Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When should I take my last PT

LegalityLegality Member
in General 280 karma

Hey everyone,

First time LSAT taker here. I'm taking the October LSAT on 10/10 and am hoping to get some input on when I should take my final PT. I've sort of been slingshotting between the mid 160s and low 170s on my PTs and was hoping to be more consistently in the 170s for game day. However, with the time I have left, I'm just going to do the best I can to get my best possible score and retake if necessary.

I'm curious if any repeat takers should advise on how to spend my last week and a half. I intend to take a PT this Sunday at the same time as my actual test to simulate it as best as possible. However, I also kind of want to take a last, final PT on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. That said, many people have advised not to take any PTs in the last week leading up to the actual test.

Hoping people can share what worked for them and advise me on any tips that might help me maximize my score.

Good luck to everyone else taking the October test!

Comments

• danmsweatdanmsweat Member
    40 karma

I'm in a similar boat. Do you know what the reasoning is behind not taking a PT in the last week? I understand wanting to avoid burnout, but I thought there might be some benefit to being "warmed up" to some degree. Was planning on resting just Friday and Saturday.

Best of luck to you too!

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

At least for me, the main issue with taking one last PT too close to the exam is that if you don't score what you want, it's difficult to shake that negativity completely before the exam. If you don't do well like a week and a half before, you can recover. But if you don't score well like 2 days before the real deal, that's a little harder to recover from.

You're better off drilling timed sections in order to be warmed up in my opinion.

• LegalityLegality Member
    280 karma

I was considering taking a final PT on Wednesday but not scoring it until after I take the actual exam. That way I can practice / warm up without letting the score trip me up and it'd give me something to score after I take the actual test to help relieve some of that WHAT DID I GET anxiety haha.

• 36 karma

I would re-take old PTs once it's the same week. It might inflate your scores but that may boost your confidence and it's still good practice!