Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT74.S4.Q19 The recent concert was probably not properly prepared

leoxnardxleoxnardx Member
edited November 2021 in Logical Reasoning 82 karma

.#help
For this one, I mapped the stimulus as
/sellout ---> poorly prepared
/SO

poorly prepared (equals to not properly prepared)

Isn't this technically what the question stem is? But how can I match this to AC C, which should be negating necessary condition. Is it permissible to contrapositive it to fit in C? Am I doing something wrong here?

Admin Note: https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-74-section-4-question-19/

Comments

• gaver456gaver456 Core Member
    108 karma

Hi! For this one I did "/poorly promoted --> so." Then, I did "/so" and concluded "/properly promoted." I changed "/poorly promoted" to "properly promoted." While in most questions that's not advisable, I feel like for these very abstract questions where you need to simplify it as much as possible it really helps you see the error and apply it to others.

I think the main confusion with this question is people mixing up the poorly promoted and properly promoted. Does that make sense?

• leoxnardxleoxnardx Member
    edited November 2021 82 karma

@gaver456 said:
    Hi! For this one I did "/poorly promoted --> so." Then, I did "/so" and concluded "/properly promoted." I changed "/poorly promoted" to "properly promoted." While in most questions that's not advisable, I feel like for these very abstract questions where you need to simplify it as much as possible it really helps you see the error and apply it to others.

I think the main confusion with this question is people mixing up the poorly promoted and properly promoted. Does that make sense?

Yea that makes sense. My confusion is that in review and even with properly promoted as the reference, I still get:
    /SO --> /Properly Promoted
    /SO

/PP
    Im just wondering if the logic is that C is the equivalent of the contrapositive of this logic chain, therefore it is still correct even though it is not the exact match but the contrapositive. I mean these two definitely mean the same thing logically:
    PP --> SO
    /SO

/PP

Am I making sense here? Thanks for the explanation!