Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Formal complaint wait time

Has anyone had to file a formal complaint with LSAC about tech issues/wanting to retake? I filed yesterday and I’m wondering how long until I hear back…the retest is less than a week away so I need to know soon…

Comments

• I haven't heard back as well until now.

• 790 karma

@lookbeyondlightisthere said:
    I haven't heard back as well until now.

When did you file? Does “until now” mean you just heard back?

• @MonkeyMammoth24 Oh no. I mean I did not heard back.

I called them two days ago. And I filed on my LSAC account yesterday morning.

• 790 karma

@MonkeyMammoth24 Oh no. I mean I did not heard back.

I called them two days ago. And I filed on my LSAC account yesterday morning.

Ok, I filed at about 12 pm yesterday. Update me if you hear back. I don’t want to find out I’m taking a retake the day before 😵

• @MonkeyMammoth24

Sure. I understand the frustration.

• a_pmorenoca_pmorenoc Member
    633 karma

I was supposed to write Tuesday until ProctorU issues happened and I called LSAC back today since I haven't gotten an email yet as they say to wait 24-48hrs, and they said they're still sending out emails :/

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

@MonkeyMammoth24 I filed a complaint to LSAC when I took the June 2021 due to 2 hours delay and multiple disconnections. LSAC got back to me in a few days giving me a retake. I would touch base with LSAC to check on your case and advocate your situation to them. Best of luck! 🙂

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

Definitely call, make sure you do everything on your end to get your test rescheduled.

633 karma

I just called for an update and they assured me that all the emails to reschedule will be sent out latest by tomorrow night!

• 790 karma

@a_pmorenoc said:
    I just called for an update and they assured me that all the emails to reschedule will be sent out latest by tomorrow night!

Thanks so much for letting me know. I called as well but the lady didn’t seem to know anything lol

• 790 karma

@sarakimmel said:
    Definitely call, make sure you do everything on your end to get your test rescheduled.

Definitely have been calling every night! Need to stay on top of them 😂

• still waiting for emails. No updates now. 😢

• Just totally nuts. The last one on Oct is on 21st. And it's 16th already.

• Hi, did anyone receive the email from LSAC? Thank you!

• OkabinatorOkabinator Member
    39 karma

Not yet

633 karma

nope, super annoyed at this point

• lawstudent2022lawstudent2022 Core Member
    12 karma

Nothing yet..

• Nothing yet. 😒Btw, may I ask did you ask for “cancel the score” when you submit the complaint?

• 790 karma

I have heard nothing yet. I called yesterday and they said "definitely by Monday," but they also said by Friday last week. So not sure if thats even true. I said keep LSAT score because I didn't want them to cancel my score if I wasn't granted a retake.

• bella900bella900 Member
    47 karma

I'm also still waiting to hear back about my complaint.

633 karma

Just got the email from LSAC to reschedule!

• 790 karma

@a_pmorenoc said:

Shit! I didn’t get one!

• agraumanagrauman Member
    57 karma

I just got an email about it as well, but I called about it and they said they're still sending out emails

• 790 karma

@agrauman said:
    I just got an email about it as well, but I called about it and they said they're still sending out emails

ok, thanks for the info! I appreciate it.

• Thank you for the update and information. I haven't received yet. I am going to call them again now.

• edited October 2021 268 karma

Just called, the rep. told me they are still sending the email now. BUT if we don't receive the email by today, then we might not be able for an oct. retake seat.

• Gosh, still no update or email from LSAC.

• edited October 2021 790 karma

Gosh, still no update or email from LSAC.

Me either...getting extremely nervous. I finished my Oct LSAT but had serious tech issues so that's why I'm asking for a retake. I'm really nervous that since I finished my exam they won't grant my retake...

@MonkeyMammoth24 Sorry about your experience. I was interrupted by the proctor during my first section. When I had about 9 mins left on that section and was doing the last game, the proctor took control of my system and asked me to show him my ID and do a security check when the time was still running. He didn't pause the exam and later he told me he thought "I have finished my test and it's my rest time". I ruined the last game and sabotaged the later sections.

I also finished the test and chose "keep the score" under the same concern as yours. I am really nervous this is the reason they refuse to give me a retake in their OCT retake.(with limited test seats). Besides, I have a high 160+ scores on file. I worried LSAC specifically "choose" someone to get the retake chance.

Good luck to both of us.

• 790 karma

@MonkeyMammoth24 Sorry about your experience. I was interrupted by the proctor during my first section. When I had about 9 mins left on that section and was doing the last game, the proctor took control of my system and asked me to show him my ID and do a security check when the time was still running. He didn't pause the exam and later he told me he thought "I have finished my test and it's my rest time". I ruined the last game and sabotaged the later sections.

