Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Advice on How to Tackle November LSAT land in solid 150s, ideally 155+

Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
in General 1417 karma

Hello 7 Sage Community,

I would like some advice on how to tackle November LSAT and land in the solid 150s. Goal is ideally 155+ for this cycle.

What are some study tips I could do to maximize points from now until test day?

Hoping to apply right after November score is released.

Thank you and best of luck :)

Comments

• legallyconfusionlegallyconfusion Core Member
    56 karma

Hi! Depending on what you're scoring in each section, I think you can focus on LG as the main section to improve. Fool-proofing the way JY suggests really does the trick. It's the easiest section to improve and it can definitely help increase your score to the solid 150s! Good luck! :)

• annaemurphy279annaemurphy279 Core Member
    99 karma

I agree with the person above! The LG section is the easiest to pick up- especially with the explanation videos- and if you can improve on that section it can push your score up easily. But don't neglect the other sections, they do come to bite you in the behind. For LR doing many of them until you catch the patters is a good method. RC essentially tests your short term memory, so doing the memory exercises on the syllabus is a good idea. Best of luck to you!

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Thank you @legallyconfusion @annaemurphy279 . On LG, I range from 4 to -3.

For LR, I’m trying to stabilize my performance and aim for no more than -10 to -11 errors. How can I stabilize my performance in LR and hit my goal?

• GenTheJudgeGenTheJudge Core Member
    60 karma

Figure out which LR questions you're missing most frequently (are they Main Point, Assumption, Flaw questions etc?). Go to the LSAT questions tab, Problem sets, use the most recent group, and select those question types. Drill them, without a time limit. What method are you using that simply doesn't work for you? EX: Is reading the question stem first throwing you off, or taking too many notes actually wasting your time? Sit down for an hour and pay attention to how you think about the question, try something different, decide what works best. For RC, just read daily, even just 30 minutes. Doesn't have to be hard material or sciency stuff. Practice enjoying reading and the RC passage will come easier. Here's a youtube video that really helped me for tackling them You got this! Plenty of time still to get to that score range

• a_pmorenoca_pmorenoc Member
    633 karma

For LR really try to read for the conclusion and ask yourself whether the premises support it or not (this really helps with strengthen/weaken); additionally PREPHRASE an answer choice after reading the question stem so you have an idea of what you're looking for in the answer choices even if its not identical! I went from -13 to -2 with this technique fairly quickly--Goodluck :)

• julielamberthjulielamberth Free Trial Member
    12 karma

Can you give more specifics as to what you struggle with? Its almost impossible to give an answer that is both one size fits all and useful. Personally I'm not a fan of foolproofing (memorizing one game by doing it 10 times just helps you learn that game; I'd rather you do 5 games a couple of times each) and I treat RC as an open book test, not a test of memory, so I have a different take on things that some of the previous replies (and almost 20 years of LSAT experience). Not saying they are wrong, but I personally approach things differently.

1417 karma

@julielamberth For LR, I’m trying to stabilize my performance and aim for no more than -10 to -11 errors. RC, I'm looking to miss no more than -12.

How can I stabilize my performance in LR and RC and hit my goal?

1417 karma

Thank you so much @GenTheJudge @a_pmorenoc