Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Increasing LR

edited October 2021 in Logical Reasoning 271 karma

Hello, I'm currently sitting -6 RC, -5 LR, -3 LG (PT average 163-165 over last 7 PTs). Any tips getting the LR down to a consistent -2?

Comments

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

Nice scores. Which question types are you getting wrong?

• 36 karma

Look at the analytics page. Which questions are you getting wrong on a consistent basis? I was getting -9+ on LR and saw that PF and NA were my weak points. I hit those question types hard on the problem sets and was able to get them all correct on my recent PTs. Try this for the questions that you're consistently scoring low on.

• I was at that point and for me, skimming through Loophole and doing a crapton of drills on my most difficult LR question types helped a lot

• RavinderRavinder Alum Member
    869 karma

The thing that helped me the most was reading Elle Cassidy's book: Loophole in Logical Reasoning. The chapter on translation is especially helpful. Learning to translate the stimulus and pre-phrasing are the main skills that allowed me to go from -5 per LR section to -1 per LR section on test day. In addition, I found it very helpful to develop a 'checklist' of one to two items per LR question type so that I would quickly know my task for each question type before I went into the answer choices. For example, for 'role in argument' questions my 'checklist' is: "A, CR". Where A stands for Accurate description (usually the first part of each answer choice) and the CR stands for Correct Role. If the first part of the answer choice is not accurate description then you can kill that answer without reading any further. For the answer choice (s) that begin with an accurate description, keep reading the second part of and verify that the second part describes the 'Correct Role' (i.e. make sure that every word in the second part is correct). There are 17 question types in LR and you can develop a one or two step checklist for each question type. The checklist should be very simple as a complicated checklist is likely to be forgotten on test day with the anxiety and stress of test day. The goal is to have a checklist that works 85-90% of the time as a checklist that works a 100% of the time would be too long and unwieldly. Hope this helps. Happy to share my checklist is anyone wants to use mine as a template for making their own.

• SteFunny-1-1-1SteFunny-1-1-1 Core Member
    224 karma

@Ravinder said:
    The thing that helped me the most was reading Elle Cassidy's book: Loophole in Logical Reasoning. The chapter on translation is especially helpful. Learning to translate the stimulus and pre-phrasing are the main skills that allowed me to go from -5 per LR section to -1 per LR section on test day. In addition, I found it very helpful to develop a 'checklist' of one to two items per LR question type so that I would quickly know my task for each question type before I went into the answer choices. For example, for 'role in argument' questions my 'checklist' is: "A, CR". Where A stands for Accurate description (usually the first part of each answer choice) and the CR stands for Correct Role. If the first part of the answer choice is not accurate description then you can kill that answer without reading any further. For the answer choice (s) that begin with an accurate description, keep reading the second part of and verify that the second part describes the 'Correct Role' (i.e. make sure that every word in the second part is correct). There are 17 question types in LR and you can develop a one or two step checklist for each question type. The checklist should be very simple as a complicated checklist is likely to be forgotten on test day with the anxiety and stress of test day. The goal is to have a checklist that works 85-90% of the time as a checklist that works a 100% of the time would be too long and unwieldly. Hope this helps. Happy to share my checklist is anyone wants to use mine as a template for making their own.

Hi Ravinder! Would you mind sharing your check list? This sounds like such a great idea!

Thank you

• SoniaTakesLsatSoniaTakesLsat Core Member
    26 karma

Hi Ravinder, I'd also like that checklist if you wouldn't mind sharing, thanks!

• CHELSEA.CHELSEA. Member
    65 karma

@Ravinder Hello. I also have the Loophole textbook. Do you mind sending the checklist as well? Thank you.

• marrrr99marrrr99 Core Member
    27 karma

@Ravinder said:

Would also love to see your checklist!!! this sounds super helpful

• 15 karma

I would also love to see your checklist please!

• dubdub1223dubdub1223 Member
    41 karma

I would love to see the checklist as well! Thanks

• wolfhen101wolfhen101 Member
    14 karma

I would love to as well! Thanks

• marinaaaamarinaaaa Member
    19 karma

I would as well! thanks in advance!

• 258 karma

I love the checklist idea! Would love to see it as well. Thanks!

• RR2021LAWRR2021LAW Member
    4 karma

I've just started reading through Loophole and would be great if you can please share the checklist with me as well. Thank you @Ravinder

869 karma

I think I messaged everyone in that asked for the checklist with my email so that I can email the the checklist but let me know if I missed someone. Another key thing I would recommend is a simple system for skipping questions. I posted about this before so check my previous comment on skipping. I found it very helpful to skip from 5-7 questions per LR section.

• KbrookssKbrookss Member
    106 karma

@Ravinder said:
    I think I messaged everyone in that asked for the checklist with my email so that I can email the the checklist but let me know if I missed someone. Another key thing I would recommend is a simple system for skipping questions. I posted about this before so check my previous comment on skipping. I found it very helpful to skip from 5-7 questions per LR section.

