Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What program does J.Y use to write out his notes on the screen???

Alon DasaAlon Dasa Member
in General 134 karma

Hey does anybody know what J.Y is using to write on screen with ( The electronic pen)???
I find it very useful for logic games the way you're able to delete/ copy master game boards

Comments

• CDGarcia99CDGarcia99 Member
    49 karma

I don't know what it's called but I downloaded an app on my computer called "Epic Pen"...it lets you write on your screen. It's a little hard to use, but it's useful when your reviewing and want to write on the prep test. I don't think you can delete and copy like JY does, but it does allow you draw over any screen/text. Hope this is a little helpful.

• phosita_phoeatahphosita_phoeatah Yearly Member
    238 karma

@alondasa said:
    Hey does anybody know what J.Y is using to write on screen with ( The electronic pen)???
    I find it very useful for logic games the way you're able to delete/ copy master game boards

One major caveat: unless you plan on using such an app + device when you tutor others, the whole thing does nothing to help you on your test.

The interface used for the actual exam is bare-bone, and there's no place for you to write on-screen.

• Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    edited October 2021 6866 karma

Wacom writing tablet + Microsoft Paint (or equivalents). If you need to copy the question over, use whatever screen snipping tool you prefer and snip from the PDF or the website.

It's true that it's not the same as using pencil and paper, but all that means is that you have to adapt what you learn back into a form that is conducive to pencil/paper afterward. As a tool to be able to move pieces around and experiment and learn how the game works, it's priceless. You have to know what you're doing at all before you can worry about how to put it onto paper.

• WinningHereWinningHere Member
    417 karma

Thanks Jonathan!!!

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @alondasa,

J.Y. uses a Wacom tablet and photoshop.

I hope this helps!