I also finished the test and chose "keep the score" under the same concern as yours. I am really nervous this is the reason they refuse to give me a retake in their OCT retake.(with limited test seats). Besides, I have a high 160+ scores on file. I worried LSAC specifically "choose" someone to get the retake chance.

Good luck to both of us.

that's terrible...good luck to you! I didn't realize there were limited seats...that is ridiculous considering how many people experienced issues. How can they prioritize some people's issues over others? I will let you know if I ever hear back!

• paperflowerspaperflowers Member
    10 karma

My retake has been denied.

The only reason I know it’s denied is because I called. They told me it’s denied specifically because I finished the test. I was on hold with them for tech issues for 45 min because i got booted. It’s crazy. I’m so upset.

• 790 karma

@paperflowers said:
    My retake has been denied.

The only reason I know it’s denied is because I called. They told me it’s denied specifically because I finished the test. I was on hold with them for tech issues for 45 min because i got booted. It’s crazy. I’m so upset.

I am so sorry. I will probably be denied as well. This is all bullshit.

• 790 karma

@a_pmorenoc said:

Did you finish your Oct. LSAT or not finish it?

I just called again, but the rep. have no idea what's the their so-called review's result. Just ask me keep waiting and promise there'll be a result by tonight.

@paperflowers I am so sorry for your horrible experience. LSAC is a corrupt institution. Last week their rep. told me because the limitation of their seats, they cannot guarantee everyone an oct. retake. They'll prioritize according to their shitty rules.

And i think the reason they gave you is bullshit. I know someone finished the test but still was granted a retake yesterday due to proctor interruption.

Just try whether they might give you a refund and a retake on Nov. by calling them. I saw on reddit someone successfully did this.

• I received the retake email just now. Just keep trying calling them and state your request. Good luck and send my best wishes.

• 790 karma

I received the retake email just now. Just keep trying calling them and state your request. Good luck and send my best wishes.

I’m so happy for you. I have received no email and just got off the phone with a rep who told me I’m not eligible for a retake since I took the full exam. Even though I had major tech issues which greatly affected me.

By chance, did you finish your exam or not finish it?

• @MonkeyMammoth24 I finished it. So I think the reason they gave to you is bullshit. They just prioritize people according their own rules. I am deeply sorry for this situation.

• 790 karma

@MonkeyMammoth24 I finished it. So I think the reason they gave to you is bullshit. They just prioritize people according their own rules. I am deeply sorry for this situation.

I can’t believe it. The woman kept repeating I’m ineligible and don’t think for a second I’ll retake it since I had “full exposure.” She said they were using the same test as the retake. I asked “what about the people that took half of the test? They can retake with half exposure” and she said yes. It made no sense.

I’m very happy for you for getting the retake. I hope I do too. Best of luck to you

• 790 karma

Just got the retake email. Thanks everyone for the positive thoughts and I hope it works out for everybody.

633 karma

@MonkeyMammoth24 I only got through the first section...I saw that you got your email though, good luck with the retake!

• J.M.650802J.M.650802 Member
    31 karma

Did anyone receive two emails, one offering no retake followed by another offering a retake?

633 karma

anyone receive an email from proctorU yet to officially reschedule?

• 790 karma

@a_pmorenoc said:
    anyone receive an email from proctorU yet to officially reschedule?

I didn't receive an email from them. When I logged onto my ProctorU portal, though, there was a button that says "schedule" which allowed me to pick a time. You should definitely log on as soon as possible to see if that is the case for you.

I'm not sure why I didn't get an email, but I'm all scheduled now regardless.

633 karma

@MonkeyMammoth24 i've been logging into proctorU and nothing, I even called and they said I am eligible for the retest, ugh i hate this system

• 790 karma

@a_pmorenoc said:
    @MonkeyMammoth24 i've been logging into proctorU and nothing, I even called and they said I am eligible for the retest, ugh i hate this system

Did you call ProctorU or LSAC?

633 karma

@MonkeyMammoth24 called LSAC numerous times, completely useless, they keep saying either "just wait" or "we'll escalate and someone will contact you" meanwhile the deadline to book is in a couple hours...

• 790 karma

@a_pmorenoc said:
    @MonkeyMammoth24 called LSAC numerous times, completely useless, they keep saying either "just wait" or "we'll escalate and someone will contact you" meanwhile the deadline to book is in a couple hours...

I totally understand, the same thing was happening to me when I was waiting for a retake email. I was just told to wait. Luckily it eventually came. If you filled out the form to confirm that you will be retesting, then I believe they will honor that in the event an email doesn't come. I would also email ProctorU and let them know you are waiting on their time slot email.

633 karma

@MonkeyMammoth24 ah I finally got it, thank you!!

• 790 karma

@a_pmorenoc said:
    @MonkeyMammoth24 ah I finally got it, thank you!!

Yay (: good luck on Thursday!

633 karma

@MonkeyMammoth24 thank you, you as well :)