Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official October 2021 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Comments

• rl4rwrl4rw Member
    17 karma

International taker here. According to reddit, it seems that LSAC reused the LG (Security, Class Enrollment, Parade, Book Purchase) and the RC sections (Substansive justice, Paranormal, Beebop Jazz, Polyaspartate) from Feb 2013 in Asia. These two section are also used for Nov. 2017 make-up session.

• donewiththisdonewiththis Free Trial Member
    36 karma

@JDhopeful2021 said:
    @donewiththis I took it yesterday as well. Ah, you're probably right, they might be different sections... I don't remember the section breakdowns super clearly. How did you feel about the sections? I just know that I thought my 2nd LR section was harder (I think my second LR section had something about methane, canonical literature, and banal/innovative music). My 2nd LR section was also the very last section on the test and I lost 2 minutes due to connectivity issues, so those reasons might be why I thought it was harder :(. Interested to hear your thoughts!

Thanks:) i remember none of the questions about methane, canonical literature, and banal/innovative music, so sorry about that... For me the first LR(the one with art gallery) was harder, maybe because i did not arrange my time properly. The second (the one with governmental subsidies) was better. I also remember in the second one there was only one parallel/flawed parallel question in the last 10 questions, with a only-most-some conditional logic. And do you remember which section has 3 disagreement type as other test-taker mentioned above?
    Btw I felt the hardest part was RC for me, for RC has always been my weakest part.

• JDhopeful2021JDhopeful2021 Member
    111 karma

@donewiththis thank you, this is helpful! I believe the government subsidy section was the one with a ton of disagreement questions.

36 karma

@JDhopeful2021 said:
    @donewiththis thank you, this is helpful! I believe the government subsidy section was the one with a ton of disagreement questions.

Oh that's also helpful! Thanks so much!!

• hseyeonhseyeon Alum Member
    4 karma

Test-takers BEWARE
    I'm so glad to have found this forum because I've been wanting to share my recent LSAT experience with those who might find it helpful.

I took mine on October 12 in the morning and it wasn't the best experience. After jumping through various hoops before actually starting the test, my proctor (who did not have the best pronunciation and microphone and gave me a hard time understanding) shut down the entire exam as I was going through the second LG set in the first section. The abrupt shut down wreaked havoc on my pace and brought me all kinds of emotions (in a bad way). Anyway, when I asked him what that was about he said that I needed to "fit in the frame" so he knows that I'm not cheating. Obviously, I had to take a recording of all my surroundings and show it to him AND lift my heavy iMac all around to ensure that I didn't have anything other than a few pieces of pencils, blank scratch papers, and an ID. But that didn't satisfy him and he had to stop me in the middle of the section like that. At any rate, I told him that I was only using the scratch papers and at least during the first session, I won't be able to "show my face in his frame (the frame didn't show on my end)" because I will keep slouching to solve the problems on paper. He seemed to nod it off and the test restarted. A few moments later, he shut down the exam AGAIN and told me the same thing (that my face had to show). This time, I got frustrated and upset and told him that if that's what he's expecting from me for the remainder of the exam, I wouldn't be able to give it to him because I've done everything I can in my power (recording and showing him around my test site and explaining him to him on the first shut down) to comply to the rules and take the test. At that point, he couldn't rebut and just let me resume the exam. But those shut downs really hurt my pace, confidence, and concentration level and I filed a formal complaint with LSAT to address this horrible experience.

I'm posting this with the hope that no other person would have to go through the same thing! Sorry if my comment is off-topic but I thought it would still be valuable.

• jimjim1212jimjim1212 Member
    24 karma

Am I the only one who thought the Mali one was better than the Frederick Douglass RC?

• jerslanderjerslander Member
    146 karma

LG-LR-LR-RC

LG: food specials, teams, cities, plants: thought it was alright, felt standard.
    LRs: Don't remember anything. First was 26, second was 25. Hoping the 25 one was the real one. Lmk if you had a similar test or remember topics.
    RC: Mali, evolution, short stories, paternalism. I thought it was okay? Hoping I'm not crazy

Overall, felt like a balanced test. @ me if you have any insight into the double lrs.

