Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC GPA & UG GPA

annaemurphy279annaemurphy279 Core Member
in General 99 karma

Hello everyone,

I am on the verge of freaking out because the GPA LSAC generated is so much lower than what I ended up with when I graduated. I went to community college before transferring and I had to retake several classes because I was still a child who wanted to hang out with my friends more than study if you know what I mean... When I graduated from my university I had a 3.69, but LSAC generated a GPA of 3.19... I can't find any straight answers on whether or not law schools will be placing a lot of weight on the LSAC generated number.

Which GPA do they really care about?

Help! Now I'm so terrified. I had always considered my GPA to be "safe" for where I was applying, but now I don't even know anymore....

Comments

• flimwoodflimwood Member
    9 karma

Hello,
    Unfortunately, law schools have to report the cumulative GPA for their medians, and tend to place a greater emphasis on the cumulative GPA. If you would like to explain the discrepancy to the admissions committee, you could write an addendum

• 790 karma

They use the LSAC cumulative GPA. I would urge you to write an addendum explaining

• albert02albert02 Core Member
    12 karma

Unfortunately, to my understanding, law school admissions will be considering your Cumulative GPA generated by LSAC. However, all hope is not lost by any means. I would recommend looking at the 509 reports for each law school that you are considering, and really try to aim to get a LSAT score at or above the 75th percentile range. Since law schools place a heavy emphasis on the LSAT scores of each applicant, scoring well, along with a well submitting a written addendum explaining your exact circumstance, may put you in a favorable spot. Whatever you do, don't give up! God bless and I hope it all works out for you.