Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone ever get that feeling that you've bombed every time lol

in General 150 karma

Everytime I take a PT, I'm always like that one was barely a 155-160, but the vast majority of the time its 165+ lmao.

Comments

• giulia.pinesgiulia.pines Member
    466 karma

I used to get that feeling every time, but it was actually because - surprise surprise - I was not yet well-prepared and freaked out at every section. Also felt like I was rushing to finish every section.

My past 3 PTs I've felt incredibly calm and like I'm doing well. My PT score has been 168 on each, and I'm hoping for at least that on test day this weekend.

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

Yes, I can never tell what I got! The one thing that seems to dictate my performance: how I feel before I start. If I am calm, focused, and intent, it's always a 165+ (172 once). I feel like you can boost or tank your score just from mindset! What other test is that subjective to mood, I do not know! lol

• lsat_suslsat_sus Core Member
    1417 karma

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

• 279 karma

Mindset is at least as important as the practice itself. The more you grind at this test, the more prone you are to thinking it's this big mountain you have to climb because the test makers exploit every opportunity to take you down a few notches.

Why do we let them?

The reality is that if you are practicing, you are learning, and improving, but your progress is obfuscated by those dirty tricks. Nonetheless, the progress is there! You are better at lawgic, at flaws, at identifying the method of reasoning, at making inferences in LG, and even at finding the structure in RC. You are better than you were when you started. You are better than you were last week!

Caveat: I presume you are grinding seriously and not just trying to wish a high score into existence.

My PT average went up 10 points and I started hitting the low 170s literally the day after I realized I had been grinding for months and there was no reason for me to worry about being stuck at the 160 average for sometime. At that point it was only a matter of continuing to close the remaining gaps.