• LegalityLegality Member
    280 karma

I thought the Mali and the Frederick Douglass sections were similar in difficulty. That said, I really hoped Mali would be experimental because my dumb ass panicked and changed a right answer to a wrong one with like 5 seconds left on the clock because I got way too in my head about things. Whoops. A bit pissed off I cost myself the point, but ultimately felt confident about the RC section. Short stories had a couple hard questions, but ultimately I found it to be pretty moderate.

LR felt easy to me too, with the exception of one question that I kept changing my AC on. First three LGs were super easy and I got to the duet game with 13 minutes left on the clock and still had to guess on some questions.

Still, feeling pretty good about things. Probably got around a 170, although I'm holding out hope my guesses on the last LG were good ones and I got a 173 or higher!

36 karma

Pretty sure that we have 2 real RC and 2 real LG for different days,while not so sure whether there is only 1 real LR.

36 karma

@hseyeon said:
    Test-takers BEWARE
    I'm so glad to have found this forum because I've been wanting to share my recent LSAT experience with those who might find it helpful.

I took mine on October 12 in the morning and it wasn't the best experience. After jumping through various hoops before actually starting the test, my proctor (who did not have the best pronunciation and microphone and gave me a hard time understanding) shut down the entire exam as I was going through the second LG set in the first section. The abrupt shut down wreaked havoc on my pace and brought me all kinds of emotions (in a bad way). Anyway, when I asked him what that was about he said that I needed to "fit in the frame" so he knows that I'm not cheating. Obviously, I had to take a recording of all my surroundings and show it to him AND lift my heavy iMac all around to ensure that I didn't have anything other than a few pieces of pencils, blank scratch papers, and an ID. But that didn't satisfy him and he had to stop me in the middle of the section like that. At any rate, I told him that I was only using the scratch papers and at least during the first session, I won't be able to "show my face in his frame (the frame didn't show on my end)" because I will keep slouching to solve the problems on paper. He seemed to nod it off and the test restarted. A few moments later, he shut down the exam AGAIN and told me the same thing (that my face had to show). This time, I got frustrated and upset and told him that if that's what he's expecting from me for the remainder of the exam, I wouldn't be able to give it to him because I've done everything I can in my power (recording and showing him around my test site and explaining him to him on the first shut down) to comply to the rules and take the test. At that point, he couldn't rebut and just let me resume the exam. But those shut downs really hurt my pace, confidence, and concentration level and I filed a formal complaint with LSAT to address this horrible experience.

I'm posting this with the hope that no other person would have to go through the same thing! Sorry if my comment is off-topic but I thought it would still be valuable.

Oh I believe that's definitely a collection of worst situations... So sorry to hear that. Every time I take the test there's some technical problems so I think I do understand the panic. Hope you still get a good score!

• msaleebymsaleeby Free Trial Member
    32 karma

@jimjim1212 said:
    Am I the only one who thought the Mali one was better than the Frederick Douglass RC?

Yes, yes you are. I don't remember any of the details in any of the Mali, Paternalism, Story or Evolution passages, do you? I can't find anyone else who does either

• @hseyeon Oh, gosh. I had almost the same experience as you. And I had problem to understand the proctor's STRONG accent. In my first section-LG, with 8 mins left, he interrupted me and ask me to show him ID! With 8 mins left. I was totally on panics. I asked him later why he did this, he told me he thought that I had finished. Can I message you?

• My test proctor asked me to show him ID when I was still on the fourth Game with 8 mins left. Show him ID when I still have 8 mins left. I had finished all the security check before I started. And he has a strong accent and I couldn't understand what he was talking about when he suddenly open the mic and shouted at me. He also took control of my computer system and did not PAUSE the timer.

And later i asked him why he asked me to show him my ID he told me he thought I had finished. It doesn't make sense at all. On the screen it says "8:00 min left". What kind of proctor will ask a test taker to show ID during the test??

Did he do that just for fun?? But I wasted about 3 mins on the LG section and psychologically ruined because of his action.

