Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question-Test Day Intermission

Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
edited October 2021 in General 1417 karma

Does anyone know if we can eat/drink in the view of the camera on test day during intermission? Or we must eat/drink away from the camera on test day? What are the snacks that we can bring for test day? I do not see this under FAQ LSAC.

Thank you

Comments

• hills1111hills1111 Member
    116 karma

You can do whatever you want during the intermission (minus prohibited things like looking at your phone, discussing the test with others etc). During my intermission I left and came back with a cup full of ice (unsure my thought process that day, but thought munching on ice would wake me up after 2 RC sections lol) and ate it at my desk while watching the timer. I was too scared to be out of the room too long incase I misjudged ten minutes and was late to check in.

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Thank you so much @hills1111 . Best of luck to you during this journey

1417 karma

@hills1111 do we need to show proctor our snacks before we start exam?

116 karma

@Confidence123 said:
    @hills1111 do we need to show proctor our snacks before we start exam?

During the test you're not allowed to have snacks on your desk, only the things on the list of allowable items are able to be on your desk. You'll show the proctor your desk and the items on it at the beginning of the test and then again when intermission is over. During intermission the screen changes to be a countdown clock, during this time you can eat if you want at your desk, but once the 10 mins is up you'll re-check in and they'll look over your desk to make sure it is just the allowable items before letting you continue.

1417 karma

Thank you @hills1111 . Best of luck to you. Do we take the intermission on our own or proctor will monitor the intermission?

116 karma

@Confidence123 said:
    Thank you @hills1111 . Best of luck to you. Do we take the intermission on our own or proctor will monitor the intermission?

When I took it in October I'm pretty sure I was told at the beginning of the test to tell the proctor when it was time for intermission then a 10 minute timer started. When I checked in after the timer I was then connected to a proctor who asked me to reshow my room and desk and then they entered a password and my third section started.

I know it seems daunting, but it is actually really straight forward on test day!

1417 karma

Thank you so much @hills1111 . Do we need to take the entire 10 minutes intermission or we can resume to get ready for the next section before the entire intermission is over?

116 karma

@Confidence155 said:
    Thank you so much @hills1111 . Do we need to take the entire 10 minutes intermission or we can resume to get ready for the next section before the entire intermission is over?

You can click check in before the 10 mins is up, but you still have to wait the full 10 mins.

1417 karma

Thank you @hills1111