Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To get better at a section...do you recommend focusing on one section for a few weeks

pugloverpuglover Member
in General 149 karma

I'm confused if I should focus on RC for about a few weeks or a month, but I am afraid this will jeopardize my LR/LG scores. Do you guys think it's a good idea to do this and have a day or two devoted to the other sections.

Thank you guys very much for any feedback!

Comments

• nick.placenick.place Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    74 karma

Depends on how much time you have left to study, but in my opinion... yes! If you've got a problem area, it's a good idea to focus a lot of your time and mental energy on that problem area to get better. If you're worried about having your LR and LG scores fall, you can do some light practice to maintain those skill sets while you work on bringing up RC.

• pugloverpuglover Member
    149 karma

@"nick.place" said:
    Depends on how much time you have left to study, but in my opinion... yes! If you've got a problem area, it's a good idea to focus a lot of your time and mental energy on that problem area to get better. If you're worried about having your LR and LG scores fall, you can do some light practice to maintain those skill sets while you work on bringing up RC.

Yeah, I have until March, and I have been studying the LSAT for a while now (about over a year). I worried that the information I learned from the other sections will not be as strong, but RC is probably my weakest section right now. I do not think the information will be lost just it might take longer to catch up to where I was at my strong points with the other sections.

Thank you for your input, I really appreciate it :smiley:

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

Agree with above. But, it also depends on how far you are in your prep. What are you scores per section, on average? What are you goal scores per section?

If there is a wild discrepancy in a certain section compared to the other two, like -4 LR, -7 RC, and -4 LG. I would try to focus on getting RC down to your other averages and then trying to bring all of them down another point or so. But, once again, it depends on where you want to end up.

149 karma

@gabes900 said:
    Agree with above. But, it also depends on how far you are in your prep. What are you scores per section, on average? What are you goal scores per section?

If there is a wild discrepancy in a certain section compared to the other two, like -4 LR, -7 RC, and -4 LG. I would try to focus on getting RC down to your other averages and then trying to bring all of them down another point or so. But, once again, it depends on where you want to end up.

The discrepancy that you made is similar to what I have with the RC section, it's the section that I'm getting significantly less points on. I am not looking for a perfect score, just to boost my score to where I want it to be. I also found your comments helpful, thank you!

855 karma

You’re welcome! I’m glad I could help. Then I would try to prioritize RC during the day, as in studying it first before your other sections and also maybe doing an intensive studying program for a couple weeks of only RC if you find that helps.

But, maybe just doing it first in the day before other sections would suffice.

855 karma

I wish you best of luck in your studies! I am also in similar boat. My goal is to get my sections down to roughly -3 on each section, not going for perfect either

149 karma

@gabes900 said:
    I wish you best of luck in your studies! I am also in similar boat. My goal is to get my sections down to roughly -3 on each section, not going for perfect either

Thank you! Yup, all very good tips. I'm sure you will get to your target goal, I think you have great strategies.