Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My LSAT journey is over!

Thank you 7sage. I began studying for this test in March 2020 and can finally say I am done with it in October 2021.

I began with a diagnostic of 148. I took the test in June and got a 159, but knowing I had more potential stuck to studying for the Oct LSAT. I was so close to the median for a lot of great schools and knew I could increase my odds by a lot just by raising my score a little bit more. I ended with a 163 this October. I know it’s not a 175 like many people strive for, but for me the 15 point increase and 40 point percentile increase is more than enough to be proud of. I am confident in my ability to get into some amazing schools with this score. 7sage is what got me over the hump and I’m forever grateful.

For those who got their score back and are realizing that their LSAT journey isn’t over, you got this. There were weeks and months I thought I would never break 155. I truly believed I had reached my peak 7 months ago. Remember what you’re studying for- the reason you are going to law school in the first place. We put in the hard work now so that we can make a meaningful difference in people’s lives later on.

While a 163 may seem like nothing special, I fought so hard for it and I’m extremely proud of myself and this community.

Good job my friends!

Comments

• Ajahna94Ajahna94 Member
    223 karma

I'm proud of you!!!!

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@MonkeyMammoth24 Congratulations on your score!

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

Congrats on the incredible increase!!

• jacuzzzijacuzzzi Member
    edited October 2021 50 karma

Congrats!! Definitely a lot to be proud of

• 790 karma

@LSATWizard1996 said:
    Congrats on the incredible increase!!

Thank you so much. I always get so excited when I see your profile pic because you've truly been so encouraging to everyone on this forum. Thanks for everything!

• 790 karma

@"Juliet --Student Service--" said:
    @MonkeyMammoth24 Congratulations on your score!

Thank you Juliet!!!!

• 790 karma

@jacuzzzi said:
    Congrats!! Definitely a lot to be proud of

Thank you!!

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

Amazing! Congratulations 😊

• thinkorswimthinkorswim Alum Member
    433 karma

congrats on an amazing journey !

• 790 karma

@Logician said:
    Amazing! Congratulations 😊

Thank you!

• 790 karma

@thinkorswim said:
    congrats on an amazing journey !

Thank you for the support!

• vichinskyvichinsky Alum Member
    502 karma

Congrats the Job is finished.

• 108 karma

So proud of you! Congrats

• egroj123egroj123 Member
    52 karma

Amazing achievement! So so proud. How well would you say your immediate impression after an exam matched your actual performance?

I'm currently 165-173 but I never quite feel fully confident about how I scored after an exam, even when I get a 170+. I find that I almost instinctively flag a question for BR, even if only just to review an answer choice I didn't fully grasp during the timed test despite the fact that I know that answer isn't better than the one I chose. For example, during PR questions, if I see that C matches the structure perfectly, I will move on but still flag that question review D and E just to bring myself from 95% confidence to 100%.

I guess my question is - How/did you ever develop that internal barometer of confidence where you just know that you have done well or that it is OK to move on from a question without being 100% confident in your answer.

I hope that makes sense and thank you so much for any insight you can offer!