Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ProctorU issues: not enough RAM on my laptop??

B_star11B_star11 Member
in General 55 karma

I just logged onto my ProctorU account and ran the diagnostic to make sure I'm all good for taking the October LSAT next week (I'm quaking). Everything checked out except for my RAM on my computer, meaning that my laptop is using too much memory with Chrome open. Does anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it? I don't know what more I can do to solve this. I also have Clean my Mac, so I can monitor and clear out my RAM, but it always fills up in minutes. I don't want a technical issue to interfere with test day :(

Comments

• JMPlaw19JMPlaw19 Member
    144 karma

From what I always hear and personal experience, that doesnt really matter, I took two LSATs with it showing as high ram as well. Either way it doesnt hurt to make sure you have every other program thats running closed

• yeah I had a similar issue. it was showing the same thing for me on my mac. Clean my mac didn't free up enough RAM. I ended up using a different computer.... just for peace of mind. Were you using Chrome as your browser? Chrome uses a lot of ram. So maybe test with a different browser?

• LegallyBrunette21LegallyBrunette21 Yearly Member
    edited October 2021 500 karma

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/free-memory-ram-mac-3681038/

I used this link and made some changes through my activity monitor. The problem was solved afterwards.

• B_star11B_star11 Member
    55 karma

@JMPlaw19 said:
    From what I always hear and personal experience, that doesnt really matter, I took two LSATs with it showing as high ram as well. Either way it doesnt hurt to make sure you have every other program thats running closed

okay thank you! that’s definitely a relief. i guess i’ll do as much as I can to control it but if it isn’t at the exact capacity hopefully there won’t be any problems!

55 karma

@"LSATtaker2021-1" said:
    yeah I had a similar issue. it was showing the same thing for me on my mac. Clean my mac didn't free up enough RAM. I ended up using a different computer.... just for peace of mind. Were you using Chrome as your browser? Chrome uses a lot of ram. So maybe test with a different browser?

i originally was using Safari, but then ProctorU’s site said Chrome was needed for the test, so I switched to that. I believe both used relatively the same amount of RAM (i think there was probably 300 MB left for each which is so bad lol). glad to know that i’m not the only one with this issue! maybe i’ll download Firefox and try that since that’s the other browser ProctorU supports?

55 karma

@LegallyBrunette21 said:
    https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/free-memory-ram-mac-3681038/

I used this link and made some changes through my activity monitor. The problem was solved afterwards.

thank you so much!