LR + RC Improvement Advice

rashi.prasadrashi.prasad Member
in General 94 karma

Hi everyone,

So I’ve been studying for the LSAT since may. I’ve been studying through Powerscore but my LR is still stuck at -7 to -10. LG is my strongest section so I’m not too worried about that. And RC is my worst section. I wanted to ask, how long does it take to get through the CC? I haven’t done any of the 7Sage CC, I’ve only been doing PT’s and reviewing. I want to start working more efficiently and effectively so I can improve my score. Any tips to improve my LR & RC score will be really helpful! My goal score is 166, and I’m currently at mid 150’s.

Thank you so much for any help in advance!

Comments

• funtobeemilyfuntobeemily Core Member
    82 karma

The powerscore Reading Comprehension book helped me the most. It helps change your thinking when it comes to what to look for when reading. Then it came down to continuous practice. I would just do a few passages a day. My score went from -11 to -5 on reading comprehension.

• rashi.prasadrashi.prasad Member
    94 karma

@funtobeemily Thanks for your reply! I think I’m going to give Powerscore reading comp another shot to increase my score. I think I’m lacking practice with the material with the techniques Powerscore teaches.

• luckysat1luckysat1 Member
    167 karma

You need to do the curriculum. LR isn’t all that difficult, ninety nine percent of it comes down to figuring out the conclusion and the relationship between conclusion and support. The curriculum will cover everything. All else is practice. I started in June averaging -12 in LR and RC and now average around -2 in both. I attribute all of if to the curriculum and endless practice (have been through all PT’s, currently on second cycle)