Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with score drop

kblaw_studentkblaw_student Member
in General 10 karma

I was doing well on practice LSATs and was scoring in the mid 150's (couple weeks ago I got a 155) until I took a recent practice LSAT and scored a 145. My blind reviews at at a consistent 165 so I know what I am doing but I'm not sure what went wrong with this recent LSAT. Does anyone have any study advice on concerning a large score drop?

Comments

• 790 karma

This happens a lot. But don't let a single score worry you so much, I would only worry if it starts to become a trend. I would focus more on the overall trend (so, like you said, in the 150s). If you take another test and score closer to the 145, then may re-evaluate why that might be the case. Also, mindset and stress levels of the day can have a huge impact on your score. One week I scored a 167 and 2 days later, I was in tears and stressed and got a 158. It doesn't mean you're regressing, you could've simply not been in the right headspace.

• laurennnnlaurennnn Member
    86 karma

I don't have an answer, but coming in with some solidarity-- had been consistently scoring 168-9 and then dropped to a 165 on my two most recent PTs (a week before the October exam date!).

Here's hoping we can achieve to our fullest PT potential on the day of!