Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is harder -2 LR or -4 RC?

hobbietjhobbietj Core Member
in General 59 karma

What is a more difficult feat. Obviously some are more intuitive at RC than others, but for the average student who has difficulty lets say -8 LR and -8 RC.

What is harder -2 LR or -4 RC?
  1. Is it harder to get to consistent -2 LR or -4 RC?101 votes
    1. -2LR
      51.49%
    2. -4 RC
      48.51%

Comments

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

Thanks for posting this!

• I mean...without knowing who we are talking about and getting their background, assessing their current skills, thought process, and current methodology you might as well throw a dart and hope for the best. Numeric scores don't tell the whole story. You need a well-rounded assessment.
    If this is a question more along the lines of "I am here, where should I invest my time" the answer above still applies and as a general rule you should never railroad yourself into one section at the expense of another.

• hobbietjhobbietj Core Member
    59 karma

@LawyeringForLife ehh... this is actually a debate that a lot of students have. Especially for 170 scorers who are not intuitive on RC... We see a lot of great scorers who have very great RC scores from the start that is why -4 is the threshold.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

I struggled a lot with this, so I think you calibrated it just right for maximum effectiveness. Change either of those numbers in either direction and I think it’s an easy question. Ultimately, I had to go with -2 LR. -4 RC allows for slightly more breathing room. You can’t make any major errors in either scenario, but I think -4 RC allows for some little ones in a way I don’t think -2 LR quite does.

• hobbietjhobbietj Core Member
    59 karma

@"Cant Get Right" Awesome...I finally got to the point where I was getting -0/-2 on LR very, very consistently, but had no seen any light in RC where I would go from -4 to -8 depending on section of RC. Starting to become more and more consistent with RC.

• WhatIsLifeWhatIsLife Member
    810 karma

80 votes and a complete 50/50 split pretty much explains it