Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LR, 'Intuition' and Resources

So, I've always gone about LR in a kind of unstructured way, I've never formally studied for it and reliably go about -2 to -4 since my diagnostic. I don't actively think about LR in a technical way, like trying to identifying premises and conclusions, highlighting stuff, mapping out lawgic, thinking about trigger words and question types etc. I've continued to depend on a formless sort of instinct for what is right and wrong. I'm sure some of these considerations operate at the back of my mind, but it's nothing deliberate. Although this has served me well until now, as the test approaches I feel doubts about the sustainability of this approach. I feel like even if a resource doesn't improve my scoring range, devoting some time to seriously studying LR would salve my fears and firm up my confidence for the test.

I have Powerscore, the Trainer and naturally 7Sage. What I'm curious about is the Loophole. Do you guy's think it's worth buying that getting through before the November LSAT in my situation? Or any other resource with the Nov test in mind? LG is still my weakest section and I've been grinding it for the past month.

Comments

• LegalityLegality Member
    280 karma

I tried powerscore for LG and it didn't help me at all (it actually hurt my score). When I switched to 7sage, I was able to pretty quickly switch from getting ~-7 to ~-3 and the majority of those -3 are just from dumb mistakes (I tend to get a little panicky about time and mess up easy things, I'm working on it). When I give myself +50 percent time I almost always get -0. 7sage worked great for me for LG so I'd recommend just sticking with their lesson plans.

• derry.karen6derry.karen6 Core Member
    134 karma

The Loophole is great, in my opinion. The author isn't super technical and has an everyday-style writing voice so, seeing that you've gone primarily off of instinct and unstructured, you may actually really benefit from the easy-going style this book offers.
    There's a lot of drilling to practice summarizing the stimulus, linking conditionals, etc. so it could actually help you tie some loose ends on those tedious technical details.
    I'm hoping it'll help your confidence as you approach test day! Best of luck!