Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

taking a practice test 3 days before LSAT????????

helpmelolhelpmelol Member
in General 14 karma

Is it a bad idea to take a practice test tomorrow (3 days before my actual LSAT)? I feel like I have not taken enough practice tests and it would be good practice but I keep reading that it is a bad idea. For me, I still have trouble letting go of hard questions and moving on. I think taking one more practice test could help my timing... Or would it just hurt me? What do you think?

Comments

• B_star11B_star11 Member
    55 karma

In my opinion, I would take it. My LSAT is Sunday and I just took a preptest to tighten up loose ends. It could provide relevant last-minute insight into questions you get wrong, so you can remind yourself what you need to focus on for test day! Hope this helps :)

• danmsweatdanmsweat Member
    40 karma

Imo if it will help you calm nerves, take it. I'm scheduled for 10/10, took one last night, and don't regret it.

As far as I can tell, the only risk is that a bad performance on your last ptest might shake your confidence. But in my case, I felt the benefit of calming my nerves a little bit outweighed that risk.

• helpmelolhelpmelol Member
    edited October 2021 14 karma

@danmsweat said:
    Imo if it will help you calm nerves, take it. I'm scheduled for 10/10, took one last night, and don't regret it.

As far as I can tell, the only risk is that a bad performance on your last ptest might shake your confidence. But in my case, I felt the benefit of calming my nerves a little bit outweighed that risk.

Thank you for responding:) I am going to go ahead and take one tomorrow. Which prep test did you take as your last one?

• LegalityLegality Member
    280 karma

I took my last PT yesterday (I take it on 10/10) and I took PT91+ on lawhub. It was helpful for me to take my last one on lawhub to get familiar with that platform over 7sage.

• carsoncrisp23carsoncrisp23 Member
    9 karma

I just took one and well, didn't do as hot as I usually do, but I attribute this more to burnout than anything. If you are concerned about burnout before you take the real deal, I wouldn't. But if it will calm your nerves, go for it. You know what works for you.

• mhunt2017mhunt2017 Member
    84 karma

If you feel that taking the PT will help your confidence going into the test, maybe try it! I took my last PT today and take the test 10/12 and ended up getting my best PT score yet which eased some nerves. Good luck! :)

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4577 karma

I took a PT three days before my actual PT date, and it helped me practice my processes and strategies before the my real take. However, I did not grade the PT. My thought was if I did bad, I would freak myself out. If I did well, I might be too overconfident and arrogant. So I took to to practice process. You're not going to learn anything new 3 days out of the test that you didn't already know anyways, and the risk of freaking out I think is not worth reviewing at this point.

Hope this helps!

• danmsweatdanmsweat Member
    edited October 2021 40 karma

@helpmelol sorry, didn't see your reply until now! I took the last one on law hub. 91 I think?