Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT AMA w/ 7Sage Tutors – Thurs, Nov 4, 7PM EDT

RaphaelPRaphaelP Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
edited November 2021 in General 1110 karma

Hi everyone! We recently launched an LSAT tutoring program designed to offer coaching and guidance from top instructors. I’m Raphael, and I’ll be doing an AMA with three of my fellow tutors on November 4th. We’re 99th-percentile scorers (with a 180 among us!) who love all things LSAT. We’re excited to answer your questions about the test, our own LSAT journeys, 7Sage’s new tutoring program, and everything in between.

See you Thursday!

See the AMA here (https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/30930/lsat-ama-w-7sage-tutors-starting-now-thurs-nov-4-7pm-edt).

Comments

• BeLikeLedeckyBeLikeLedecky Member
    54 karma

Thank you for doing this! How can we join?

• RaphaelPRaphaelP Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1110 karma

@BeLikeLedecky I'll make a new post on Thursday, where questions can be posted live - it'll just be on the forum. So come ready with questions and we'll answer them for two hours!

• RelentlessRelentless Core Member
    323 karma

Thank you - Look forward to joining you for this.

• phosita_phoeatahphosita_phoeatah Yearly Member
    238 karma

Given that there's now a vested interest for 7Sage to promote its own tutors, how will this affect inquiries and recommendations when a poster solicits for a list of names? Would such a solicitation go on unimpeded, or would you be "directing traffic" to tutors with express business relationship with 7Sage?

Or would there be a "firewall" of sorts between the TestPrep division and the tutoring division?

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    edited October 2021 7262 karma

Great question @phosita_phoeatah, but you don't have to worry. We'll never hijack forum discussions or meddle with your posts. We're just adding another option to the mix.

• Kitty McMaster-1Kitty McMaster-1 Alum Member
    80 karma

@"RaphaelP - Tutor" said:
    @BeLikeLedecky I'll make a new post on Thursday, where questions can be posted live - it'll just be on the forum. So come ready with questions and we'll answer them for two hours!

Hi! Thank you! When will this be and is there a link or somehow we can join the meeting?

1110 karma

@"Kitty McMaster" said:

@"RaphaelP - Tutor" said:

Hi! Thank you! When will this be and is there a link or somehow we can join the meeting?

No link to join! It'll just be on the forum. I'll make a new post on Thurs at that time, and people can ask questions there.

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
    edited November 2021 2249 karma

Dude, there is no way in hell I can afford this. This is proof that economic barriers to law school are a thing and this program is in NO way making law school more accessible. That price makes me feel physically ill.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

@phosita_phoeatah said:
    Given that there's now a vested interest for 7Sage to promote its own tutors, how will this affect inquiries and recommendations when a poster solicits for a list of names? Would such a solicitation go on unimpeded, or would you be "directing traffic" to tutors with express business relationship with 7Sage?

Or would there be a "firewall" of sorts between the TestPrep division and the tutoring division?

Discussion posts are addressed largely by the community and 7sage "approved tutors" who are otherwise not affiliated. I haven't seen any indication that traffic would be directed to paid services... in fact quite the opposite–I (unaffiliated "approved" as opposed to a "7sage tutor") get requests from student services to address questions in the forum that have otherwise gone unanswered.

• phosita_phoeatahphosita_phoeatah Yearly Member
    238 karma

@"David.Busis" said:
    Great question @phosita_phoeatah, but you don't have to worry. We'll never hijack forum discussions or meddle with your posts. We're just adding another option to the mix.

@canihazJD said:

@phosita_phoeatah said:

Discussion posts are addressed largely by the community and 7sage "approved tutors" who are otherwise not affiliated. I haven't seen any indication that traffic would be directed to paid services... in fact quite the opposite–I (unaffiliated "approved" as opposed to a "7sage tutor") get requests from student services to address questions in the forum that have otherwise gone unanswered.

Appreciate you both chiming in.

It's good to know that those in charge do intend to preserve the ethos of this place.

• 20 karma

Is there a reason why you all have not offered ways to do this live? It would be more beneficial hearing these responses in real time than going back and reading a post. This is great way to continue to develop your connection with your subscribers.

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7262 karma

@msjhummingbird great idea! We're going to do a live one as well. Stay tuned.

1110 karma

Reminder to everyone that this AMA will be happening in less than 12 hours! See you all Thursday at 7pm EDT! I'll make a new post then.