I'd like the check list as well please

• Could I please also have the checklist? Thank you for sharing, @Ravinder!

• ledkarlyledkarly Member
    483 karma

Hi! I would love to see the checklist as well!

@Ravinder said:

• Karan KaushalKaran Kaushal Member
    12 karma

Also interested in the LR checklist, thanks.

• KittyyyyyyKittyyyyyy Core Member
    22 karma

@Ravinder said:

Could I also get the checklist? Thanks!

• swaleha.ahmedswaleha.ahmed Member
    2 karma

I'd love to get the checklist too please.

• ashley.bashley.b Member
    3 karma

@Ravinder said:

Could I also get the checklist please? Thank you!

• julielamberthjulielamberth Free Trial Member
    12 karma

Can you give specifics as to WHY you are missing questions? Go through your most recent test and come back with a list of what you missed and why. It's not one size fits all, any more than going to the doctor and saying "I feel bad, give me medicine" will be effective. Also that diagnostic process helps you to be aware of mistakes you are making; focus on the process, not just the numbers. Big difference for example between "I get down to two and pick the right one over the wrong one" vs "I eliminate the right one and pick the wrong one." The more specific you are with your sticking points the more helpful we can be.

• Abster HopeAbster Hope Alum Member
    edited November 2021 36 karma

Hi! @Ravinder
    I'd also would like a copy of your checklist. Thank you!

• EverythingEbsEverythingEbs Core Member
    41 karma

@Ravinder said:

Hi @Ravinder could you please share the checklist with me as well?

• deenachahadehdeenachahadeh Member
    edited November 2021 8 karma

Hi! Could you please share the checklist with me too?? Thank you so much have an amazing evening! @Ravinder

• cheemz99cheemz99 Core Member
    33 karma

@Ravinder I’d also like a copy. Thank you so much :)

• sonniesisonniesi Core Member
    6 karma

@Ravinder I’d also love to see your checklist. Thank you!

• nourinaninourinani Core Member
    10 karma

Hi @Ravinder, I'd love to get the checklist if possible please :) Thank you kindly

• RainSunqwqRainSunqwq Member
    6 karma

@Ravinder Could you please send me a copy of the checklist as well? I'm trying to LR as well but do not see much progress for a long time

• hotranchsaucehotranchsauce Member
    288 karma

@Ravinder Please send me one as well if you're able to. Thanks!

• 41 karma

@Ravinder If you are able to share that would be great!

• lsat_muselsat_muse Member
    64 karma

@Ravinder, could I please have a copy of your checklist as well? Thanks very much!

• janibar160janibar160 Member
    4 karma

@Ravinder, that sounds like a great system! Would love to have a copy of your check list as well!

• camrynPPcamrynPP Core Member
    5 karma

@Ravinder If you don't mind sharing I would love to see it as well! Thank you

• megzy217megzy217 Core Member
    67 karma

Also here for the check list when you have time, @Ravinder. Much appreciated! <3

• moonstars5678moonstars5678 Member
    166 karma

@Ravinder would you also be able to send me your checklist?

• rebeccamgoetzrebeccamgoetz Core Member
    3 karma

@Ravinder Can you please send me your checklist too if you don't mind? Greatly appreciate the help to notice the patterns!

• sarwatwaseemlawyersarwatwaseemlawyer Free Trial Member
    2 karma

@Ravinder Can you please share the checklist with me as well? Thank you so much

• emily_keller18emily_keller18 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

@Ravinder Could you send it my way as well? THANK YOU

• BeLikeLedeckyBeLikeLedecky Member
    54 karma

@Ravinder Hi there! Any chance you can share the checklist with me as well? You're a star!!! THANK YOU.

• AstuteEagleAstuteEagle Core Member
    32 karma

@Ravinder Would love the checklist :)

• jameel.amerrrjameel.amerrr Core Member
    4 karma

@Ravinder Me too please!

• ygprbtpm-1ygprbtpm-1 Core Member
    32 karma

@Ravinder would love to see your checklist please!

• SaaaammmmSaaaammmm Alum Member
    82 karma

@Ravinder Me too please.

• lsathereicomelsathereicome Member
    edited November 2021 7 karma

@Ravinder if you are able to share, I'd also love to see your checklist!

• leoxnardxleoxnardx Member
    82 karma

@Ravinder said:

@Ravinder Hey can you send me a checklist as well? Thank you so much!

• PowerCorewardPowerCoreward Live Member
    20 karma

@Ravinder I'd love to study your checklist please. I read Loophole and there were some areas I found difficult. Hoping your checklist might streamline things. Thank you!

• npantelonpantelo Core Member
    5 karma

@Ravinder said:

Hey @Ravinder, would also love to see your checklist if possible :)

869 karma

I think I messaged everyone in this thread that asked for the checklist but message me if I missed someone. Just a bit overwhelmed with all the requests. Good luck to those taking the test this weekend.