Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In major depression thinking back to the last week's exam

iasdkadfg-1iasdkadfg-1 Member
in General 121 karma

My diagnostic has been mid 160s but I doubt I'll score anywhere near that. I also can't seem to focus 100% on lsat since I have a very, very stressful job

What should I do..

Comments

• angelaylee97angelaylee97 Member
    edited October 2021 226 karma

Sorry this may not be the advice you want to hear, but It’s part of life. Sometimes life will never go your way. You just have to come back stronger and better. If you don’t get the score you want, use it as fuel to study harder. The LSAT is only the the first part of your law school journey. There’s more to come, so you have to have the will power to push through.

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

Coming from my own experience with depression, quitting LSAT and after coming back, ask yourself if this is for you. If it is, treat it as a hobby. It is just a test, not your life.

• MazzyStarMazzyStar Core Member
    42 karma

I can relate. I had been studying for the LSAT since February, finished the CC over the summer, and thought I could balance studying and returning to work in September full time (I'm a high school teacher). I was wrong- work was absolute chaos, and I was taking work home constantly and I couldn't commit to my studying in the way I needed to. I wrote the October LSAT anyways because I had already registered, but I'm happy to have had the experience of writing it. I ended up taking some time off work to commit to studying, and I wish I had done it sooner. I agree with others, it is a part of life and you have to learn how to balance, but I also realized that half-assing my effort into LSAT was not going to help me move forward with my future, and If I wanted to give law school a real shot, I was going to have to commit the time.
    I realize also that not everyone has the luxury of taking time off work, in which case you have to set realistic expectations for yourself and a realistic schedule. When I first started studying, I thought I could write by spring and then by summer (lol) but with working full time, and still wanting to prioritize my own sanity, I had to create a schedule that worked for me, and that meant waiting longer to write the test. What made me take off work is seeing a lack of progress and knowing I needed to crack down on certain skills I was lacking. It sucks to bump your expectations of when you want to write or when you want to apply to schools but sometimes that's the healthiest thing you can do, and what is most beneficial for the results you want.
    Also- we haven't gotten our results yet for October- maybe you did okay. No point dwelling on something you don't know yet or can't control, it's not helpful to you/ your mental health. Take some time to rest, be kind to yourself, and then make a plan :)