Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Miscellaneous Games

Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if it's still worth it to redo the miscellaneous games in the logic game section? I'm not sure if they still test it much.
- Matt

Comments

• LegalityLegality Member
    280 karma

I think it's beneficial. Even if you don't end up having a game that resembles any of them, it helps train your brain to stay calm when you see something novel on the test and teaches you to keep thinking critically instead of just falling into memory mode. So even if that particular game would not be seen, it still helps you train your brain in a manner that's very beneficial for the test.

• galacticgalactic Yearly Member
    edited October 2021 690 karma

Hey Matt, miscellaneous games do still show up every now and then. I'd only spend time foolproofing them if you are consistently solid under time on all of the standard types of games.

• 316 karma

@Legality That's a smart idea!

• 316 karma

@"galactic law" I definitely do not have them down yet haha. I'm consistently in the -5 range so I think I need to practice the other stuff a bit more

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

I think you should definitely drill these. They are weird and not as standard as some of the other game types. But, when they arise, it can spook you if you haven't drilled them. I know this from experience.

I think drilling/foolproofing all of the games is the best option. I am doing this now and it is so worth it for some of the weirder miscellaneous games from 1-16 PTs.

• Jerry GarciaJerry Garcia Member
    34 karma

I had a misc game on an actual LSAT I took in 2021. Misc games are good tests of abstract thinking and your overall mastery of LG fundamentals, plus they test your ability to not freak out upon seeing something unfamiliar. Drilling them like any other game is a good idea.

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

@"Jerry Garcia" said:
    I had a misc game on an actual LSAT I took in 2021. Misc games are good tests of abstract thinking and your overall mastery of LG fundamentals, plus they test your ability to not freak out upon seeing something unfamiliar. Drilling them like any other game is a good idea.

Thanks for the information, I’ll keep this in mind as well!!

• phosita_phoeatahphosita_phoeatah Yearly Member
    238 karma

I can't speak for the Misc games outside of PT1-35 (and PT A-C and JF97), but there are categories even within those Misc games.

One type is what I would call Spatial, but instead of two or three rows wherein each row contains a fixed number of slots, the arrangement is a pentagon or a hexagon. I think I've seen at least two of these.

Then there's the type I would call Change Tracking, where the test specifies a set of initial condition and some possible changes to the system, and asks you to identify how things evolve after each iteration of change. I've definitely seen three of these.

There are then probably some truly random Misc games. As @"Jerry Garcia" stated, if nothing else, those teaches one to plod on when confronted with unfamiliar material.