Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Incredibly Slow on Reading Comprehension

Determined_-1Determined_-1 Member
in General 919 karma

Hi folks, as the title says, I am an incredibly slow reader. In order to not get bogged down by the details, I've tried to focus on reasoning structure and what the main point of each paragraph is. However, I spend so much time reading that I barely get to passage 4 (if I do, its only with 4 minutes left and that is not enough to confidently answer all the questions). I am averaging -10 to -12.

I don't know how untimed drills are supposed to help me, but if anyone has any tips, I'd appreciate it

Comments

• danmsweatdanmsweat Member
    40 karma

I'd recommend not introducing time constraints until you can complete the section type very well without them. Maybe don't take like 5 hours to complete the section, but there's nothing wrong with giving yourself an hour to do the whole thing as best you can. IMO it's makes more sense to perfect your technique before trying to speed up to an acceptable time than to try to do both simultaneously.

TLDR: untimed drills are supposed to help you by helping you perfect your technique

• Determined_-1Determined_-1 Member
    919 karma

@danmsweat Thank you so much for the tips, I will definitely practice it untimed then!