Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2021–2022 Application Requirements

David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
edited September 2021 in Law School Admissions 7262 karma

Hi everyone,

We've updated our compilation of application requirements for 2021–2022. You'll find it here:

https://7sage.com/admissions/lesson/application-requirements-for-top-schools/

We'll continue to update this as new school's release their applications.

Comments

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
    2249 karma

If law schools aren't going to admit anyone after December, then what's the point of them having the deadline be until January/February?

• agc438agc438 Alum Member
    253 karma

@Ashley2018 said:
    If law schools aren't going to admit anyone after December, then what's the point of them having the deadline be until January/February?

Uh...... I don't remember hearing that from anywhere. One of my friends who got a 171 applied to columbia and got in Feb and this was 2 years ago.

2249 karma

@agc438 said:

@Ashley2018 said:

Uh...... I don't remember hearing that from anywhere. One of my friends who got a 171 applied to columbia and got in Feb and this was 2 years ago.

Because every person I talk to, whether it be through one of those admissions consulting things or with real-life applicants, pretty much have told me that there's no chance of getting in T-14 if you apply after Thanksgiving.

• Pretzel LogicPretzel Logic Member
    227 karma

This is a great model flaw question!

"Every person A has spoken to has told her that one cannot be admitted to a T-14 past December.

Therefore, it is impossible to be admitted to any T-14 school after December."

edited September 2021 2249 karma

@"Pretzel Logic" said:
    This is a great model flaw question!

"Every person A has spoken to has told her that one cannot be admitted to a T-14 past December.

Therefore, it is impossible to be admitted to any T-14 school after December."

Ok, that's really not helpful.

• AngR.567AngR.567 Member
    85 karma

I think most schools have rolling admission, so the earlier you apply the greater your chances of getting in are. So since T14's are extremely competitive, applying earlier would give you a greater chance of getting in. (if you use 7sage's admissions predictor you can see how your admission chances fluctuate based on what month you plan to apply) That's not to say that T14's never admit anyone after December, but by December they've probably admitted a decent amount of people, so there might not be as many spots left, and your chances of getting in go down.

• lethal_baconlethal_bacon Member
    107 karma

I understand the frustration. I think plenty of law schools admit past December, including the T-14 schools. There is just a significant advantage to applying earlier in the cycle. It makes sense logically, there are more spots towards the beginning and thus more of a chance you get admitted, whereas the longer you wait, generally speaking, the better stats you may need to get in as available slots become fewer. With T-14 schools, they have so many quality applicants to choose from, the more advantages, no matter how small, you give yourself the better of course.

With that being said, this cycle may be very unique. As I've read on other forums, it could be the case that law schools wait longer to admit students until they have a better handle on the general stats/averages (GPA, LSAT scores) of their applicant pool -- they would love to maintain their new medians as best they can. Last year really threw off admissions with somewhat inflated LSAT scores (at least in comparison to prior years due to the changes via the flex) and some other factors specific to COVID. This is not to say the advantage to early applying is diminished, but I could see a situation where it takes a lot longer to receive decisions.

Hope that helps! You can definitely still apply past Thanksgiving and have a good shot, so don't worry, just put your best foot forward and worse comes to worse apply next year :)

• Glutton for the LSATGlutton for the LSAT Alum Member
    551 karma

Awesome! So useful.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

@Ashley2018 said:

@agc438 said:

@Ashley2018 said:

Because every person I talk to, whether it be through one of those admissions consulting things or with real-life applicants, pretty much have told me that there's no chance of getting in T-14 if you apply after Thanksgiving.

It is absolutely possible. Either you misunderstood, these people are lying to you, they don't know wtf they're talking about, or a combination thereof. If you heard this from an admissions consultant, I'd be interested to know who it was. Anecdotally I applied in February and am at a T14. If you look at LSD/LSN there is no shortage of people getting in with a post thanksgiving application across the T14.

