Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official October 2021 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited November 2021 in October 2021 LSAT 5740 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official October 2021 LSAT Discussion Thread.

REMINDER: Under your Candidate Agreement, you may not discuss the details of any specific LSAT questions at any time. For the October LSAT, general discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET, Thursday, October 14, 2021.

Posts that violate these rules will be taken down and may result in disciplinary action from LSAC. Let’s work together to ensure the test is fair to everyone, and not share information before everyone has taken the test.

Please keep all discussions of the October 2021 LSAT here!

Update: October 15, 2021

Rules:
You can identify experimental sections. 🙆‍♀️
You can say things such as the following:

• I had two LGs! Was the LG with "flowers" real or experimental?
  • I had two RCs! Was the section that starts with the honeybee passage real?
  • I had three LRs! Does anyone know if the first LR section with the goose question is real?”

You can't discuss specific questions. 🙅‍♂️
You CANNOT say things such as the following:

• Hey, the 3rd LG was sequencing and the last one was In/Out, right? (Don't mention the game type)
  • The last question in the first LR section was a lawgic heavy MBT! Was the answer (B)? (Don't mention the question type or ask what the answer was)
  • What was the answer for the last question of RC? I think it was an inference question? Was the answer (C)? (Don't mention the question type or ask what the answer was)

Comments

• koza18koza18 Member
    116 karma

lolol I couldn't even take it???? the server crashed????????? And I'm having trouble getting in touch with LSAC. Anyone else in the same boat?

• JDhopeful2021JDhopeful2021 Member
    111 karma

@koza18 said:
    lolol I couldn't even take it???? the server crashed????????? And I'm having trouble getting in touch with LSAC. Anyone else in the same boat?

Lol me... it crashed towards the beginning of my 3rd section. I got in touch with LSAC via their support hotline and they said they'll send everyone impacted an email within the next few days regarding options to reschedule the exam.

• SunnyCanSunnyCan Core Member
    24 karma

I'm scheduled to take it later in the day, and I'm not sure if it will be up and running by then..

• ASMX1963ASMX1963 Member
    65 karma

Yes, mine crashed in the middle of my first section. I cannot get through on any of the LSAC phone number lines. I emailed LSAC and will wait to hear about rescheduling I guess.

• rschade18rschade18 Free Trial Member
    33 karma

I am in the same boat. Couldn’t even finish my first section before it crashed. I sent a complaint and tried to call but kept getting disconnected. I guess I will just wait and see.

• lromo012lromo012 Member
    22 karma

Are we allowed to close out of everything and leave the room? Mine paused during my second session and my proctor just disconnected without saying anything. Is it for sure that the test is just going to be rescheduled or do we need to stay in the room and wait?

33 karma

I disconnected after I tried to contact my proctor, LSAC, and ProctorU. I canceled my score and asked for a refund cause I am applying like… NOW

• Iron-HanIron-Han Member
    184 karma

Advice for those who DID NOT start the exam before LSAC crashed: login to your ProctorU account and use the support chat function to reschedule your exam for tomorrow or Tuesday. It worked for me and others! No promises this crash won't happen again tomorrow...but it's worth a shot (especially if you're like me and unable to take it on the 21st).

• SunnyCanSunnyCan Core Member
    24 karma

I reached out to the chat support on ProctorU and the tech support said that the test is up and running for some. Hopefully it works out!

33 karma

Did anyone leave the LSAT after connectivity issues?

• austinfletcheraustinfletcher Core Member
    3 karma

I joined my ProctorU session and the proctor told me it was a nationwide issue and they weren't letting anyone take the test as of 1:10pm. They shared the LSAC official statement with me and after failing to reach the helpline, I submitted a formal complaint. Hopefully they offer ample opportunity to reschedule.

• jacob.elser2jacob.elser2 Free Trial Member
    63 karma

Lol LSAC be like “I know how to stop Saturday testers from posting about the test online — let’s crash the site in the middle of the test so they don’t know what’s on the test!” Honestly screw those guys

• lromo012lromo012 Member
    22 karma

Also, was anyone able to just pick up where they left off and finish the test?