It's just totally a nightmare. I filed the formal complain with LSAC but haven't heard back from them.

Hope no-one here will run into the same situation as me. 😭

• baeya333baeya333 Member
    10 karma

@InsertTextHere The comparative female author passage absolutely DESTROYED me as well. Glad I'm not the only one... based on forums I can't seem to figure out if that was on the experimental section or not :/

edited October 2021 24 karma

@msaleeby said:

@jimjim1212 said:

Yes, yes you are. I don't remember any of the details in any of the Mali, Paternalism, Story or Evolution passages, do you? I can't find anyone else who does either

I remember the content for Mali, Paternalism, Evolution but not Story. What do you want to know? I think honestly it was because I had Mali first I was more fresh and therefore Frederick Douglass felt harder after.

@Legality said:
    I thought the Mali and the Frederick Douglass sections were similar in difficulty. That said, I really hoped Mali would be experimental because my dumb ass panicked and changed a right answer to a wrong one with like 5 seconds left on the clock because I got way too in my head about things. Whoops. A bit pissed off I cost myself the point, but ultimately felt confident about the RC section. Short stories had a couple hard questions, but ultimately I found it to be pretty moderate.

LR felt easy to me too, with the exception of one question that I kept changing my AC on. First three LGs were super easy and I got to the duet game with 13 minutes left on the clock and still had to guess on some questions.

Still, feeling pretty good about things. Probably got around a 170, although I'm holding out hope my guesses on the last LG were good ones and I got a 173 or higher!

What do you usually PT? Seems like we had a similar test day experience so I'm trying to gauge what we got.

This test could honestly be an insane score if I somehow guessed right on those two LG questions but most likely won't be the case. Did you also happen to narrow those hard last duet game questions to like 2 answers each then guess?

• ASMX1963ASMX1963 Member
    65 karma

For people who only had 1 LR section, do you remember if you had 25 or 26 questions? I had 2 LR sections and am trying to get a sense if most people had 25 or 26 questions in their section.

32 karma

@jimjim1212 said:

@msaleeby said:

@jimjim1212 said:

I remember the content for Mali, Paternalism, Evolution but not Story. What do you want to know? I think honestly it was because I had Mali first I was more fresh and therefore Frederick Douglass felt harder after.

Ah, true that makes. I had it as my 1st RC too, but I think I was fresher for the 2nd RC after the break. Any details really. I remember the Mali passage about the terra cotta artifacts in an old PT, but can't remember anything about the one from this test. Everyone on reddit mentions it and Paternalism but just that they found it difficult. I just want to remember something about them to see if I can recall. I'm hoping the talk about it on the Powerscore Podcast which I think comes out tonight

• ledkarlyledkarly Member
    483 karma

Following

Really hoping the 26 questions one was the experimental.

@asoli977 said:
    For people who only had 1 LR section, do you remember if you had 25 or 26 questions? I had 2 LR sections and am trying to get a sense if most people had 25 or 26 questions in their section.

@msaleeby said:

@jimjim1212 said:

@msaleeby said:

@jimjim1212 said:

Ah, true that makes. I had it as my 1st RC too, but I think I was fresher for the 2nd RC after the break. Any details really. I remember the Mali passage about the terra cotta artifacts in an old PT, but can't remember anything about the one from this test. Everyone on reddit mentions it and Paternalism but just that they found it difficult. I just want to remember something about them to see if I can recall. I'm hoping the talk about it on the Powerscore Podcast which I think comes out tonight

Not sure if I can discuss this so mods feel free to remove this but Mali was about democracy vs. colonialism with a interesting ancient analogy and paternalism was about big brother gov't and why it's not always bad.

483 karma

Did you have one or 2 LR? > @jimjim1212 said:

@msaleeby said:

@jimjim1212 said:

@msaleeby said:

@jimjim1212 said:

Not sure if I can discuss this so mods feel free to remove this but Mali was about democracy vs. colonialism with a interesting ancient analogy and paternalism was about big brother gov't and why it's not always bad.

