Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need advice: Admissions Timeline

ASMX1963ASMX1963 Member
edited November 2021 in Law School Admissions 65 karma

Hello! I am in need of some advice. I have taken the LSAT twice and most recently got a 159 on the October LSAT. While this is not the score I wanted, it is the score that has been officially sent to schools which I applied to in early October. I have a 3.8 GPA so I am split for several schools.

Does it make sense to leave my applications as is with the 159 on file or do I retake the January 2022 LSAT and ask for admissions to wait and review my application then?

(Unfortunately I am unable to take the Nov. LSAT as the test dates interfere with a prior personal commitment so I either keep my 159 or wait until January 2022). Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

Personally, if I were in your shoes I would stick with the 159 because a 3.8 is a solid GPA. When it comes to retaking, you really need to weigh the odds about whether you can realistically score higher in January by enough of a margin to make a difference. If you've been consistently scoring at 5ish points higher in PT's then maybe retaking would be a good idea, but if you've been hovering around a 160-163 then really ask yourself if putting yourself through 2 more months of studying and risking getting a lower score is worth it for you.