Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

January 2022 LSAT for Prospective L1 in Fall of 2022

ejhanleyivejhanleyiv Core Member
edited October 2021 in Law School Admissions 18 karma

Is the LSAT above too late to take if I wanted to try to get in for the Fall of 2022? I just got promoted to a paralegal at a family law firm and have re-directed a lot of the already limited time I have available to effectively study applicable law for my job rather than the November LSAT I am registered for currently.

I really want to request a date change because of how stretched thin I am studying for both things.

Can I postpone my November LSAT to January 2022 and still have a chance of getting into school???

Any insight or advice would be super appreciated thank you!

Jumping right to the point
  1. Will moving my November LSAT to January 2022 Critically hurt my chances of FA 2022 admission?77 votes
    1. Yes
      33.77%
    2. No
      66.23%

Comments

• WhatIsLifeWhatIsLife Member
    810 karma

I'm not sure if it would hurt your chances, but I'm in a similar situation (almost exactly actually). My logic is that why not just cram and study as hard as possible with the limited amount of time you have and take the November LSAT?

If you do well then you don't have to worry about January LSAT hurting your chances, but even if you do bad then you'll still have prepared more by cramming for November LSAT + have had experience taking the LSAT to help with your January LSAT score.

My point is, that I don't really see a negative in going ahead with the November LSAT and then deciding after seeing how you do.

• ejhanleyivejhanleyiv Core Member
    18 karma

I have been so "do or die" about this being my last LSAT I didn't even put that into consideration before making this post.... honestly thank you that's some very sound logic compared to mine at the moment. I'm definitely going to go through with Novembers now and with hope it be my last but if not go for January.

Thank you, and good luck with the test & new position at work!

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
    2249 karma

How many times have you taken it so far?

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Former admissions officer here. You should check with the school to see if they will first accept the January LSAT. Depending on the school, submitting an application in January is fine while for others, it would be considered quite late in their cycle. Generally, you should apply with the strongest possible application (and best LSAT score you are capable of), but there is a point in the cycle for every school when admissions becomes increasingly selective in order to focus on their enrollment priorities. An otherwise admissible candidate who applies later in the cycle when admissions is focused on other enrollment priorities could potentially end up on a waitlist. Good luck!

• LuxxTabooLuxxTaboo Core Member
    212 karma

I'm taking the November LSAT knowing that I will most likely have to take it again in January because of life circumstances that didn't allow me to study that much. I'm also applying for Fall 2022. I don't think January will be too late at all. Lots of ppl think that It might be but mostly all schools cut off is in March. So why would our chances be much lower for getting into school when they are accepting through March. As mentioned above, you should probably take it in November like I'm doing, hope for the best, and then know you have January to take it as well if you don't do too well :)

• kazoobabykazoobaby Member
    19 karma

I am in the same boat as OP, and though I’m struggling to remain optimistic about it (because I fear that a January app will hurt my chances) the fact of the matter is that it’s very a) school dependent b) absolutely the best option vs sending in a subpar November LSAT score because you wanted the early app advantage. It’s important to remember that the early app advantage can help, but a much better LSAT score will help significantly more. It’s also important to realize that a very high LSAT (170’s, or >75th percentile) will probably fair better in a January app than a score closer to the median of the school. Stay positive, I know I’m trying to! Let’s just do our best :)

• a_alfordalana_alfordalan Member
    60 karma

SIMPLE :

If you want more than 50% of your tuition paid by the school this may be too late.

If you want to get in and just go then you still have a great chance in January.

810 karma

Bump cause I'd like to get more opinions on this as someone whose also stuck in the November LSAT/January LSAT but wanting to apply for the 2022 cycle predicament

• 36 karma

Check with the school first to see if they will accept a January LSAT. My top choice does, as their application deadline is January 15th. Some may only accept November as their latest test. Assuming your school's deadline is January, it should be fine.

I am in the same boat as you and have decided to focus on January's LSAT and forego November.

• chatlaws-1chatlaws-1 Member
    69 karma

Following. I'm LITERALLY in the same position lol

By the way, congrats on your promotion!

• orianariquezesorianariquezes Core Member
    66 karma

Unless you plan on applying January forget it. I applied for fall 2021 admission after taking the january test and in every single interview they told me i was too late, that most offers of admission had already been sent out back in december. Because of this, I was waitlisted and then denied from the 4 schools applied with all of them saying the same thing: you should have applied earlier.

810 karma

@orianariquezes said:
    Unless you plan on applying January forget it. I applied for fall 2021 admission after taking the january test and in every single interview they told me i was too late, that most offers of admission had already been sent out back in december. Because of this, I was waitlisted and then denied from the 4 schools applied with all of them saying the same thing: you should have applied earlier.

What month did you end up applying?

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
    edited October 2021 2249 karma

@orianariquezes said:

Which four schools? Were they T-14? When did you press submit? And if you don't mind saying, what was your LSAT score?