Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I make the switch?

dreamypapayadreamypapaya Member
in General 8 karma

Hey everyone, I am new to 7sage. I briefly used it a while ago but I have been using a different platform, I had purchased a package and I have been studying for 4 months with that platform but I have not seen any significant improvement. I have seen improvement in my BR score to 160 but my timed tests remain in the 150s and I actually went down one point. I am inclined to stop using that other program and use 7sage instead given all the great testimonies and conversations I'm seeing here. My question is would this be more harmful for me to switch platforms when I've already started studying with that other program or should I switch if I am not seeing results? I'm not sure where to go from here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have not taken any official LSATs and my goal would be to get to the 170s.

Comments

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

You can definitely switch platforms and get a ton of benefits from 7sage. I was exclusively using Khan Academy for about a month before i started 7sage. The main downside to that was because of the PTs 7sage used for core curriculum and the fact that Khan used a completely different set of PTs for drilling material, i had very limited "fresh"PTs. But it was easy to work around that.

In short, if you can pinpoint what material your current program uses compared to 7sage, it's pretty easy to adjust

• dreamypapayadreamypapaya Member
    8 karma

Thank you! that's very helpful to know. I think I can definitely work around that as well.

• galacticgalactic Yearly Member
    edited September 2021 690 karma

Hi there @dreamypapaya, I would definitely join the 7Sage neighborhood, but don't let introspection over your past performances come down merely to what prep platform you're using. Get into the psychology of your wrong answers. Get granular with each and every question you're missing and then extrapolate out the bigger trends. 7Sage's analytics can help out a lot with this.

I am a firm believer that 7Sage is the premier LSAT prep service, but I recommend treating your newfound citizenship here as a 1st step rather than a last stop. Does that make sense? Hope this helps.

8 karma

@"galactic law" definitely, I hear you. I for sure do not just want to attribute any performance to just the platform so thanks for that advice. I still have A LOT of work to do on spotting the issues I'm having. I appreciate the feedback.

• out-liar12out-liar12 Core Member
    28 karma

I've worked with a few different prep programs and I can promise you that switching between them, or utilizing different ones to strengthen different skills, can be extremely beneficial! I found Kaplan to be my best resource for logic games, but wasn't seeing any progress in the other two sections. Then, I came here and noticed some improvement, but not the level I was looking for personally. So I switched to Powerscore, where I noticed much more growth in both reading comprehension and logical reasoning. You will have a basis of understanding for the general terms and understanding given in any course, but what works for one person might not work for someone else! What I'm trying to say is YES change courses if you feel you are not getting the benefit that you need, and do not waste time trying to beat a dead horse if you will. I'm actually back to 7Sage now because the way the blind review works is helping me much more than the other practice tests I've worked on. It took me a full year to get through all the 7sage material effectively, but the second time around studying with Powerscore, I moved through all the content in under 3 months and now have until November to work on my timed sections. You might find you fly through the content because familiarity will be your friend. Sometimes just hearing ONE thing said differently can open up a whole new world of understanding. You got this @dreamypapaya

8 karma

@"Morgann Martens" Wow that's awesome that you were able to find what works for you. I definitely feel that having a different way of explaining things can help a lot. I also bought the LR and LG books from powerscore so I'm going to be using that as well, but 7sage seems to be the place for visual explanations and a more interactive platform so I will use all the resources I can here and try to find what works best for me. Thank you so much for the advice and good luck on your journey through times sections!