Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC Question Please Help?

I heard that literary devices were not tested on the LSAT and not to worry about high level advanced vocabulary.

However, I was reading a study guide that gave an explanation of author's attitude and tone by way of a literary device for which I had to look up the meaning.

I was not an English or Philosophy major. The high level vocabulary and metaphors are destroying my progress and success. I am able to handle/understand the context cues as per science and legal jargon, but it's the thousands of other words that concern me. Even for words that I thought I was familiar with, the connotations flip and throw me for a loop.

Any suggestions please......?????

Comments

• WinningHereWinningHere Member
    417 karma

Focus on the big picture of the passage

• JusticeLawJusticeLaw Member
    194 karma

Thank you. I greatly appreciate your comment.

• Jordan JohnsonJordan Johnson Member
    686 karma

It sounds like that particular study guide isn’t the best resource for you. I wasn’t an English or Philosophy major, either… but I haven’t found it to hold me back from doing well on the exam.

To get a better sense of what you mean, what are some of the “literary devices” that the guide references that you’re unfamiliar with?

• JusticeLawJusticeLaw Member
    194 karma

The study guide didn't give a preptest number. The solutions state it to be a descriptive tone or attitude of the author"Ivory Tower Theory". I looked up the term and found it to be a metaphor.

I have issues with humanities passages especially the tone and attitude questions.

This whole test seems like a lot of information or TMI, too much information to know, learn and study, the flaws, conditionals, and hidden literary devices. OMG

Thanks for the encouragement.

Suggestions welcome.