Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ProctorU: 45 minutes of "technical difficulties"

giulia.pinesgiulia.pines Member
edited October 2021 in October 2021 LSAT 466 karma

I don't know whether to be super sad or super angry right now, so I'll settle on both. My test ended up starting 45 minutes late because of "technical difficulties." NOT ON MY END; I checked everything the night before. On THEIR end, and they were just really unfriendly and unhelpful about it. I could not possibly hate ProctorU more if you paid me.

The connection kept on "dropping," according to them. I went through multiple technical agents. They told me to change my privacy settings, reboot my computer, and on and on and on.

By the time I actually got into the test, I was so flustered it didn't even matter that I'd studied for 9 months, felt 100% ready, and was eerily calm in the days leading up to the test. I already knew I wasn't going to do well, and I'm pretty sure I bombed the first half.

Now, luckily I was smart enough to sign up for November, so in another month I get to do this all again (joy!). I just feel like such a tremendous failure right now; like I wasted 9 months of my life, like it was stupid of me to dare hope I could do something as challenging as go to law school.

Commiserate with me, please.

Comments

• WhatIsLifeWhatIsLife Member
    810 karma

I'm sorry you had to go through that, I honestly despise LSAC. I'm taking the test in November and I have no trust in them to not be as incompetent next month

• giulia.pinesgiulia.pines Member
    466 karma

@Jagbirh said:
    I'm sorry you had to go through that, I honestly despise LSAC. I'm taking the test in November and I have no trust in them to not be as incompetent next month

Oh thank you. I despise them too but in this case it was purely ProctorU. (Although reading the other thread, LSAC was responsible for the major screw-ups yesterday).

• BlueRiceCakeBlueRiceCake Member
    edited October 2021 302 karma

I've seen your comments around the discussion forum and thought you were really helpful. I'm sorry about all that ridiculousness you have had to deal with since I genuinely think you're someone who has the ability to do really well on the test and I'm sure you'll do great in November, if LSAC can keep their shit together. Forward is the only direction to go from here. Best of luck

• Determined_-1Determined_-1 Member
    919 karma

Please, don't feel like a failure. I have seen your posts before and used to think "Dang! This girl is improving and is doing so well". These difficulties were outside of your control, and if you listen to the podcasts on 7Sage, many, many excellent scorers like yourself had these issues before. You WILL take this test and do amazing, no matter when it is. You WILL look back and realize this was just a small hurdle you had to jump.

Don't give up, especially in your attitude.

466 karma

@BlueRiceCake @wadduppeeeeeps That's really lovely to hear. Thanks to both of you; I appreciate it.

• delfinmortondelfinmorton Core Member
    21 karma

I came down with Covid pretty severely a couple of days before the test, and pushed through and took it anyway. Was surprised by my score not absolutely tanking, but was still nowhere where I was testing at. I am also taking the November test and am much more prepared this time around.

• LegallyBrunette21LegallyBrunette21 Yearly Member
    500 karma

Same issue here! I was scheduled for 10:10am and did not start until almost 11:00am. Just like you, I am happy that at least I have November as backup.

I like to think now I know what the worst case scenario of external factors could be, so it cannot get any worse in November!

• Elle KoodsElle Koods Member
    134 karma

I hear you, same thing happened to me for the Aug. take - mine was pushed back 60 minutes after multiple disconnection and change of proctor 2 times... it was my 1st take and really bothered me. Although I do not completely blame this tech glitch for my failing the Aug take, but it did leave me in total numbness (and by the time the test started at 3pm, i was very hungry...). Shit happens, all we can do is to make a lemonade :)

Let's kill the Nov take!

466 karma

Thanks all, for your reinforcement.

I'm still beating myself up but I do know I'm capable of so much better. Oh well, at least I have another month to drill before November.

The good news is that even though I'm pretty sure I bombed LG (seriously, I normally finish with time to spare and get -1/2 and this time I was actually aware of my brain not working properly and making stupid mistakes, but was powerless to stop it in the moment), the rest of the test felt relatively easy (finished every section with time to spare, didn't have a single WTF question I got stuck on, etc).

466 karma

@"Elle Koods" said:
    I hear you, same thing happened to me for the Aug. take - mine was pushed back 60 minutes after multiple disconnection and change of proctor 2 times... it was my 1st take and really bothered me. Although I do not completely blame this tech glitch for my failing the Aug take, but it did leave me in total numbness (and by the time the test started at 3pm, i was very hungry...). Shit happens, all we can do is to make a lemonade :)

Let's kill the Nov take!

The being hungry part would kill me. As it is, I only had a headache and had to pee the entire time hahaaa.

• haleyplatt27haleyplatt27 Member
    44 karma

I completely relate to being thrown off. My testing session was interrupted with LSAC's glitch on Saturday and I had to start again 3 hours later. I tried to stay as calm as possible, but it definitely shakes you up! Just know you tried your best and I'm sure 9 months of studying paid off!

466 karma

Well I got a 166 on that terrible, horrible, no good, very bad LSAT. I had hoped if I could hold firm at 168 (my top PT score) I might have a chance of 170 in November. But with everything they threw at me technical-wise, I'm also...kind of okay with my score?

Onward to the November test and good luck everybody.