Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it worth adding an experimental section?

biglawguy-1biglawguy-1 Core Member
in General 28 karma

Does anybody think its not necessary to add in an experimental section? In my opinion i just don't see it working well for me. Not knowing which one is experimental seems to be the worst factor which is eliminated when you add in your own. On top of that i warm up a good bit before a PT, which rules out fatigue. And honestly i don't think i can be worried about fatigue when i study for 5-8 hours on average. Thoughts?

Comments

• mattscrappymattscrappy Member
    138 karma

Yes, absoultely. One of the factors that makes this test difficult is stamina. It can only benefit you to start completing four full sections at once. I know you claim stamina won't be an issue, and of course I'm not sure what your study method is like, but personally I think that timed sections require more direct focus for me than my "study time." If you're anything like me you might want to consider adding 33% more to your practice tests. If nothing else than to make your habait of staying in "test mode" four sections rather than three. Plus, if you say you do 5-8 hours at a time, whats the harm of diverting 35 minutes to another timed exercise?

• Guy_FawkesGuy_Fawkes Core Member
    124 karma

I don't think you need to add experimental section if you are not prone to fatigue. That being said, while you are studying I would focus on doing sections rather than tests until you are hitting your goal number of questions correct. For example, if fatigue is not an issue, then do LR sections timed until you hit -3/-4. Once you are hitting your goals for each section, start doing timed tests.

• hills1111hills1111 Member
    116 karma

You'll want to do at least a few practice tests with an experimental just to practice pace and timing. I also add in a 10 min break between sections 2 and 3 as I want to simulate test day conditions as close as possible. I usually just create a problem set of whatever I feel like doing an extra section of that day, or if I want a challenge I'll add in a second RC (as this is my least favourite section). I think this helped me on actual test day when I was given two RC in a row.

• BlueRiceCakeBlueRiceCake Member
    302 karma

If you want the surprise factor, roll a dice to decide your experimental just before doing that extra section. 1 and 2=LR, 3 and 4=RC, 5 and 6= LG

• biglawguy-1biglawguy-1 Core Member
    28 karma

I appreciate the feedback! I should have mentioned that Ive been studying for almost 5 months and I'm right at my target score. I do agree that an extra section wouldn't hurt if anything. Im already studying crazy hours and taking 2 tests a week, the least i could do is add a 4th section i suppose. Im gonna start adding them in and finish off the two w/experimental i have left on law hub. Im aiming for 1 and done in november. Best of luck to everyone, may we all get the scores we are aiming for!

• ledkarlyledkarly Member
    483 karma

Also, you dont know which section is experimental. It could be the first one, when your mind is clear. Adding the experimental section trains your brain to focus for the whole test. > @"biglawguy-1" said:

I appreciate the feedback! I should have mentioned that Ive been studying for almost 5 months and I'm right at my target score. I do agree that an extra section wouldn't hurt if anything. Im already studying crazy hours and taking 2 tests a week, the least i could do is add a 4th section i suppose. Im gonna start adding them in and finish off the two w/experimental i have left on law hub. Im aiming for 1 and done in november. Best of luck to everyone, may we all get the scores we are aiming for!

• LegalityLegality Member
    280 karma

I would often wake up early to take practice tests before work so just due to a lack of time I wouldn't add in an experimental. I made sure to do a few tests with an added section before game day just to get the feel of it. I struggled a little bit with stamina while practicing, but in the actual test my adrenaline was going and I never felt any fatigue.