I feel like for LR and RC that’s so hard to do but for LG that’s kind of a huge advantage because you can just figure everything out during the long break

• 150 karma

Hey, does anyone know how to make your ProctorU stop "bouncing"on Macbook whenever a proctor swaps with another Proctor? It is very distracting

• jjacosbson827jjacosbson827 Core Member
    13 karma

Are we still allowed to use the "Ctrl+F" function on the October LSAT?

• Ajahna94Ajahna94 Member
    223 karma
  • Joanna.BJoanna.B Member
    50 karma

Wait, so if I'm scheduled to take the test later today am I going to be able to or is everything still broken?

• nicolebchinanicolebchina Member
    edited October 2021 29 karma

I know most people had issues but I was able to take it with only a minor connection issue in my last section that was fixed within 5 min!

• brookegojazzbrookegojazz Core Member
    edited October 2021 360 karma

Grateful I was able to take today. Sorry for those who had issues!

• better or worse than august ?

• simipatel1999simipatel1999 Member
    3 karma

@austinfletcher said:
    I joined my ProctorU session and the proctor told me it was a nationwide issue and they weren't letting anyone take the test as of 1:10pm. They shared the LSAC official statement with me and after failing to reach the helpline, I submitted a formal complaint. Hopefully they offer ample opportunity to reschedule.

lol i started mine at 2 pm est and had connectivity issues for like ten seconds but was fine afterwards?????

• 140 karma

I had my test at 1140am but prior to that tried to log into lawhub and noticed it glitching. I thought it was my internet but then my proctor told me it was LSAC. I was told to close out and call. Should I try to reschedule my test on proctor U through chat orrr....wait? I did call and was told I'd get an email to reschedule and that they'll probably at more time slots for tomorrow Tuesday but nothing yet 🥲

• Unser101Unser101 Core Member
    edited October 2021 12 karma

Sorry to hear that many of you were not able to write the test today. My test cut out for 10 seconds but I was able to finish it. Good luck to all who will be writing in the near future!

• jerslanderjerslander Member
    edited October 2021 146 karma

Wrote mine for 12:10 PST. No problems, thankfully. Felt significantly better than August.

• 790 karma

I take the test on Thursday, oct 14th since I am in the UK. Does anyone know if the test being administered this weekend is any indication of the one i'll have? Like should I expect mine to be harder because it's later than everyone else's? I'm a bit worried because some people are saying they felt good about it and that that could possibly mean mine will be harder... any thoughts?

• brandmastbrandmast Core Member
    edited October 2021 12 karma

Had no technical difficulties and had a decent testing experience.

• ArmyFLEP2022ArmyFLEP2022 Core Member
    11 karma

Just completed - They fixed the server issue so thats good. Definitely a harder exam.

• danielarebecadanielarebeca Alum Member
    37 karma

Hi everyone, I was kicked out of my exam for 95 minutes today, mid-section. I was told that I was unable to reconnect to my exam due and would need to rewrite at a later date because of an issue with my webcam which, worked as soon as I refreshed the page. Please know that you can reconnect to the exam on the ProctorU page even if they disconnect the chat icon, you just have to sit for a while.

• jerslanderjerslander Member
    146 karma

It's past 9 EST, is it cool to discuss broad topics, relative difficulty and theorize experimentals now?

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@jerslander said:
    It's past 9 EST, is it cool to discuss broad topics, relative difficulty and theorize experimentals now?

Hi there,

Sorry, no. General discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 9pm ET, Thursday, October 14, 2021.

• wait you’re not allowed to talk about the topics for this exam??

• aishstaraishstar Core Member
    edited October 2021 21 karma

Tested this morning and this exam felt harder than the August one that's for sure.... I also had tech difficulties for the first like 40 minutes so my attention span was not where I needed it to be when I finally started... ugh

• jfmjackjfmjack Member
    edited October 2021 5 karma

HELP
    Had a connectivity problem at the end of my fourth section-- was only disconnected for a few minutes, but had 3 or so minutes in the section when I reconnected. finished the test but was looking to go back and maybe change a few answers.