24 karma

@ledkarly said:

@msaleeby said:

@jimjim1212 said:

@msaleeby said:

@jimjim1212 said:

LG - RC - RC - LR

483 karma

how Many questions did your LR have? > @jimjim1212 said:

@ledkarly said:

@msaleeby said:

@jimjim1212 said:

@msaleeby said:

@jimjim1212 said:

LG - RC - RC - LR

32 karma

@jimjim1212 said:

@msaleeby said:

@jimjim1212 said:

@msaleeby said:

@jimjim1212 said:

Thank you! I remember now that you said that. Thanks again

32 karma

@ledkarly said:
    Following

Really hoping the 26 questions one was the experimental.

@asoli977 said:

• gpoudrie-1gpoudrie-1 Member
    90 karma

LR - RC - LR - LG. Was I the only one who had this order? First LR had to be experimental; was 5x harder than the second LR, which was a piece of cake. The RC I had was about Paternalism, Mali, Short Stories, and Human Evolution. Tbh, this RC killed me. The passages were horribly written, dense, and the questions and ACs felt harder to grasp. I just didn't feel prepared for the rigor based on the 70s and 80s PTs, all of which I have done. LG was a piece of cake. Honestly just praying for a 160.

• Ajahna94Ajahna94 Member
    223 karma

Just finished. Not sure how to feel about it yet, but I know I'm glad I took it and it's over for now. I had RC-LR-LG-LR. The RC seemed very hard and I got interrupted so I was a bit distracted anyway. The first LR seemed easier than the last. LG games were ok but I completely guessed on the second to last game.

There is a sigh of relief, but now I'm anxious to know what I got. I hope and pray it's above a 150 but I just don't know.

Nevertheless, We did it!! Congrats to everyone who took it (especially those (me) who had to retake it due the law hub outage last week.

I'll be counting down the days for my score, but for now, I will work on my applications, and enjoy things that I felt guilty of doing because it was taking up my study time...THAT I do look forward to.

• 9 karma

@InsertTextHere said:
    Had RC - LG - RC - LR

LR was fair. LG was pretty straightforward until the last game which I pretty much guessed. My first RC had one passage about paternalistic law & working hours and was in general okay. The second RC was BRUTAL. The first two passages with about 8 questions each, and the comparative passage was about a female author (I believe) and I was totally destroyed by it. Read it twice but still couldn't answer most of the questions and ended up just guessing random answers.

Sunday test taker - had both of these passages. The comparative passage was crazy tough. Went RC,LR,LG,LR

• nwsulichnwsulich Free Trial Member
    edited October 2021 2 karma

LR-RC-LG-LR
    Can't remember any of the first LR questions, but I think it had 25Qs.
    RC was the jazz/bebop one.
    LG felt easier than normal and the first game had managers and security clearances.
    Last LR had a question about clay soil and acidic soil but that's all I can remember. (if anyone with one LR remembers this Q, let me know)

• I took the exam tuesday and had LG-RC-LR-LG. I cannot figure out which LG was experimental. Can anyone with one LG give some insight? One game that sticks out had music duets with violinists and pianists I think, and it was difficult for me. I remember my RC having passages about a spanish novel being ironic and another was about a bill restricting women's labor laws. I can't remember an LR example off the top of my head, but so far I haven't seen any familiar questions on this forum. I'd probably remember if I had seen something or not.

• ASMX1963ASMX1963 Member
    65 karma

@christinasmith1110 said:
    I took the exam tuesday and had LG-RC-LR-LG. I cannot figure out which LG was experimental. Can anyone with one LG give some insight? One game that sticks out had music duets with violinists and pianists I think, and it was difficult for me. I remember my RC having passages about a spanish novel being ironic and another was about a bill restricting women's labor laws. I can't remember an LR example off the top of my head, but so far I haven't seen any familiar questions on this forum. I'd probably remember if I had seen something or not.

I only had 1 LG section and it included the duet/musicians game.

• annafaithkimannafaithkim Core Member
    86 karma

@baeya333 said:
    2 RC for me, one being very easy and the other super difficult... Easier section had a passage about Outkast. Anyone with 1 RC remember this?

