Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cumulative vs. Average GPA

My cumulative GPA is 0.5 points lower than my average GPA according to the CAS report. Does anybody know whether law schools take this into account, or if it is something that should be brought up in my addendum? #help

Comments

• SS.SitkaSS.Sitka Member
    100 karma

following

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Former admissions officer here. The GPA that law schools use for ranking and reporting purposes is the LSAC cumulative GPA. The CAS Report contains a lot of information about your grades but the cumulative GPA is the one that really matters.

• annisoogoodannisoogood Core Member
    20 karma

It’s so shitty but yeah it’s accumulative and law schools look at your total UGPA calculated thru the LSAC services. If there’s a big discrepancy I’d suggest an addendum

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

What's an average GPA? Like the marks someone generally gets rather than outliers?

• 36 karma

Depending on where you are located, the schools you are looking at may have different criteria. For example, at the University of Victoria, they look at your cumulative GPA but may remove your lowest graded courses, bumping that GPA up a bit. Other Law Schools in Canada also look primarily at your final two years only. I think it's different in the USA.