If I file a complaint with LSAC how delayed will my score be?// has anyone had that problem before? What was your experience

• mrmottermrmotter Core Member
    3 karma

I had some issues with my proctor not returning after the break, which really messed up my mojo. I am considering complaining, cancelling the score, and receiving a coupon for a future LSAT. Any idea if this coupon would let me register for the November exam? Thanks!

• 39 karma

Just finished. I was disconnected twice during the exam, but my proctor kindly paused the whole test to fix the issue. Luckily it was solved pretty quickly.
    My overall impression for this test? A little bit weird😂.

• B_star11B_star11 Member
    edited October 2021 55 karma

surprisingly (but thankfully), no technical issues, and proctor was brief and helpful. overall more difficult exam compared to other recent preptests from 2020 (May, and others on LawHub) in my opinion. also had 2 RC back to back :/

• ivanka cuencaivanka cuenca Core Member
    edited October 2021 52 karma

I have 0 idea how to feel about this exam. I had 2 RC's with LG in between and ended with LR. I feel indifferent. I feel like RC went well but I found LR to be more difficult. Ran out of time on games and completely guessed on the last four questions. Also disconnected for about an hour during the first RC section which was awful. Thinking about retaking in January.

• LegalityLegality Member
    280 karma

I had LG-RC-RC-LR. Fortunate to have had no proctor or connection issues.

• 30 karma

@koza18 said:

Yes, connection crashed. I was shaking I was so nervous. I thought my life was over. But proctor got me back on and I kept going.

• 30 karma

@nicolebchina said:
    I know most people had issues but I was able to take it with only a minor connection issue in my last section that was fixed within 5 min!

Me too! I bounced right back on and finished the test.

• laurennnnlaurennnn Member
    edited October 2021 86 karma

Connectivity issues sound brutal! Sorry everyone that you had to deal w that— talk about a flow killer

• rglusakrglusak Core Member
    128 karma

I had the fattest sigh of relief when I saw my bonus section was another thing of logic games lol

• giulia.pinesgiulia.pines Member
    466 karma

Wait so, people don't get the same bonus section??

I'm shook.

@rglusak said:
    I had the fattest sigh of relief when I saw my bonus section was another thing of logic games lol

• johndhofmannjohndhofmann Member
    18 karma

Has anyone heard anything about if all of these technical difficulties may delay the release of the scores from the October 27th date?

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

besides the annoyance with the programs I had to download, I had a decent testing experience as well. My test was 7am EST on Saturday.

• LEKPK222LEKPK222 Member
    46 karma

I had a two hour delay - I logged in at 9:50am (test time), got through section 1 (LG) and half of section 2 (LR), then the site went down. There was literally nothing I could do for 2 hours, but wasn't about to leave the test until they made me. I finished around 2:25pm. For future test takers, the best I can say is be patient, don't panic! Your work won't be lost and I didn't lose any time. This was my first time taking it so I'm not sure what to expect of my score!

• 54 karma

Wait WHAT? I took it on Saturday at 11:00am and I had no connection issue or whatsoever. When did this thing happen?

• fifi0614fifi0614 Member
    3 karma

@MonkeyMammoth24 said:
    I take the test on Thursday, oct 14th since I am in the UK. Does anyone know if the test being administered this weekend is any indication of the one i'll have? Like should I expect mine to be harder because it's later than everyone else's? I'm a bit worried because some people are saying they felt good about it and that that could possibly mean mine will be harder... any thoughts?

I highly doubt yours will be harder just because it's the last day the Oct LSAT will be administered. I'm not completely clear on how/when they decide which version of the test to give but I'm willing to bet that they have decided far in advance that version 1 will be administered day 1, version 2 day 2, etc. If you haven't already, join the LSAT subreddit. People on there know much more than me

• g-moneyg-money Live Member
    29 karma

@jjacosbson827 said:
    Are we still allowed to use the "Ctrl+F" function on the October LSAT?

Does anyone know if this will still be an option for the November?

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

@170Please-1, It happened in early afternoon, at least it was around early afternoon for US EST and CDT timezones.