Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the entire course necessary?

Aaron123Aaron123 Member
in General 51 karma

I am taking the LSAT in a approximately three months. Anyone have any suggestions for how can go through the course a little quicker but efficiently as well? Can I skip parts of the lessons?

Comments

• WhatIsLifeWhatIsLife Member
    810 karma

I think it will depend on your study materials and overall plan. If this is the only source of information then I think it will help you to go through the entire course slowly but surely. In three months you can get through it, plus the hours it shows is more then the hours it will actually take for the most part.

Or you can try supplementing materials instead, like for example I read the LSAT trainer and then went through the power score bibles so I'm mainly using Logic Games sections and just drillling out game after game on 7sage. If you haven't started studying I highly suggest getting the LSAT Trainer and completing it from page to page. It covers the entire test, isn't too long and you'll finish knowing exactly what areas you think you need to focus on.

• Aaron123Aaron123 Member
    51 karma

Thank you so much. This is my only source of studying so I'll be taking this pretty seriously. If you think I can get through it than I think that should work for me.

But is this timeframe for completing the course including Practice tests?

• genfuk123genfuk123 Member
    edited October 2021 10 karma

I just took my lsat yesterday and also did this course in 3 months— I was able to run through the video lessons and do a few of the psets in about 2 weeks, and took the rest of the time using the practice test and blind review.

I think it was super helpful for me, and I would suggest that you def leave lots of time for blind review as long as you have a good grasp of the key concepts being covered— middle of blind review is where I saw my score jump (avg 165 -> 171)

Disclaimers:
    * Videos at 1.5-2x speed depending on how well I felt like I was absorbing the content, an moving on from the recommended psets once I felt I had a good grasp of the point they were trying to make

• I had already done some self study and watched some free videos on khan academy before paying/ starting 7sage— I def would’ve taken longer to get through the substance if it was my first introduction to it
  • giulia.pinesgiulia.pines Member
    466 karma

In a word, no. I went into it after trying other study methods that hadn't worked, but I already had a solid foundation in all three section types. I definitely did very in-depth LR studying since I wanted to get better at identifying question stems, knowing what to look for, predicting answers, and it really helped (I went from getting -10 per section to getting 2-3). With LG/RC I found the problem sets invaluable, but also used PowerScore to firm up some concepts and found that helped me increase my score more.

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

I would say don't feel pressured to do every problem set for every question, especially if it's a question type you feel strongly about. Definitely do not skip the lessons on conditional logic as these are foundational to your success. I think it took me round 2ish months to go through the majority of the core curriculum. This would leave you about a month to do roughly 8 practice tests if you do 2 a week. \

Everyone is also different, if you scored over a 160 on your diagnostic then you probably have a solid intuitive understanding. But if you scored <150 then the entire course is definitely important to build that foundation.

• lizzogonzolizzogonzo Member
    628 karma

I wouldn't skip the LR and LG portions. Personally I found the RC portion of the CC to be the least helpful, but it depends on where you're at with reading comp in general. And like someone said, doing all the problem sets isn't necessary, but do as many as you need to until you understand the concepts.

Also this is going to depend on your score goals. A score in the 150s/low 160s is possible in 3 months. But if your diagnostic was in the 140s or below, and you want at least a 90th percentile score then 3 months might not be enough time. If you're comfortable sharing your diagnostic/goal score then people can give you more specific advice, but hope this helps :)

• 316 karma

I don't think all of the videos are super necessary. Sometimes they can be legitimately confusing and make you overthink easy questions. 7Sage has been awesome because of the amount of content it offers and the explanation videos.