Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking new (91,92) pts before October?

hawaii50210hawaii50210 Core Member
in General 44 karma

Hello Everyone,
I'm taking the October LSAT and plan on taking atleast two more PTs before my test date, should I take the older PTs (I have a few late 70s high 80s saved) which have answer explanations uploaded, or take the newest tests even though they don't have the explanations up and just try and explain them to myself? I feel like there are benefits to both but I'd like to hear another opinion!

Comments

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

The newest tests are more likely to resemble the real thing, as they embody all the subtle changes over the last several years, namely: Tougher RC, more straight forward games, and subtler LR language. If you haven’t done many 85+, you definitely want to see some of those before taking October. One thing to note re 91&92, when taking on law hub, you can’t BR, it just gives you your results, so keep that in mind as they can mess up your review. That’s the one major drawback, IMO. Best of luck!

• JMPlaw19JMPlaw19 Member
    144 karma

I think there is definitely a noticeable shift between tests in the 70's to test in the 80's, specifically the abstract language in LR being seen more in the 80's and tougher RC in the 80's. Id recommend focusing more on those

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

@sarakimmel said:
    One thing to note re 91&92, when taking on law hub, you can’t BR, it just gives you your results, so keep that in mind as they can mess up your review.

If you take the exam on self-paced mode instead of exam mode and pause sections after 35 minutes instead of completing, you can go back and blind review

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

@tahurrrrr thanks!