Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancel score or not?

ledkarlyledkarly Member
in General 483 karma

Hi,

I got a 153 on the Oct test and this is NOT reflective of my abilities. I was PT around the low to mid 160s, and the week before the resceduled tests, I was EXHAUSTED. I was getting questions wrong, that I would have not gotten wrong before. I just didn't feel as motivated or like myself. The day of my test, I felt the same way. During the test, I felt like I was not in it, whatsoever! After the test, I knew I didn't do well, my heart and mind were not in it.

Now, I dont know whether I should cancel my score or keep it. Do schools look down on a cancel score, or would it look better to have the lower score and then a higher score?

I am signed up for the November test and I know what I am capable of!!

Cancel score
  1. Cancel?52 votes
    1. Yes
      67.31%
    2. No
      32.69%

Comments

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

If you are super confident that you can score higher in November and you have the option to cancel your score then I say cancel it. This is the purpose of the option to cancel your score after seeing it. I don't think schools look down on a cancelled score - and if you're worried they might you can always write a brief addendum explaining just what you did here.

• Scott MilamScott Milam Member Administrator Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1312 karma

Will a 153 get you the outcome you need?

If that score isn’t competitive at the schools you are targeting, then there is little reason to keep it, particularly if you are committed to retaking and have a PT average that suggests you can get a higher score.

• lsatpsatlsatpsat Member
    57 karma

RT @andrew.rsn 's response! if youre super confident you will score higher, cancel. if not (aka you feel on a bad day, even if not representative of your recent PTs, you may score mid 150s) then I would keep.