• raqraqraq7raqraqraq7 Member
    edited September 2021 56 karma

Hi! A question (I hope not dumb). Where can I find individual schools' "optional" essays? I want to start drafting these before starting the applications.... but it seems like the only way to see them is to actually start the specific school application? Is there another way? Is it just verbatim what is on this pagehttps://7sage.com/admissions/lesson/application-requirements-for-top-schools/

Thank you!

• csharm002csharm002 Member
    352 karma

@raqraqraq7 said:
    Hi! A question (I hope not dumb). Where can I find individual schools' "optional" essays? I want to start drafting these before starting the applications.... but it seems like the only way to see them is to actually start the specific school application? Is there another way? Is it just verbatim what is on this pagehttps://7sage.com/admissions/lesson/application-requirements-for-top-schools/

Thank you!

Go to the individual school's website you want to get information on and their application materials section.

• livdoty3livdoty3 Core Member
    2 karma

@Ashley2018 said:

Actually, that isn't true. My boyfriend applied in April of this year to the school he is attending and they admitted him in mid-May.

• chels.welchchels.welch Member
    6 karma

@raqraqraq7 said:

Thank you!

I noticed this with Stanford! I can't find the topics and don't just want to assume the ones on the 7sage page are accurate for this year's cycle. I may just start the application to see if they're listed there.

@livdoty3 said:

@Ashley2018 said:

Actually, that isn't true. My boyfriend applied in April of this year to the school he is attending and they admitted him in mid-May.

That's not a T-14 though. I don't know of a T-14 with a deadline past February.

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited September 2021 4300 karma

@Ashley2018 said:

I would carefully review the admissions timeline for each university in addition to cross checking with the information that 7sage has posted. But just a couple of examples of T-14's that have deadlines in March...

Harvard: Deadline: 3/1/2022 | Final ED deadline: 3/30/2021
    U of Chicago: Deadline: 3/1/2022
    U Penn: Deadline: 3/1/2022
    U of Virginia: Deadline: 3/3/2022
    Cornell: Deadline: 3/1/2022

@"Law and Yoda" said:

@Ashley2018 said:

I would carefully review the admissions timeline for each university in addition to cross checking with the information that 7sage has posted. But just a couple of examples of T-14's that have deadlines in March...

None of those are April.

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited September 2021 4300 karma

@Ashley2018 said:

@"Law and Yoda" said:

@Ashley2018 said:

None of those are April.

Maybe I’m mistaken, but above you questioned what the point is of having a deadline set to January/February. Someone then mentioned knowing an individual who applied in April in which you stated you were unaware of any T14s with a deadline past February. So I was informing you of multiple T14s that have a March deadline. I think the heart of this entire thread, however, is that others are hoping to guide you in the direction of understanding you can submit an application beyond Thanksgiving and still receive an offer.

• MisssACBMisssACB Live Member
    23 karma

There is a girl on tiktok named @law.gal She took LSAT 3 times last year (2020) (August, November and January 2021). She applied to schools from December to January. She got into Yale, and 5 other T-14 schools. Accepted into 8/13 schools she applied to! Anything is possible!

edited October 2021 2249 karma

@MisssACB said:
    There is a girl on tiktok named @law.gal She took LSAT 3 times last year (2020) (August, November and January 2021). She applied to schools from December to January. She got into Yale, and 5 other T-14 schools. Accepted into 8/13 schools she applied to! Anything is possible!

That sounds incredible but her November score (and everything else) must have been exceptional. When did she actually press submit?

• Smelly CatSmelly Cat Free Trial Member
    48 karma

I hear that if you took the three section flex they put a star near the LSAT grade, do you think that will play a role in admission chances?

• bjammubjammu Core Member
    4 karma

It is great to see them. However, it would be nice to see the international law school. Preferably, Canada, United Kingdom and Australia.

Thank you....

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7262 karma

@raqraqraq7 said:

Thank you!

Everything we posted comes verbatim from each schools' application on LSAC. You can usually find these requirements on a school's website as well, but not always.