

• LuxxTabooLuxxTaboo Core Member
    212 karma

@trisdhaliwal1 said:
    Which schools are you applying to?

I'm applying to multiple schools throughout Texas. a few are SMU, A&M, University of Houston, and University of Texas

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

Make sure you confirm with each school what the latest LSAT test they accept is, they usually say this in the application instructions. Also check the regular admission deadlines. I think if you're applying really close to the deadline you may be at a disadvantage. SMU deadline is 3/1. A&M is 5/31. Houston is 3/15.

Personally, I think if the deadline is in March, Feb is cutting it a bit close. But if the deadline is in May or later, you'll probably be okay.

You may want to take the November test and see what happens - and then if you're not happy with the score - you can still submit your application and note that you'll be taking a future examination - then they'll put a hold on your application until the new score comes in. This way you'll at least have your apps in relatively early.

• LuxxTabooLuxxTaboo Core Member
    212 karma

@"andrew.rsn" said:
    Make sure you confirm with each school what the latest LSAT test they accept is, they usually say this in the application instructions. Also check the regular admission deadlines. I think if you're applying really close to the deadline you may be at a disadvantage. SMU deadline is 3/1. A&M is 5/31. Houston is 3/15.

Personally, I think if the deadline is in March, Feb is cutting it a bit close. But if the deadline is in May or later, you'll probably be okay.

You may want to take the November test and see what happens - and then if you're not happy with the score - you can still submit your application and note that you'll be taking a future examination - then they'll put a hold on your application until the new score comes in. This way you'll at least have your apps in relatively early.

This is really helpful, thank you.