Fall 2022 Cycle - Resume/Addendum

t.gupta1t.gupta1 Alum Member
edited October 2021 in Law School Admissions 14 karma

Hello all, my GPA calculated by LSAC is significantly lower than the GPA on my transcript. Which should I include on my law school resume? Additionally, would you recommend writing an addendum? The lower LSAC GPA is because my undergrad university doesn't include pass/fail credits into GPA, whereas LSAC does. I studied abroad for a semester and failed two courses while abroad. Honestly I don't really have a good reason - I just didn't focus on classes very much while studying abroad. Do any of you think it would be a good idea to write an addendum or will it just draw attention to a negative part of my application?

Comments

• csharm002csharm002 Member
    352 karma

Your entire application will be viewable by the admissions committee, therefore they'll see the LSAC GPA and you do not need to put either on your resume. What you said right there is the perfect addendum, honest, straight to the point, and no excuses. That's exactly what they want to hear!

• JMPlaw19JMPlaw19 Member
    144 karma

Law schools will only use your LSAC gpa and not your school gpa for any decisions, so if its a lower gpa you can write an addendum to just explain why and not something that will repeat itself

• t.gupta1t.gupta1 Alum Member
    14 karma

Thank you both very much for this input!