Yes I had that test too. Omg glad I'm not the only one who thought that one of the RCs was a lot more difficult that the other.

• 31 karma

Took the test on 10/12 afternoon. Had RC-LG-RC-LR

First RC is about:
    1. Mali history and democracy
    2. biology evolution assumption, adaptation not perfect
    3. Dear Life (comparative)
    4. paternalism

Second RC topics:
    1. rap music, innovation
    2. comparative: one-sided contract
    3. blackmail
    4. dichotomy

For LR, I only remember a strengthening question about humid air being the cause for rain amount increase together with tempreture drop. I kept thinking about this question even after the test ended. And I think the correct answer should be the one about irrigation from deep well? though in the test I didn't pick this one LOL...

• 31 karma

Any one knows whether Powerscore will release a review podcast for this October LSAT?

32 karma

@MikeBoyegingepie said:
    Took the test on 10/12 afternoon. Had RC-LG-RC-LR

First RC is about:
    1. Mali history and democracy
    2. biology evolution assumption, adaptation not perfect
    3. Dear Life (comparative)
    4. paternalism

Second RC topics:
    1. rap music, innovation
    2. comparative: one-sided contract
    3. blackmail
    4. dichotomy

For LR, I only remember a strengthening question about humid air being the cause for rain amount increase together with tempreture drop. I kept thinking about this question even after the test ended. And I think the correct answer should be the one about irrigation from deep well? though in the test I didn't pick this one LOL...

Thanks for this!

• hills1111hills1111 Member
    116 karma

@MikeBoyegingepie said:
    Any one knows whether Powerscore will release a review podcast for this October LSAT?

They said on Twitter that one will be released this week

146 karma

Okay I recall some details on my LR sections:

26 LR: Disease incidence in mountain and lowland oppossums, mayor using offensive terms, iron vs rock meteorites, stone tools.

25 LR: Fruit juice with added colors, moral culpability during lucid dreaming, moral behavior and severe harm.

Some other questions that I remember but don't recall which sections: firing employees at a news station to save costs, paleolithic fishing/agriculture.

If you had a single lr, please @ if any of these ring a bell. If you had dubs and both ring a bell, please lmk what topics went to which sections and if you can recall any others.

• brookegojazzbrookegojazz Core Member
    edited October 2021 360 karma

@jerslander said:

26 LR: Disease incidence in mountain and lowland oppossums, mayor using offensive terms, iron vs rock meteorites, stone tools.

25 LR: Fruit juice with added colors, moral culpability during lucid dreaming, moral behavior and severe harm.

Some other questions that I remember but don't recall which sections: firing employees at a news station to save costs, paleolithic fishing/agriculture.

If you had a single lr, please @ if any of these ring a bell. If you had dubs and both ring a bell, please lmk what topics went to which sections and if you can recall any others.

Pretty sure I had both these LR (LG, LR, LR, RC order) I took Saturday afternoon (miraculously apparently because so many people couldn't). I also had the mali/paternalism RC that people are talking about. I can't remember much from the sections but the ? topics you said rang a bell, especially the iron/rock meteorite one.

• hills1111hills1111 Member
    116 karma

@jerslander said:

I only had one LR and your first topics sound familiar as well as a question about children vs adults learning through play if that rings a bell for you. My only LR had 26q.

146 karma

@hills1111 said:

@jerslander said:

I only had one LR and your first topics sound familiar as well as a question about children vs adults learning through play if that rings a bell for you. My only LR had 26q.

Yikes, the adults vs children learning through play does ring a bell. If that was in the 26Q and was your only LR, that's a little unfortunate since I definitely found the 26Q one to be harder.

• markjun5049markjun5049 Member
    edited October 2021 39 karma

Thank you, had my question answered.

• whatlikeitshardwhatlikeitshard Alum Member
    219 karma

@MikeBoyegingepie said:

I'm sure they will! Not sure when yet but I'm watching for it because I'm interested to listen to it!

