Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do law schools track demonstrated interest?

I was wondering if law schools keep track of attendance at info sessions and/or use data mining to track demonstrated interest. Long story short, I registered for a virtual info session but had a last-minute emergency and couldn't attend - could this affect my chances when I apply? Not sure if I should send an email to admissions explaining my absence.

Comments

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

Not sure. But this is a great question!

• Determined_-1Determined_-1 Member
    919 karma

Someone I know of got into WashULaw with a substantial scholarship and additional stipend to live in the St Louis area. Part of what she credits this success to is her demonstrated interest in the school. Not sure how accurate this is, but it's what she said.

• Determined_-1Determined_-1 Member
    919 karma

As for your question, an email wouldn't hurt. Maybe try asking if there will be additional meetings in the near future for you to attend?

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Former admissions officer here. Admissions puts a lot of effort into making themselves accessible and reaching out during recruitment events, and they usually track the value and success of such efforts. Many applications will ask the candidate if they have participated in recruitment events or spoken to any representatives of the school. This might speak to the candidate's likelihood of attending if admitted. Good luck!

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

@"Selene Steelman" said:
    Former admissions officer here. Admissions puts a lot of effort into making themselves accessible and reaching out during recruitment events, and they usually track the value and success of such efforts. Many applications will ask the candidate if they have participated in recruitment events or spoken to any representatives of the school. This might speak to the candidate's likelihood of attending if admitted. Good luck!

Thanks for this information!