Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stuck! What should I do?

hh11mm_24hh11mm_24 Free Trial Member
edited November 2021 in Law School Admissions 14 karma

I received my Oct LSAT score and it was a 151 (PTs were 155-160). This was my 4th time taking the LSAT, and I'm stuck on whether I should apply early or retake in January and apply with the January score. My LSAC GPA is a 2.8, I'm a urm, and will have 2 years of experience by the time I start next fall. Any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

What are your law school goals? What schools are you shooting for? Unfortunately your GPA is going to be below the 25% at just about every law school you apply to. :/ So you're going to want to get your LSAT as high as possible (above the median at your target law schools) In your case I think studying super hard the next 2 months and retaking in January will be your best option.

Or if you apply now, make sure you have a strong addendum for the low GPA and low LSAT.

• hh11mm_24hh11mm_24 Free Trial Member
    14 karma

My goal is to go into immigration/public interest. I'm leaning towards taking the January LSAT because it can help with scholarships too. Just nervous that its later in the cycle. Thank you for your advice!!

• gaver456gaver456 Core Member
    108 karma

I definitely would advise you to take in January, if not later. It depends on where you're applying, but many schools close applications later on in the spring so January is not too late at all! Especially with your GPA - though I'm sure you will be an excellent lawyer (!!) - it would be advantageous to raise your LSAT a few points higher. Keep strong and keep going!

• annaemurphy279annaemurphy279 Core Member
    99 karma

Hi,

You should definitely re-take it in January. If you really buckle down and knock out a couple hours of solid studying 5 days a week, and take PT's every week or every other weekend, you could keep steadily scoring in the upper 150s-early 160's area. A someone with a trash CAS GPA, I feel your pain. You really want to increase that LSAT as much as possible and make your essays FLAWLESS. I also want to be an immigration lawyer- more power to us baby! Best of luck!

• hh11mm_24hh11mm_24 Free Trial Member
    14 karma

Thanks everyone for the advice and kind words, best of luck!!