• whatlikeitshardwhatlikeitshard Alum Member
    219 karma

@christinasmith1110 said:
    I took the exam tuesday and had LG-RC-LR-LG. I cannot figure out which LG was experimental. Can anyone with one LG give some insight? One game that sticks out had music duets with violinists and pianists I think, and it was difficult for me. I remember my RC having passages about a spanish novel being ironic and another was about a bill restricting women's labor laws. I can't remember an LR example off the top of my head, but so far I haven't seen any familiar questions on this forum. I'd probably remember if I had seen something or not.

I had an RC with a spanish novel being ironic as well! Did not have women's labor laws but did have tipping employees and hominid evolution. Did not get to the 4th reading passage...yikes. Also had 2 LGs and trying to figure out which was experimental.

32 karma

@whatlikeitshard said:

@MikeBoyegingepie said:

I'm sure they will! Not sure when yet but I'm watching for it because I'm interested to listen to it!

Today (Tuesday 19th) between 12 and 2 est.

• 66 karma

@baeya333 Unfortunately based on reddit discussion I think the really hard female author comparative passage was from the real section...*sigh

146 karma

Okay, follow up on my previous post on LR. I think I mixed up topics since a lot of the topics I attributed to the 26 LR actually belonged to a 25 LR, which was supposedly real according to the powerscore guys.

Here are some real 25 question topics (there seemed to be two real 25s?): Blameworthiness, spelling ability to predict academic ability, psychics vs psychologists, chemical plant, beans and amino acids, disease incidence in opossums, iron and rock meteorites, rainfall and temperature changes/summer humidity levels, apparent generosity, GHB and heart disease.

Here are experimental topics: : roasted chicken, tyranny.

A different section had this: Moas, Earth and its hot core, tickets on overseas time shares, ducks getting stuck in fishing nets, California vs cockney dialects.

A different section: vitamin E and broccoli, a country should classify a species as endangered.

Possible different section: Yoncole Fruit juice w/ added sugars and coloring, lucid dreaming and moral culpability, characteristics of a persuasive speaker

Please double check and @ me if this sounds about right, it's around the 47:10 mark for the real ones and 51:10 for experimentals. Lmk if the any of the topics on the experimental seemed to belong to a 26 Q LR.

• patra5cgpatra5cg Member
    109 karma

I had LR-LG-RC-LR. One LR had 25 questions, the other one had 26 questions. Is there any chance that the 25 question LR being the real one?? (Really hoped it is cuz the other one is much harder...)

32 karma

@patra5cg said:
    I had LR-LG-RC-LR. One LR had 25 questions, the other one had 26 questions. Is there any chance that the 25 question LR being the real one?? (Really hoped it is cuz the other one is much harder...)

Check out the powerscore podcast. They released the October lsat recap today

• laurennnnlaurennnn Member
    86 karma

@InsertTextHere said:
    Had RC - LG - RC - LR

LR was fair. LG was pretty straightforward until the last game which I pretty much guessed. My first RC had one passage about paternalistic law & working hours and was in general okay. The second RC was BRUTAL. The first two passages with about 8 questions each, and the comparative passage was about a female author (I believe) and I was totally destroyed by it. Read it twice but still couldn't answer most of the questions and ended up just guessing random answers.

I had the same sections as you. Same impression about RC: for one (the easy one, imo), the comparative passage was on Frederick Douglass. Pretty cruise. The other one, the comparative passage was on Alice Munro. I have read Alice Munro. I LIKE Alice Munro. But this passage my WORD just let me go softly, LSAT.

• laurennnnlaurennnn Member
    86 karma

@qs2159 said:
    @baeya333 yep I had one about outkast/rap and mali,evolution,paternalism for the other RC section. It seems the mali one may be the real one (internal screaming)

Yeah, the Mali/evolution/Alice Munro/paternalism must have been real. I also had an RC section with a compare passage A/B on whether Frederick Douglass was a closet libertarian (as someone with a PhD in 19thc history, that was lolz). The Alice Munro one fucked me on time... super hard, tons of questions, so had to rush through the paternalist law passage at the end.